Would you spend $3,400 on a vacuum cleaner?

Starry

In fact, if you deliigently vacuum your house.. simi cleaner also good. I'm serious. It is tge workman.. not the tool.. even sweeping with broom can also make your house clean. Just remember to mop/wipe. Song song gao jurong.

Take the money.. buy a cheaper one... take the rest buy many beer and relax after clean up. Especially after a shower.

Definitely agree [sly]:XD:
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Rainbow, Delphin, Lura all same same!! Sibeh expensive vacuum cleaners and totally not worth it imo. Can just get Karcher and it will do the job equal if not better than those 3 mentioned.

I use it for DIY Air-con cleaning too.

Only problem is damn loud.

One bro recommend Borsh brand on Air-con cleaning thread which is quieter. But haven't decided to change yet.

In fact, if you deliigently vacuum your house.. simi cleaner also good. I'm serious. It is tge workman.. not the tool.. even sweeping with broom can also make your house clean. Just remember to mop/wipe. Song song gao jurong.

Take the money.. buy a cheaper one... take the rest buy many beer and relax after clean up. Especially after a shower.

Very true.

I use an American brand super mop, green colour one.

Have the best tool if never use also collect dust.

• Praise 3

hi guys,

my 5 year old Karcher VC6100 is finally dying on me...whats the current dry VC ?

also anyone using wet n dry ? any comments ?

thanks

I just bought the bosch 11-21 wet/dry to replace my karcher which i'm passing to my parents for them to service their aircon drain pipe.

• Praise 1

Can any famous chef survive using a blunt knife?

My Delphin is with me since Jan 2009. $3000 for it is definitely worth the money.

• Praise 1

My Delphin is with me since Jan 2009. $3000 for it is definitely worth the money.

I am unable to comment if $3k is worth the money, useful or not  because i do no own one. But let me put things into a different perspective. Assuming a $3k  vacuum cleaner is effective, does the job as described and the user is happy and enjoy using it, then i would say it worth the value.  Why? because many of us MCFers here spend at least $1k per month to write off our car(for depreciation). one year easily write off $12k, that is 4 units of Delphin or rainbow per year, did we ask ourselves is that money spent worth it?  And that vacuum cleaner is likely to last for a couple of years after one time $3k spend. But car depreciation is a continual write off. think about it.  

• Praise 1

I understand your analogy.

Actually any famous chef likely can survive with blunt knife given their experience, some dishes Jamie Oliver cook also no need use knife, he use his hands a lot.

But it's new chef who will struggle with blunt knife.

Simply said,"Good equipment just makes work easier, Great equipment makes life better."

• Praise 1

When I was much younger, I started buying the most expensive Philips vacuum cleaner I can afford to buy.

It was a whopping $400.

As I get older, my buying of vacuum cleaner gets cheaper.

It's now down to $100+

It still gets the same job done.

• Praise 5

Relec, I never meant your 3k VC no good. My 150 to 300 also serve me well for more than 5 years. Prob that makes me a better chef because I use a blunt knife.

• Praise 1

Relec, I never meant your 3k VC no good. My 150 to 300 also serve me well for more than 5 years. Prob that makes me a better chef because I use a blunt knife.

Also depend onusage. My Bosch cost me 300plus. Still serving me well with thrice seeking 1hrs usage. Yes I do housework
  • Praise 1

Alamak!! I have been thru' so many vacuum cleaners since the 80's , first with Electrolux (my parents bought them - kenna ketuk [:|] ) , then 90's with Vax then 2000's Rainbow ( I kenna ketuk n psycho  [bigcry] )

after that swear never to use them as so complicated - settled for some LG one and working just fine

Now using Electrolux cordless one , cost me about $220/- as wires are becoming a nuisanse 

• Praise 1

Conventional VC + Water... die fast.. haha..  best case is smelly filters and bag.

Lucky my house not much furniture. Wire still not so bad. But I agree..  wire tripping onto corners of wardrobes and furniture is damn irritating.

Wire tripping not so bad, my LG one want to wind the wires back after use ..... always the wire will be not retract back fully.... like sticking/ dangling  out about 1 metre .... must be the springs inside gone berserk    

• Praise 1