Audi A5 Sportback

Elviskoh

Neutral Newbie

May I know what is the best price for the A5 Sportback right now? 

Please pm me. 

Would like to get it next week. 

Thanks

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

CVT doesn't have mechatronic.

I'm sure the CVT still has some sort of electronic control unit, it has to move the pulleys in some way...

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

May I know what is the best price for the A5 Sportback right now? 

Please pm me. 

Would like to get it next week. 

Thanks

i checked today over phone

$201k

5year waranty, unlimited mileage

4k service credit

let me know if you can get good deal

i also wanna get

free wifi there

• Praise 5

I'm sure the CVT still has some sort of electronic control unit, it has to move the pulleys in some way...

TCU lor

Hi Hummer, what would be a reasonable dep for the 1.8?

Yes
Yes
CVT doesn't have mechatronic.
Look out for price.

They are asking for the sky for a 1.8. Ballsy.
How much did they offer you?

i checked today over phone

$201k

5year waranty, unlimited mileage

4k service credit

let me know if you can get good deal

i also wanna get

free wifi there

Yandao towkay, Jin Richie, so fast wanna change xin chia

• Praise 2

Seeking advice: am tempted by a 2013 2.0A TFSI Quattro A5 SB - is the GB still problematic or should I just look at the 1.8s?

Appreciate all advice and thank you in advance.

• Praise 1

Seeking advice: am tempted by a 2013 2.0A TFSI Quattro A5 SB - is the GB still problematic or should I just look at the 1.8s?

Appreciate all advice and thank you in advance.

The facelift will resolve the engine oil issue(fingers crossed). Gearbox wise.. some will still face the issue for the S-tronic.

What car r u driving now?

Have u test drive the a5?

The facelift will resolve the engine oil issue(fingers crossed). Gearbox wise.. some will still face the issue for the S-tronic.

What car r u driving now?

Have u test drive the a5?

Facelift? I am looking at 2nd hand market - specifically 2013 model (supposedly built in 2012). Is this the facelift that you are referring to?

Have tested both the 1.8 and 2.0 - and prefer the 2.0 over the 1.8 as the price difference isn't really significant, but the driving pleasure is. But if S-tronic is still an issue (which is on the 2.0) - I might have to reconsider the 1.8  as I really don't want pay money for me to serve the car and not vice versa.

Facelift? I am looking at 2nd hand market - specifically 2013 model (supposedly built in 2012). Is this the facelift that you are referring to?

Have tested both the 1.8 and 2.0 - and prefer the 2.0 over the 1.8 as the price difference isn't really significant, but the driving pleasure is. But if S-tronic is still an issue (which is on the 2.0) - I might have to reconsider the 1.8  as I really don't want pay money for me to serve the car and not vice versa.

The 2013 Facelift is with new front n rear lights.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=664116&DL=3222

That being said, the gearbox might still pop surprises from different pple feedbacks. Usually its the mechatronics.

The 2013 Facelift is with new front n rear lights.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=664116&DL=3222

That being said, the gearbox might still pop surprises from different pple feedbacks. Usually its the mechatronics.

Yeah - the mechatronics unit is on all of Audi's twin-clutch gearboxes. No place to hide for that.

Guess it will be a heng-suay sort of thing then. LOL

Yeah - the mechatronics unit is on all of Audi's twin-clutch gearboxes. No place to hide for that.

Guess it will be a heng-suay sort of thing then. LOL

Also i still see tonnes of A5 on the road

Regular changing of gear oil n filter will help

Edited by Rayoflight

I was also considering used A5 SB 2.0 turbo. This is best option to experience the quattro technology.

But as my mechanic tells it, the dual clutch transmission remains an issue to be tamed with more frequent oil and filter changes compulsory (at $400 per change).

And the more important issue of excessive carbon build-up on valves on all TFSI engines (due to the direct injection). This causes the extra oil consumption and spark plug fouling etc. In TFSI engines, it's the early wear of the timing chain tensioners/pulleys that cause the camshafts to run slightly out of time.

Must spend money to refresh all tensioners and check timing religiously. Decarbon engine and check valves and change spark plugs.

There is no evidence that Audi/VW group has improved the quality of those tensioners.

The issue in Singapore is that most owners scared to get their hands dirty and take heavy loan to buy new to avoid having to think about maintenance.

I believe Audi is running wet clutch for 2L & above.  How frequent is the oil change?

Most direct injection will have carbon build up on top of value.  Juz need to do it once every 50k (thereabout).  if wait till 100k, it might be too late.

I am still confused by the feedback here...apparently it seems that though they have improved the clutch transmission issue, nobody can confirm it the clutch issue has been solved?

I am nearing to decide on this car, love this at first sight, but really concern about the clutch issue again.

Secondly, since they only provide 3 free servicing, where do you guys service A5 thereafter? 

What is the difference between A5 sportback non quattro and quattro version? Just 4wd can make such a big difference in horsepower and price?

↡ Advertisement