Buying A Kangoo Renault

Renegade777

Hi Bros & Sisters,

I am thinking of buying a secondhand 4 years old Kangoo. Need comments and help from bros and sisters who owned or previously owned such a model.

How much is the servicing ?

How much is the insurance ? More expensive then car insurance ?

How much road tax ?

Reliable or not ?

Any weakness ?

And everything good or bad about the car that you know of ?

Thanks and have a nice day.

[flowerface]

↡ Advertisement

it's a nice ride but supposedly one of the most problematic eurovan. i have personally heard first hand accounts of how unreliable this is. not just read from forums

i also used to drive a d65. got quite a few problems here and there, but nothing like the horror stories pple told me. in the end my dad decided to scrap the van.

i'll recommend citroen berlingo instead. supposedly the least problematic of the eurovans. i personally drive a combo now.

If you don't go to the AD it is comparable to car servicing

Possibly, because NCB is capped at max 20%. Insurance around 1k plus for my combo. 15% NCB

How much road tax ?

400+ a year

Reliable or not ?

Depends on the model. Newer gen appears to be better (anecdotal evidence only)

Any weakness ?

Not the most powerful eurovan and not the most reliable choice. Sound proofing can be improved.

Yearly inspection which is more expensive due to emission test. Legally restricted to driving at 70km/h or less. Also note that eurovans sometimes suffer pretty badly depreciation wise as they have no Parf value

Edited by TandemAssassin

it's a nice ride but supposedly one of the most problematic eurovan. i have personally heard first hand accounts of how unreliable this is. not just read from forums

i also used to drive a d65. got quite a few problems here and there, but nothing like the horror stories pple told me. in the end my dad decided to scrap the van.

i'll recommend citroen berlingo instead. supposedly the least problematic of the eurovans. i personally drive a combo now.

cant agree more. it may look cheap but pay peanuts get monkey. whats more the problem of kangoo is quite serious at times. cheers.

Hi Bros & Sisters,

I am thinking of buying a secondhand 4 years old Kangoo. Need comments and help from bros and sisters who owned or previously owned such a model.

How much road tax ?

Reliable or not ?

Any weakness ?

[flowerface]

i am no expert... but here are my thoughts... anyone pls feel free to correct me or flame me if you want... [laugh] by the way i hv driven a couple of vans... for work purpose... i have never owned one before... and probably never will...

First... i have a feeling TS is female... [:p]

2nd... the kangoo is not a car... i tink it should be a van... but seriously looks like both.... although the closest car/van clones would be the caddy and the combo... both caddy and combo are light turbo charged... but are not euro 4 engines...

for the combo... the black soot really sucks.... right after servicing its ok... but after a short while and the smoke gets too much again... so bad it really dirties the back of the van easily... i think its the nicest of the lot but... very dirty exhaust...

the caddy... out of production already.. ones left in Singapore either too bad condition or the good ones not for sale... haha... and the newer model is YUCKS ugly like hell and nowhere near the looks or shape of the earlier caddy.

i have driven the 1st generation Kangoos.... does not drive like a car in anyway... (the caddy and combo feels and drives like a car when without load...) the kangoo is not really powerful as well... but i feel that the kangoo is very tough... i drove into punggol trail many times to make out in the kangoo... and it was very solid even after i kinda thrashed it a little... so its really a tough baby... :D polution wise better than the combo but still bad... considering i own a petrol car...

actually to play safe just get a van thats euro 4 specs... WORLD of difference when compared with earlier engines....

i shall skip my experiences with a mitsubishi van, toyota lite-ace, suzuki mini van, hyundai van (worse of the lot) as these are all full fledge rectangular vans.... althought i would like to add that the toyota was the best... [:)]

finally i drove a citroen berlingo latest model actually its 2006 model facelifted in 2009... not the smaller 2005 one... euro 4 engine... pretty quiet... NO black soot unless i floor till max... spacious... steady drive... does feel like a car... but does not look anything like a car... actually i think its kinda ugly... but very shiok o drive... after the turbo lag the van flys forward very nicely...

this is about all my van experiences... including some class 3 lorries and class 4 once or twice drove for fun...

some reasons why i will never buy a van... though i do feel its fun to drive at times...

