How to trace owner from vehicle registration number?

Beehive3783

bro you last sentence very uncalled for... you so kaypo give advice then in the end talk c--k....

so i can gather that you will pay $20 for an item that cost $10..... good for you that you are rich... ^_^

[laugh] hehehe bro.... all car owners in singapore willingly and happily paid more than that ratio for their cars [laugh]

Edited by Viceroymenthol
↡ Advertisement

bro... tis thread aside...

understeering car goes through the fence nose first, an oversteering car goes through the fence tail first, and with a neutral-steering car, both ends go through the fence at the same time.

[laugh]

Edited by Ken4555

hi, beehive

pls dun get mad if my reply does not soothe your ears.

i think you have over-reacted.

you should be very very relieved at this stage for the following facts;

- he paid for yr damage

- he din make any damage report within 24hr

- he din make any report to his insurance

you can imagine what's next if he did the opposite on the abovementioned!

you shud instead 'phew! thanks mannnnn'

i dunno why your insurer refused to help you.

within insurers themselves, they can locate the policy holder's contact.

or you can pay $5 or $10 to locate the other party's insurer personally from LTA and then call them for their policy holder's contact etc....

but by the fact that the driver carried out the abovementioned, its high chance that he wun / cannot counter claim you.

this means you can sign the 'letter of undertaking' if you insist yr original NCD.

btw, you din say how much is the damage????

if that driver had paid from his pocket, i assumed its a small amount . . . <$3K???

if that's true, then you can rest assure that there's no case for any loading in your insurance premiums or NCD (at least not for long) . . . .

so its actually your insurer wanna play punks with you, NOT that driver!!!

put it this way, what can your insurer do to you if you forged his signatory on that 'letter of undertaking' for that driver's signatory.......since you have all his details now.

the actual issue here lies on your current insurer - fire them if I am you . . . . !

hi bro let me try to answer you. i'm definitely not offended, no worries. :D

the repair fees? I have no idea, because the workshop told me they will settle with the other party directly, i just left my car with them, they did the repairs, and i drove away a happy man.

anyway, the damage to my car was minor, just some putty and respray needed, i'm guessing less than $500 even. but sad thing is my rims also kenna as well, some lettering which was printed to the rim had to be polished off to remove the scratches. [bigcry]

this accident happened when i was still with insurer A. i just recently renewed my insurance with insurer B, and they are the one who called me up saying that my NCD is being held due to non-closure of this case.

for me personally, i just want to quickly close off this case and move on. sounds familiar eh? [laugh]

P.S. your suggestion is good.. i will seriously consider it :D

its a case of damn if we do and damn if u dont. Involve in an accident and if we dont report but the other party report...we die. If we report to play safe, our NCD will be held....also we die. But if you are so sure that the other party wont make a claim and u yourself not going to claim against your own insurance....just sign the letter of undertaking. No need the hassle of trace the guy down. Try putting ourself in the lorry driver's shoes. Come out of his own pocket to pay for the repair cost and now need to sign document some more. He might not be verse in all these and now in just defensive mode.

Bro, I truly understand yur situation cos had been thru it all. Good u post in here and least all are aware and know what to do should it happen to them.

its a case of damn if we do and damn if u dont. Involve in an accident and if we dont report but the other party report...we die. If we report to play safe, our NCD will be held....also we die. But if you are so sure that the other party wont make a claim and u yourself not going to claim against your own insurance....just sign the letter of undertaking. No need the hassle of trace the guy down. Try putting ourself in the lorry driver's shoes. Come out of his own pocket to pay for the repair cost and now need to sign document some more. He might not be verse in all these and now in just defensive mode.

Bro, I truly understand yur situation cos had been thru it all. Good u post in here and least all are aware and know what to do should it happen to them.

yeah, you're right.. i'll look at all the options here and decide on the best way to proceed. but going by the situation, it seems the dark method is the best..

ya.. luckily.. if not you will be in for a lot of inconvenience if he decides to claim your insurance

He banged my bumper...do you think he got a case when he report ????

He banged my bumper...do you think he got a case when he report ????

[laugh] i also dunno he bang which side of ur car mah.. front, back, left, right.. got 4 sides leh..

bro... tis thread aside...

understeering car goes through the fence nose first, an oversteering car goes through the fence tail first, and with a neutral-steering car, both ends go through the fence at the same time.

[laugh]

[laugh][laugh] chery QQ can fly up and over the fence.. like superman

Neutral Newbie

Thanks bro. Here are the details of the lorry. It's white in color, and the "box" at the back is unpainted, i.e aluminium colour:

Enquire Transfer Fee

Vehicle Details

Vehicle No.: YJ6751C

Vehicle Type: A50 - Goods (Closed) Van/Van Panel (Delivery)

Vehicle Attachment 1: No Attachment

Vehicle Scheme: Normal

Vehicle Make: ISUZU

Vehicle Model: NPR58LU5GY

Chassis No.: JAANPR58LV7100534

Engine No.: 4BE1584624

Engine Capacity: 3636 cc

Maximum Laden Weight: 5000 kg

Unladen Weight: 2460 kg

Year Of Manufacture: 1996

Original Registration Date: 11 Jan 1997

Lifespan Expiry Date: 10 Jan 2017

COE Category: C - Goods Vehicle & Bus

Quota Premium: $3,065.00

COE Expiry Date: 10 Jan 2017

Road Tax Expiry Date: 07 May 2010

Inspection Due Date: 07 May 2010

Ok. I am a newbie - I am just wondering how did you get so much information. Is it still possible to trace a vehicle if you have part of the vehicle number?

