How to trace owner from vehicle registration number?

Beehive3783

You should have just claimed insurance since he was so kwailan? since he knock into you, it's a sure win rite?

it was a side collision, no guarantee sure win.

↡ Advertisement

sigh ... tink AA advise all drivers to have ready pte settlement template on paper in car ... just in case .. on spot write and sign

i do have it in my car, but the problem here is, what if the other party refuses to sign anything or even show their IC for verification of particulars?

hey beehive ben bro. u drive avante right? i think u can try entering the b------d's plate number at AXS station to find out his address! if i not wrong last time someone here did that and found the culprit! try!

lowlee normally has a company name pasted all over the place

you probably took quite a number of picutres of the accident. surely one of these pictures will contain info of the company name.

go acra pay some little money to get the company info which include company address and address of directors

hey beehive ben bro. u drive avante right? i think u can try entering the b------d's plate number at AXS station to find out his address! if i not wrong last time someone here did that and found the culprit! try!

yeah i drive Avante.. how u know ah [laugh]

check plate number at AXS station? under which section? any idea?

ok.. i need to find the owner because this lorry grazed my car last dec. we settled the matter and he paid for my repairs, but now i need to look for him to sign the private settlement agreement. Called him this afternoon but he was reluctant to meet up to sign it even when i offered to meet him at a place of his convenience. And to make matters worse, he hung up on me when i was trying hard to explain to him why i need him to sign the private settlement agreement. I have a feeling he's trying to play punk with me.

Yes, please go ahead to call me kum gong for not getting his particulars but this old man is a tough nut to crack. After the accident happened, he pretended to drive away like nothing happened. I had to chase him down and stop him at a traffic junction. Anyway it happened at Scotts/Stevens Rd junction during rush hour. Thereafter, we stopped at a bus stop to look at the damage. I asked him for his NRIC to take down his particulars, the old bugger refused, saying that only the police has the right to check his IC. Pissed off right?

So, I asked him for his name and IC number. Gave his name as Goh, which magically changed to Pang when I called him today. Thank god the number is still live. And furthermore, the IC number he gave me? Short of one number. Great.

Anyway, i need him to sign it to close the case and get my NCD, cos i reported the accident shortly after it happened, and now the insurer is holding my NCD. They claim that they cannot close the case now even if i am not claiming anything, they need to wait one year from the date of accident to close the matter and return the NCD to me.

Thinking back, yes we are really screwed by these c.b insurers. Don't report, get screwed, report also get screwed.

So, can anyone help me out on this? I would really appreciate it if someone can help me track the bugger down. Will the white ants or blue poodles entertain me if I tell them I need to track him down just to make him sign the private settlement? I don't think so right?

report police.

maybe can threaten him report police first, if he still dun budge, wan chut stunt, report lo.

juz report, got record. at least next time if he claim u, got record to back u up.

lorry, likely is company vehicle, so even if u go LTA/TP get owner particulars, u get company name how?

and wad if company got a few drivers? lagi jialat, dono who also

lowlee normally has a company name pasted all over the place

you probably took quite a number of picutres of the accident. surely one of these pictures will contain info of the company name.

go acra pay some little money to get the company info which include company address and address of directors

bingo! but hor. the lowlee don't have the company name on it. even the painted black rectangle with the registered owner's name and address is not on the lowlee.. [bigcry]

report police.

maybe can threaten him report police first, if he still dun budge, wan chut stunt, report lo.

juz report, got record. at least next time if he claim u, got record to back u up.

lorry, likely is company vehicle, so even if u go LTA/TP get owner particulars, u get company name how?

and wad if company got a few drivers? lagi jialat, dono who also

thanks for the advice, i will wait till friday before i go and consult my friendly NPC.. i hope more favourable replies will come by in this thread. don't wanna involve police as much as possible. but i guess i have no choice if he continues to play punk with me. i will call him again today also.

yeah i drive Avante.. how u know ah [laugh]

check plate number at AXS station? under which section? any idea?