*cant go in JB..to apply pass like 1k a year?

*if i'm in a rush.. i cant go on the 1st lane on expressways...

*ard 70km/h and my ears hurt... peep peep peep peep peep peep peep peep....

*i love to speed so its extra dangerous with a van... not that a car is safe but safer than a van...

*used to be much cheaper than a car but now not much difference from a car in terms of $....

some reasons why i would love a van... but still wont own one...

*i love the sofa behind... shiok for naps and making out...

*so much space for setting up a wonderful sound system...

*sometimes carpark full can park loading unloading bay and most of the time loading bay is free parking...

*cheaper to run than petrol...

*so much space to carry so many things... usually a trip to ikea and i can still handle it alone..

my useless thoughts...

best thing i like abt forums is that even when nobody want to hearwhat i have to say... i can just go on and on typing... wahahaha [laugh]

Edited by Ken4555

Hi Bros & Sisters,

How much road tax ?

Reliable or not ?

Any weakness ?

[flowerface]

if it's 06 kangoo, get the 1.5 turbo.

servicing should be around the same as a normal car..min set aside $200 for minor servicing and $400 for major svc.

insurance..should be min 1k for 0% ncd.

road tax. 1.5 should be not more than 500 per year.

reliable? see heng suay la. but kangoo last time(1.9 litre one dci model) quite problematic. 1.5 turbo should be ok.

weakness? max 70km/hr lor and the swd goes off..

btw, just to inform you that the top 3 best eurovan are the vw caddy, fiat doblo and opel combo.

and i used to drove a 07 1.9 fiat doblo. done 150(still can push further) at local expressway and the steering is still stable.

that's the plus point for eurovan i suppose.stable at high speed but not cornering lah.

04 kangoo, 1.9 DCI = Problematic

servicing min set aside $200 and up to $2000 for major svc.

insurance = 700+ after 10% NCB

road tax = not more than 700 per year.

reliable? kangoo 1.9 litre one dci model quite problematic, I think i suay bah

weakness? max 70km/hr lor and the swd goes off.. Low power, heavy steering, definitely hard to find me speeding in my kangoo

for the combo... the black soot really sucks.... right after servicing its ok... but after a short while and the smoke gets too much again... so bad it really dirties the back of the van easily... i think its the nicest of the lot but... very dirty exhaust...

black smoke is not an issue for my combo. something simple can definitely be done to solve the problem. just make sure you always rev hard when moving off. this is because the combo has 2 catalytic converters. if you don't rev hard, then soot will get stuck on them over time. then on the occasion when you rev more, a smoke bomb is discharged. and new combos are all euro 4 compliant.

04 kangoo, 1.9 DCI = Problematic

servicing min set aside $200 and up to $2000 for major svc.

insurance = 700+ after 10% NCB

road tax = not more than 700 per year.

reliable? kangoo 1.9 litre one dci model quite problematic, I think i suay bah

weakness? max 70km/hr lor and the swd goes off.. Low power, heavy steering, definitely hard to find me speeding in my kangoo

believe me the heavy steering is a good thing.. if its too light for a van very dangerous.... unless you always drive at 40km/h...

Neutral Newbie

URGENT!

Any workshop to recommend (NTUC insurance - sigh) for citroen berlingo? Kena sandwich between Lancer and Peugeot 307. Likely that engine have problem - got smell and smoke. Tomorrow going IDAC [:(]

Neutral Newbie

i am no expert... but here are my thoughts... anyone pls feel free to correct me or flame me if you want... [laugh] by the way i hv driven a couple of vans... for work purpose... i have never owned one before... and probably never will...