What happened was, on Dec 8, our family car was parked in an open carpark and hit by a silver/grey PA vehicle - hit and run. We didn't know and couldn't trace the vehicle. The security guard at the opposite condo saw the whole accident, and told us and said the other vehicle is also badly damaged, TP sure can catch - but TP say not enough evidence must close case. A badly damaged PA car sure need to repair right?

I heard LTA has a site to check license plate number, must pay S$5.35 but i cant find the right link.

Thanks for any help rendered!!

• Praise 1

Ok. I am a newbie - I am just wondering how did you get so much information. Is it still possible to trace a vehicle if you have part of the vehicle number?

What happened was, on Dec 8, our family car was parked in an open carpark and hit by a silver/grey PA vehicle - hit and run. We didn't know and couldn't trace the vehicle. The security guard at the opposite condo saw the whole accident, and told us and said the other vehicle is also badly damaged, TP sure can catch - but TP say not enough evidence must close case. A badly damaged PA car sure need to repair right?

I heard LTA has a site to check license plate number, must pay S$5.35 but i cant find the right link.

If the security guard is willing to be your witness and has the number plate, just report to insurance and let them handle for you. If the damage to your car is not serious and can be fixed within the excess of your car insurance, then just fix it and suck thumb. At least it won't affect your next renewal or NCD. Can't say the same if you report to insurance to let them handle.

this is the link to check the details of the vehicle, but no owner's details..

Neutral Newbie

Bro you don't have the license plate how to catch? The person can go own workshop to do what.. Just forget it bah, count it on your luck.. Take care [:(]

• Praise 1

Frankly, you should not even consider forgery of signature at all. God bless whoever came out with such hare brained idea on the forum.

Your current position, no doubt compromised, is still relatively good. The other party has paid for the repair (of which he can always deny), has not lodged a claim against you (this is what we reasonbly assume).

The insurance company is merely withholding your NCD, meaning it will be refunded to you in due course. So it is only a matter of time before you see the money back again. No major lost. Ask for documentions from the underwriter stating the date/ amount that will be refunded so that you are covered.

If the other party does not want to talk, what makes you think he'll sign the documents if you manage to track him down? What are you going to do? Make he realize that he can screw you? I doubt this person is in the most charitable mood.

It is best to wait it out than try to be too clever in this situation.

Neutral Newbie

If the security guard is willing to be your witness and has the number plate, just report to insurance and let them handle for you. If the damage to your car is not serious and can be fixed within the excess of your car insurance, then just fix it and suck thumb. At least it won't affect your next renewal or NCD. Can't say the same if you report to insurance to let them handle.

The security guard is willing to be witness, but tp says not counted because guard says he saw a PA van, CCTV captured a black car. Anyway, the security guard caught first 2 digits - PA53XX. We checked with LTA, there are in total 99PA vans with PA53XX - haven't narrowed down by colours. Anyway, TP said case closed due to lack of evidence to continue investigation - they didn't even question the security guard.

The vehicle was badly damaged. The impact made by that SOB hit and run driver caused our car to rammed right into the lorry in front. Back kena, front also kena, doors jammed. Car insurer says it's total loss cos repairs estimated at S$29,000 (just for the appearance) exceeds economical sense as the car is left with 3 years on COE. Internals not checked yet.

He sure need repair, cos security guards said his van's front right side is so badly damaged sure need repair.

How to buy a car now? Our's a Opel 1.8 MPV - the coe for open cat now is 76k I think. That's why I am Swayone.

The security guard is willing to be witness, but tp says not counted because guard says he saw a PA van, CCTV captured a black car. Anyway, the security guard caught first 2 digits - PA53XX. We checked with LTA, there are in total 99PA vans with PA53XX - haven't narrowed down by colours. Anyway, TP said case closed due to lack of evidence to continue investigation - they didn't even question the security guard.

The vehicle was badly damaged. The impact made by that SOB hit and run driver caused our car to rammed right into the lorry in front. Back kena, front also kena, doors jammed. Car insurer says it's total loss cos repairs estimated at S$29,000 (just for the appearance) exceeds economical sense as the car is left with 3 years on COE. Internals not checked yet.

He sure need repair, cos security guards said his van's front right side is so badly damaged sure need repair.

How to buy a car now? Our's a Opel 1.8 MPV - the coe for open cat now is 76k I think. That's why I am Swayone.

CCTV cannot lie right? SO I suppose the security guard gave you the wrong information. The CCTV didn't capture the vehicle colliding with your car?

Neutral Newbie

CCTV cannot lie right? SO I suppose the security guard gave you the wrong information. The CCTV didn't capture the vehicle colliding with your car?

The CCTV's location is 3 pavements away from the place of accident and there were trees obscuring the view of the CCTV. Anyway, we believed the security guard because the impact of the hit was pretty high up, near the roof of the car, and a normal car will only hit mid levels of the car so logically, it should be a big vehicle. In fact, our first reaction was a big bus or something.

Yah, they didn't even see the make of the car, only a black car moved our car - our car moved forward by half a lot, which is alot in my opinion. The the Security Guard said a Comfort taxi was driving behind this PA van. We called Comfort Taxi, but they cannot give us any info unless it's police case. But police doesn't want to do work - said they will close case for now, until we can give new evidence. :angry:

He did give me his IC number, but it turns out that it's one number short. So now, the only accurate particulars I have on him is the vehicle number and his cellphone number.

As per my explanation above, I wanted to exchange particulars with him right after the accident but he refused to produce his IC, saying he would only show his IC to police officers. So I just wrote down what he told me verbally. And his name magically changed, from Goh to Pang when I called him yesterday.

I also want to close off this thing and move on, but he's not cooperating.. this kind of ba5tard driver really headache.

It looks like you descrbing him an unauthorised driver, so refused to produce IC (no valid driving licence)...?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1