Haha me also in CA mah :P Anyway, I think its under the fines or parking section of the AXS. Seriously if I got time later I try. But if you have a AXS near your office you might want to try first.

Haha me also in CA mah :P Anyway, I think its under the fines or parking section of the AXS. Seriously if I got time later I try. But if you have a AXS near your office you might want to try first.

I tried HDB and URA and EDDIES website liao leh.. still need to go AXS?

He did give me his IC number, but it turns out that it's one number short. So now, the only accurate particulars I have on him is the vehicle number and his cellphone number.

As per my explanation above, I wanted to exchange particulars with him right after the accident but he refused to produce his IC, saying he would only show his IC to police officers. So I just wrote down what he told me verbally. And his name magically changed, from Goh to Pang when I called him yesterday.

I also want to close off this thing and move on, but he's not cooperating.. this kind of ba5tard driver really headache.

Next time if such thing happened, take many photos on the spot as well as the guy. You actually do not need to report to your insur( i did not) if private settle but for me I went to the police to make the report as a record...IMO. Luckily that guy who bang my car is honest.

....go to workshop that handle accident claim (best one that u know well) and ask for their assistance. They can get their lawyer to extract the OWNER Registered details.

I was involved in a hit and run, while on the move. Paid $10 to get the owner details.

BTW did u report to the insurance company? If u have, then request for undertaking letter that u will not make any claim and discharge them for this incident.

you see, this is what screwed me over. I reported the accident to my former insurer, now my current insurer says they have to hold my NCD because the case is not closed yet. I need to find the driver and get him to sign the private settlement agreement to close off the case and get my NCD back.

you have to ask the insurer (current or previous) to provide with the details/address. seems like that is the only way out.

(edited)

....go to workshop that handle accident claim (best one that u know well) and ask for their assistance. They can get their lawyer to extract the OWNER Registered details.

I was involved in a hit and run, while on the move. Paid $10 to get the owner details.

BTW did u report to the insurance company? If u have, then request for undertaking letter that u will not make any claim and discharge them for this incident.

but, i don't have any workshop contact that i'm familiar with, wonder who i can approach.. maybe have to ask my friends.. nevertheless, it's good info for me. Thanks.

i reported to my ex-insurer after the accident. and yesterday i called them to ask them to close off the case and release my NCD, they refused, saying that it has to be open for 1 year in case the other party claims against me. so, what can i do here?

Edited by Beehive3783

i do have it in my car, but the problem here is, what if the other party refuses to sign anything or even show their IC for verification of particulars?

take his picture.

at least if contest insurance, u got evidence.

he dunwan give his particulars, maybe got hidden reason. maybe his license kantong already? or he drink drive?

alot reasons.

he refuse, u can threaten call police, or simply take pic.

scarli, in the future, he get another person come out and tah this case?

u got picture of driver and contest claim also easier since u got evidence

Next time if such thing happened, take many photos on the spot as well as the guy. You actually do not need to report to your insur( i did not) if private settle but for me I went to the police to make the report as a record...IMO. Luckily that guy who bang my car is honest.

even private settlement you must also report to your insurance.

you are lucky that the other party did not bite you back. he/she can also counter claim that he/she is being forced to sign the private settle statement.

many cases already happen.

if you dont report and kanna bite back, insurance company is not going to help you at all.

ok.. slight update, i managed to get the other driver's full IC number using an NRIC checker. Now to google around to see if the NRIC is valid.

Link is here for those interested.

NRIC checker

take his picture.

at least if contest insurance, u got evidence.

he dunwan give his particulars, maybe got hidden reason. maybe his license kantong already? or he drink drive?

alot reasons.

he refuse, u can threaten call police, or simply take pic.

scarli, in the future, he get another person come out and tah this case?

u got picture of driver and contest claim also easier since u got evidence

ok, the case now is, i have repaired my car already. i went to his workshop and he paid. now i just want to get him to sign the private settlement agreement, fax to my insurer and get them to close the case and release my NCD.

↡ Advertisement