AXA Motor Insurance - Good or not?

Sci10213

Was checking out websites offering instant insurance quotes...saw this regarding a Citibank-AXA insurance quotation:

"....Your car is not a Honda or Chevrolet or Hyundai that is under 3 years old or a Volkswagen that is under 10 years or a vehicle of High Performance which includes and not limited to Ferrari, Lamborghini..."

Interesting tat they actually expressedly name Honda, Chevrolet, Hyundai and Volkswagen.... [;)]

↡ Advertisement

Was checking out websites offering instant insurance quotes...saw this regarding a Citibank-AXA insurance quotation:

"....Your car is not a Honda or Chevrolet or Hyundai that is under 3 years old or a Volkswagen that is under 10 years or a vehicle of High Performance which includes and not limited to Ferrari, Lamborghini..."

Interesting tat they actually expressedly name Honda, Chevrolet, Hyundai and Volkswagen.... [;)]

If you want buy AXA don't use citibank link cos they are more ex than agent offer.

I have check before.

Hi Forte3737, not sure in what sense you mean this? If it's in terms of price then we have our best price guarantee - if you can find cheaper insurance elsewhere, on a like for like quote - same cover, same details, etc, and you are in our market (not sports cars, etc), then we'll give you twice the difference to come over to us. That's how confident we are that you will virtually never find cheaper insurance elsewhere on a like for like basis.

Do let me know if you meant this in a different sense? Have a nice evening .....

Does it apply to motorcycle insurance?

If you want buy AXA don't use citibank link cos they are more ex than agent offer.

I have check before.

so for AXA, which agent do u use? Or go direct to AXA?

so for AXA, which agent do u use? Or go direct to AXA?

Some of those online insurance got do axa too.

A-assurance I think got do.

I did ask axa if upsize rim from original 15" - 17" ok bo but they return with a increase of $80 to their quote so I took up aig which they never charge me extra for that.

If u want my agent contact for aig I can give u.

Just ask.

Some of those online insurance got do axa too.

A-assurance I think got do.

I did ask axa if upsize rim from original 15" - 17" ok bo but they return with a increase of $80 to their quote so I took up aig which they never charge me extra for that.

If u want my agent contact for aig I can give u.

Just ask.

ok, thanks for the offer. i'm waiting for a few agents to come back with quotes....so will wait for them first.

ok, thanks for the offer. i'm waiting for a few agents to come back with quotes....so will wait for them first.

No problem and good luck

Hi Direct \Asia.

I just need to check if I change my original rims from 14" to 16" but keep the original OD fr the wheel ( Tire has a lower profile) is it ok with yr company?

I have actually found that increasing the rim size 2" n using a lower profile tire has improved the roadholding n grip to my car.

Wil this invalidate my insurance with DA?

Hi Pisces69, thanks for this. Just to check with you, are you referring to 'overall diameter' when you say OD?

If that's the case then this is specifically mentioned in the LTA's guidelines:

Sports rims

(for cars only)

The following requirements must be met for cars when changing to sports rims:

a) The size of the sports rims should be in accordance with the car manufacturer's recommendations.

b) They shall not protrude from the car body laterally.

c) The overall rolling radius of the original wheels and tyres should not be altered.

There's no issue for us with respect to changing rims as long as it follows the LTA guidelines above. As always, do note that we will pay for the original price of a standard rim in the event of the unfortunate occurring.

I hope that helps, and have a good day

Hi Direct \Asia.

I just need to check if I change my original rims from 14" to 16" but keep the original OD fr the wheel ( Tire has a lower profile) is it ok with yr company?

I have actually found that increasing the rim size 2" n using a lower profile tire has improved the roadholding n grip to my car.

Supersonic
(edited)

Hi Direct \Asia.

They oredi tell u this:

The size of the sports rims should be in accordance with the car manufacturer's recommendations.

The overall rolling radius of the original wheels and tyres should not be altered.

Which aftermarket rim after going +2 will be accordance to manufacturer's recommendations and rolling radius no change one? Even if bigger or smaller by 1mm, they technically hv grounds to void ur claim.

Edited by Soya

Hi there,

you're absolutely fine modding your car with DirectAsia.com - just stick to what is LTA approved and legal on the roads of Singapore :-)

take care

if want to modify, then better skip avivia and DA

Turbocharged

hahaha.....looking at all the questions and comment.

SMLJ also must report. Why go thru all the trouble for budget insurance?

i rather pay the additional S$100 or S$200 to avoid all the nonesense from the budget insurance company.

hahaha.....looking at all the questions and comment.

SMLJ also must report. Why go thru all the trouble for budget insurance?

i rather pay the additional S$100 or S$200 to avoid all the nonesense from the budget insurance company.

+1 [;)]

They oredi tell u this:

The size of the sports rims should be in accordance with the car manufacturer's recommendations.

The overall rolling radius of the original wheels and tyres should not be altered.

Which aftermarket rim after going +2 will be accordance to manufacturer's recommendations and rolling radius no change one? Even if bigger or smaller by 1mm, they technically hv grounds to void ur claim.

Anybody who install sports rims even up 1 can have a slight difference of 1mm for the OD.

Like that anybody who install sports rims might not b covered. [sweatdrop]

I increase rims by 2" but i use a lower profile tire so the OD is still about same. How can ty say that wil void my insurance.

Hi there,

you're absolutely fine modding your car with DirectAsia.com - just stick to what is LTA approved and legal on the roads of Singapore :-)

take care

So that means if my car can pass the vehicle inspection at Vicom, AA etc means my car is legal on the roads?

↡ Advertisement