VX engine oil in Carrefour

Weesern

================

OK I dont mind switching to 30 weight.

U want me to check the price of the pail? But we still need 1 more kaki at least. 2 more wil b better. [nod]

I am sure there are other kakis who uses these oils...

↡ Advertisement

I am sure there are other kakis who uses these oils...

=================

OK lets see if any other kaki here want to share also.

Is it urgent for u? For me, I can wait cos I still got abt 6lit of CL for my next service in a couple of months time.

Actually based on the fluctuating crude oil prices and how pump prices are so volatile nowadays with an upward trend, it baffles me that engine oil prices have been relatively stable for the past 5 years. In fact, 50 bucks for Shell Helix Ultra was probably unthinkable 5 years ago or even 22 bucks for synthetic oil.

It just confirms the suspicion that oil companies are profiteering at the pumps.

===============

Can meh? [confused]

I tot API wil only rate the oil if it is "certified" by them? [:|]

The company do their own test and make sure the oil meets the API standard.

Sending to API for certification and another thing all together....

We dun need a cert in typing to use computer... [cool]

The company do their own test and make sure the oil meets the API standard.

Sending to API for certification and another thing all together....

We dun need a cert in typing to use computer... [cool]

===========

Then its no use. Anybody can say they meet this or that standard but do they really?

Just like saying I took an exam prepared by myself that is "equivelent" to the GCE 'A' levels & scored 8 distinctions. Who wil recognise this kind of cert? [hur]

Actually based on the fluctuating crude oil prices and how pump prices are so volatile nowadays with an upward trend, it baffles me that engine oil prices have been relatively stable for the past 5 years. In fact, 50 bucks for Shell Helix Ultra was probably unthinkable 5 years ago or even 22 bucks for synthetic oil.

It just confirms the suspicion that oil companies are profiteering at the pumps.

================

Its common knowledge already, but what can we do?

Well I for one pump in JB to avoid being screwed by the cartel. :D

It is not an issue when, all these years I have been using RP oil. As long as have kakis to share I am for it.

===============

Have u bought from Pacific Petroleum b4? At Penjuru.

Neutral Newbie

c_____e w30 promo was just over. Giant sold at $38.99 for 5-litre bottle. I've waited very long for this to happen :D

Recently, till CNY eve, ntuc x-tra was offering 1-litre bottle and buy 4 get 1 free. Good price!

Now no more promo already [blush] .....only 5w40 5L free oil treatment got promotion

is ACEA A5 higher grade than A3??

For the ACEA Y2008, they are very similiar to each other.

Ref: http://www.acea.be/images/uploads/files/20...ences_Final.pdf

Notable difference is:

Item 1.3, A3 HTHS to be more than 3.5 mPa.s where as A5 is between 2.9 to 3.5mPa.s. This should indicate A3 is stronger in resistance to shearing, thinning down.

Item 2.7 Wear and 2.8 Piston cleaniness, seems like A5/B5 criteria is more stringent than A3/B3.

Cannot say A5 is higher than A3, its just that the oil are for different purposes. Most continental car and/or turbo-charged engine requires A3 for better protection, bread n butter Jap and Kor cars can use A5 for better fuel economy.

Now no more promo already [blush] .....only 5w40 5L free oil treatment got promotion

Yeah...And Carrefour is selling at less than S$30 bucks.

↡ Advertisement