Would you spend $3,400 on a vacuum cleaner?

Starry

Guys...salesman try to sell this Rainbow vacuum cleaner for $3,400. Promise to pick up dirt like nothing before from any surface and cleans your air better than any air purifier out there.

Take a look : http://www.rainbowsystem.com/rainbowsystem/main/?lg=english

I personally think it's ridiculous to pay $3.4k for a vacuum cleaner but what do you think? Would you pay for one?

↡ Advertisement

hmm..my elder sister is one such big carrot [knife] ...spend even more something like 4k+ on a wet type VC...cant remember the brand thou...now sitting in the storeroom collect dust also... [shakehead]

She also spend about 9k plus to buy 2 mountain bikes for her and her hubby, with other accessories total about 10k. Now also hanging on the wall, seldom go out biking too...haiz... [:|]

Neutral Newbie

My gf lor...have 3 kiddos...always hav respiratory problems...bot tis rainbow VC...I felt she was cheated cos aft tat, her kids still fall sick...she paid like 12 mths instalment for it...

Had a fren came my house to demo when I was preggie....then nex few days had rashes on me...omg...nid go for injection...dr said the VC mus hav agitate those bugs underneath...no touch them, boh tai chi...disturb them, they cum bite me..

Guys...salesman try to sell this Rainbow vacuum cleaner for $3,400. Promise to pick up dirt like nothing before from any surface and cleans your air better than any air purifier out there.

I personally think it's ridiculous to pay $3.4k for a vacuum cleaner but what do you think? Would you pay for one?

$3400 is way too expensive, why would people want to pay so much for a vacuum cleaner? No wonder MIW thought all Singaporean so rich, don't tax you also cannot.

Agree with you. Rainbow Vacuum Cleaner is expensive. The good one is the unit which suck up the bed bugs from the bed matress and sofa.

One of my friend likes to ask their salesman to demo his place. His intention is to get free cleaning and not interested to get it. After 2 demos, they avoid him .

I bought electrolux vacuum cleaner for 1.7k

my maid using it every alternate days. I'm very happy with it

I think ppl dun look into the root of the dust problem in their house. I read those baby/mother forum and it's obvious the root of the "dust" problem is actually microfibers from their mattress/pillow/quilt/carpet/sofa.....but....they choose to keep all these things and instead spend a few k on a vacuum cleaner to constantly clean up the microfibers that these products create.

And the funny thing is they feel so happy that they have found such an expensive solution and say they enjoy doing housework. LOL... some ppl are really...I'm in a dilemma, which word best describe these ppl?

I would not. For that amount of money, I can get a reasonably good sofa set.

I bought electrolux vacuum cleaner for 1.7k

my maid using it every alternate days. I'm very happy with it

Can share which model is your electrolux?

Almost bot the Delphin one after the home demo yesterday, also 3.4K [knife], lucky saw this thread

(edited)

Thanks for all the replies guys....

I personally think it was crazy too at that price but prefer to ask around what other people think incase I am the one who is abnormal.

From my viewpoint, it's not the affordability issue. I think anyone can fork out 3.4k for something.....but for a vacuum cleaner???

I wouldn't pay that price for a VC even if it can wash my laundry and clean my plates.

Keep your feedback rolling guys....appreciate it.

Edited by Starry

Actually the demo made it look as if i was living in filth all these years. But heck, after living in "filth" for so long i'm alive and reasonably healthy, treat it as a free cleaning up session. 3k+ for a VC, siao boh?

A sucker is born every minute. [:p]

haha... Rainbow ah.. my parents kenna carroted to buy this VC.. but i think it's been more than 10 years already.. still working fine, but extremely loud.. buay tahan.. and it's a heavy b1tch as well..

I dun think i would even spend $340 on a vacuum cleaner..

Dun even think abou $3400

They always tried to sell this vacuum cleaner to potential customer in installment, that way it do not feels so expensive.

I was approach once but when the salesman tell me it cost $3000+, I was shock and my brain immediately like "Shut down" and everything else cannot go in anymore, hahaha, lucky me.

For me I prefer to use a very handy vacuum cleaner that is small and light to drag around the house.

↡ Advertisement