Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
26 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:05 PM

Kopitam
  • Kopitam
    Banned

One of my car remote control key got chewed up by my 3 chinchillas early in the morning when we forgottern to close their cage
went down to vivocity, basement key kiosk, philipino lady told me the cost is about $800-900 for one key
I almost peng san (actually heart attack)
isnt it really too expensive for a key when you think about it you can buy a net book for $500-600 with cash to spare
how much electronics is there in the key
daylight robbery

any lobang for replacement key, thanks

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:11 PM

Lamemonster
  • Lamemonster
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hello ....

what car model and key type u have ?

Tat price is consider normal for a key with factory buit in security features.

Give me the details maybe i can help.

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:23 PM

BoneStock
  • BoneStock
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

One of my car remote control key got chewed up by my 3 chinchillas early in the morning when we forgottern to close their cage
went down to vivocity, basement key kiosk, philipino lady told me the cost is about $800-900 for one key
isnt it really too expensive for a key when you think about it you can buy a net book for $500-600 with cash to spare
daylight robbery

http://www.mycarforu...p...t&p=3002113

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:23 PM

Kopitam
  • Kopitam
    Banned

thank you very much bros

but cant believe the price for a replacement key

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:41 AM

Ethene
  • Premium member
    Ethene
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Bro I've tried N**ton and suggest you to try elsewhere.
Made 2 remotes from there. Lots of problems..

1. Drop one time only sensor frequency out of tune cannot work
2. Never use for a few weeks then suddenly cannot work
3. I live on 11th floor can unlock from the distance at first. but now, sometimes can work sometimes cannot.
4. Now about 4 cars distance away, sometimes can work sometimes cannot. getting worse....

Rather disappointed... shakehead.gif

Posted 04 July 2010 - 06:04 PM

Newsparkling
  • Newsparkling
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

log on to www.newsparkling.com.sg/Auto.htm . contact them for more info

Posted 04 July 2010 - 06:20 PM

Whisper_2000
  • Whisper_2000
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

daylight robbery

This company will solve your problem. Last time when i went there, they got every brands like audi, merc, bmw, lexus. toyota, honda & most makes you can name.

http://www.soxxi.com/

Posted 04 July 2010 - 06:35 PM

Milo
  • Milo
    4th Gear
    Author Image

my mercedes key is spoilt too. how much to repair huh?

Posted 04 July 2010 - 07:55 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    6th Gear
    Author Image

my chevy key will cost abt $300 to duplicate (with remote and immobilizer chip).

so i was thinking if one day i lose or damage my keys, i will take out the immobilizer and change a new alarm and lock system instead.

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:19 PM

• Premium member
    6th Gear
    Author Image

True. It' expensive.
The locksmith knew that we'll need the RC.
it is called transponder.
There are so many things it control: Door access, alarm, immobiliser, engine start some models for doors & trunk open/close.
No transponder = No access to car/ cannot operate car.
There is also one at Toh Guan and Marina Square ( Infront of Hand-fix DIY Mart)
But I think the price is around there.
May I ask if its a continental model.
I asked before and was quoted $300 for my Toyota.

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:27 PM

Miafarik
  • Miafarik
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

The number of points accumulated from users who Praise or Disliked your posts.

I have a problem with my key remote. Changed battery but not light on it and cannot unlock door and start engine. Called a company specialize in such matters and. Was quoted $900.
I paid his transport fee, took his name card but did not take up his service. I'm using a 2007 Toyota Estima.
Is it worth it?

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:10 PM

JingYun
  • JingYun
    1st Gear
    Author Image

my chevy key will cost abt $300 to duplicate (with remote and immobilizer chip).

so i was thinking if one day i lose or damage my keys, i will take out the immobilizer and change a new alarm and lock system instead.

tis is the most practical way...a new alarm & lock system cost only $120-$150...

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:32 PM

Ikennyg
  • Premium member
    Ikennyg
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Try the shop at turf city next to giant. I remember my friends told me he duplicate his immobilizer key there for $200. There are another shop at the car mart next to the car re-po zone office. Since most of the car dealers duplicate their key for the auction car it should be cheaper as compare to other place.

Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:55 PM

Atec1267
  • Atec1267
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Most of the new model car, the remote is pretty expensive and cannot be duplicated outside, so if you lose it, please don't waste time outside, you might end up spending few hundred to get something that is not working fine, i duplicate my merc car key in one the mention kiosh, it don't even work. In the end paid 650 in C&C to duplicate it,.

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:04 AM

Fuelsaver
  • Premium member
    Fuelsaver
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Most of the new model car, the remote is pretty expensive and cannot be duplicated outside, so if you lose it, please don't waste time outside, you might end up spending few hundred to get something that is not working fine, i duplicate my merc car key in one the mention kiosh, it don't even work. In the end paid 650 in C&C to duplicate it,.

true but still alota ppl concerned abt cost. anyway, chk w soxxx b4 for stock jap car key w immob cost around same as agent of 300++
FS

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:17 AM

Wolfy3769
  • Wolfy3769
    4th Gear
    Author Image

if the price outside is same as agent.. i rather go back to agent...at least will be sure the key will work everytime...

also i think some of the key might had frequency hopping and code scrambler.. so it could explain why it work in the beginning.. then it stop working..
so better take care of the remote and get them replace agent.

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:41 AM

Luckcent
  • Premium member
    Luckcent
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I lost my rc key due to theft and I changed the complete ignition lock system at only $ 800 plus
2 spare keys from the AD.
==================================================

Failure is not defeat unless you stop trying

==================================================

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:13 PM

Pw7783
  • Pw7783
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi there,

sorry to jump in but after searching for the last hour or so, I am right back where I started - which is still blur and helpless.

Quick question is : Do you know how to reprogram a Silicon brand car remote control? This is a very common after market alarm system given "free" by many car sales folks when you buy a car. My car is now about 3 years old.

When I put in the key and the car is switched to ON position (engine off), the remote works perfectly fine. Once the key is out, is another story. I can lock easily but cannot unlock.

Exactly the same problem happens using either remote (one primary and one spare) - which means cannot be coincidence or both damaged remotes.

I once saw a mechanic program a new remote to a car and it involved a number of quick steps like switch on (not engine on), push buttons, switch off, switch on - etc.

I've tried many combinations of actions (pressing 2 or more buttons, etc) based on what I can remember but nothing seems to work.

Have resorted to using car key for now. FYI - both remotes now have new batteries (that was first factor to eliminate - but someone told me that I might have messed up the frequency of the remote by changing the battery myself...).

It may be the alarm system but I doubt it as it seems to respond very well (when the car switch is ON, that is...). unsure.gif wacko.gif

Appreciate your help in anyway possible. Thanks a million!!!!

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:45 PM

Cyberet
  • Cyberet
    5th Gear
    Author Image

if i remember correctly, u need to turn the ignition on off a few times.
then the alarm light wil be blinking, thats the time u press the two remotes to let the system learn.

forgotten the detailed steps as i don't use that system anymore

Edited by Cyberet, 13 June 2011 - 05:46 PM.

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:00 PM

Limbeeeng
  • Limbeeeng
    Banned

Always go to the original deler don't go those 3 party one. Money like this must be spend. You Get those cheap ones sure regret one. From my past history

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users