VX engine oil in Carrefour

Weesern

Was at Suntec Carrefour and they have promotion on this engine oil....

Anyone heard of this before?? on the label it says made in Singapore

↡ Advertisement

Just wondering if its under SPC....

Not necessary, cause there are other local companies that does engine oil as well. They OEM for other brands etc. I been to Tuas before and saw barrels of Mobil and Shell engine oil. They are not Helix Ultra or Mobil 1 just base stocks. I think the company will add in the additives and then package the oil for other brands.

http://www.texaslub.com/home.htm

This is another local company. I tried their titanium engine oil before. Very good. Beats all other brands. My engine is much quieter, revs better. But its $70 for 1L......

Try once never use again.

$70 bucks per litre for a low rent unknown local singapore company with no r and d budget, not to mention i doubt they can even afford to have high tech equipment and high calibre staff to come up with first class formulations.

i think this is rubbish. mobil1 is way better at a fraction of the price. or i pay for the high end mobil 1 they use for porsches same price

$70 bucks per litre for a low rent unknown local singapore company with no r and d budget, not to mention i doubt they can even afford to have high tech equipment and high calibre staff to come up with first class formulations.

i think this is rubbish. mobil1 is way better at a fraction of the price. or i pay for the high end mobil 1 they use for porsches same price

You actually don't need R&D for EO these days. You just need to but the additives. Eg. Lubrizol is one company making additives for petrol and EOs.

http://www.roar.com.sg/aboutus.php

This is another local company. SUPER EXPENSIVE engine oil but used by those exotic cars.

Neutral Newbie

cannot find much info on API: sm/cf to compare with acea....

something to share... wonder if this is accurate?

Since no information on the year for A3/B3, i just take the 2008 A3/B3 to compare with the SM grade.

post-13623-1264231751_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mercuri

Depending on usage, for me I'll look at ACEA A5 + ILSAC GF4 + reasonably price, that should be more than sufficient for my car usage.

ACEA A3 are for higher performance engine or turbo charged engine. Its usually thicker viscosity oil and/or oil which having >3.5 HTHS value. A3 is not energy conservating, do not have the API starburst logo.