First... i have a feeling TS is female... [:p]

2nd... the kangoo is not a car... i tink it should be a van... but seriously looks like both.... although the closest car/van clones would be the caddy and the combo... both caddy and combo are light turbo charged... but are not euro 4 engines...

the caddy... out of production already.. ones left in Singapore either too bad condition or the good ones not for sale... haha... and the newer model is YUCKS ugly like hell and nowhere near the looks or shape of the earlier caddy.

i have driven the 1st generation Kangoos.... does not drive like a car in anyway... (the caddy and combo feels and drives like a car when without load...) the kangoo is not really powerful as well... but i feel that the kangoo is very tough... i drove into punggol trail many times to make out in the kangoo... and it was very solid even after i kinda thrashed it a little... so its really a tough baby... :D polution wise better than the combo but still bad... considering i own a petrol car...

actually to play safe just get a van thats euro 4 specs... WORLD of difference when compared with earlier engines....

i shall skip my experiences with a mitsubishi van, toyota lite-ace, suzuki mini van, hyundai van (worse of the lot) as these are all full fledge rectangular vans.... althought i would like to add that the toyota was the best... [:)]

finally i drove a citroen berlingo latest model actually its 2006 model facelifted in 2009... not the smaller 2005 one... euro 4 engine... pretty quiet... NO black soot unless i floor till max... spacious... steady drive... does feel like a car... but does not look anything like a car... actually i think its kinda ugly... but very shiok o drive... after the turbo lag the van flys forward very nicely...

this is about all my van experiences... including some class 3 lorries and class 4 once or twice drove for fun...

some reasons why i will never buy a van... though i do feel its fun to drive at times...

*cant go in JB..to apply pass like 1k a year?

*if i'm in a rush.. i cant go on the 1st lane on expressways...

*ard 70km/h and my ears hurt... peep peep peep peep peep peep peep peep....

*i love to speed so its extra dangerous with a van... not that a car is safe but safer than a van...

*used to be much cheaper than a car but now not much difference from a car in terms of $....

some reasons why i would love a van... but still wont own one...

*i love the sofa behind... shiok for naps and making out...

*so much space for setting up a wonderful sound system...

*sometimes carpark full can park loading unloading bay and most of the time loading bay is free parking...

*cheaper to run than petrol...

*so much space to carry so many things... usually a trip to ikea and i can still handle it alone..

my useless thoughts...

best thing i like abt forums is that even when nobody want to hearwhat i have to say... i can just go on and on typing... wahahaha [laugh]

Hi ken or anyone who can advise,

Jus wondering if to put ladder, which is more suitable euro van? kangoo, combo, etc (the similar type) How many steps of ladder have

anyone tried at the limit? Thinking of getting one for it affordable price but worry about repair cost (really worry as i had heard so much bad about it).

As for the 1.8m height limit in some car park, can we do lower sport suspension to clear thru the 1.8m height?

Thanks in advance for any kind reply. [gossip]

Hi ken or anyone who can advise,

Jus wondering if to put ladder, which is more suitable euro van? kangoo, combo, etc (the similar type) How many steps of ladder have

anyone tried at the limit? Thinking of getting one for it affordable price but worry about repair cost (really worry as i had heard so much bad about it).

As for the 1.8m height limit in some car park, can we do lower sport suspension to clear thru the 1.8m height?

Thanks in advance for any kind reply. [gossip]

sorry.. but this is not a kind reply... ladder? BO LIAO....

wanna climb on top to make out is it? haha....

as for ur height issue... even if you make it throught the entrance... the carpark might not be designed for that height and you risk accident inside the carpark... example of such carpark... in Bukit panjang area... you drive in with a mini van... scrap roof abit... you still go in... will get stuck between ceiling and ground when you try to go 2nd floor... [shakehead]

One of my contractor has a Kangoo. On one of those leisure talk, I ask him how is the Kangoo.

His first response was DON'T BUY. It gives him a lot of problem.

Timing belt breaks at around 50k and costs him a bomb to repair.

Plus some other problems which I can't remember.

↡ Advertisement