Would you spend $3,400 on a vacuum cleaner?

Starry

Just to share my experience with rainbow... My SIL bought 1 n intro us to d sales person... He came n do a demo... My son was new born at dat time n we tot good to have free cleaning.... Anyway, he came, he demo-ed and he employed scared tactics on us e.g. New born very venerable, too much dust will haf sensitive nose, etc, etc.... We still did not buy... We subscribe to the "dirty eat, dirty grow up" theory....

He oso took out his invoice and wanted to start writing, tell us can pay in instalments, but we were very insistent dat we not buying... He left the free cooking pot behind and left with a black face....

↡ Advertisement

actually the design of irobot is modular in construction. for any part that is malfunction, you can replace it yourself. one does not need to reply on agent. otherwise, refer to youtube for instruction. there is a parallel seller in singapore who is charging a fraction of what the agent is charging.

But w/o sending back to service ctr to check, how we know what is malfunctioning?

Heard about the new samsung "irobot".... How is it better then roomba? May consider changing to this if my battery problem cannot be solved or when my extended warranty expires.....

i think samsung uses camera to aid in the navigation. i have no issue with samsung just that irobot has too many good reviews. too good to try others. according to the website, irobot was designed by a team of NASA scientists. true or not, i dun know. but putting robots into space have been proven. Mars explorer: Opportunity and Spirit

I've sent my irobot back to the service centre twice... Both r battery related probs.... My unit abt 2-3 yrs old.... Heng dat time got buy extended warranty at courts... If not dunno how much I need to pay.... Now my robot siow again.... Need to go back service cent again.... Sian....

Having said all these, I would buy an irobot again..... It's really nice to set it on to clean when I leave home in the morning and come back to clean floors at night.... wonderful feeling...

what happen to the battery? is yours a 240v or 120v? from the manual, it is stated that once a while, it is advisable to to deplete the battery and charge the robot directly (without using the docking station) for up to 18 hours.

what happen to the battery? is yours a 240v or 120v? from the manual, it is stated that once a while, it is advisable to to deplete the battery and charge the robot directly (without using the docking station) for up to 18 hours.

I think it's 240v... Sometimes we will let it vacuum a bedroom n close the door so dat it cannot go back to d docking station.... It will be left there overnight.... Next day we will bring it back to the docking station to get it charged...

I think it's 240v... Sometimes we will let it vacuum a bedroom n close the door so dat it cannot go back to d docking station.... It will be left there overnight.... Next day we will bring it back to the docking station to get it charged...

k, but what is the issue?

k, but what is the issue?

Sorry, exceeded my max 5 posts per hr limit just now... New member got restrictions on posting until I achieve 25 postings.....

The irobot cannot get charged when we leave it at the docking station..... So we deduce it's due to battery prob.....

It is ok with me. I know as I'm allergic to dust mites and my problem was reduced dramatically once I start cleaning the bed plus purifying the air.

personally i have both vc type air purifiers and actual air cleaners.

vc is pretty useless.

What i use is the Honeywell type with HEPA 99.9999&

It's not wet enough to leave marks on my marble floor. If it is too wet, means there's a problem with the machine.

how is the Scooba? i heard its quite wet. Im using a Samsung Navibot now. Much better than Roomba

Heard about the new samsung "irobot".... How is it better then roomba? May consider changing to this if my battery problem cannot be solved or when my extended warranty expires.....

much better.

got camera on top so it can go back home easily. not like roomba anyhow bang here bang there. only issue is if dark then it'll get lost

It's not wet enough to leave marks on my marble floor. If it is too wet, means there's a problem with the machine.

but scooba buay hiao automatically dock right? i go see the showroom one abit damp leh. so is it clean?

just bought the delphin vc, like Chrispie mentioned, definitely better than those vc bag and broom

I guess only when one does their own household chores then they will appreciate it

just bought the delphin vc, like Chrispie mentioned, definitely better than those vc bag and broom

I guess only when one does their own household chores then they will appreciate it

delphin came my house demo...but i found their VC look like very old fashioned lao tu and no good leh. Nowadays only rely on robot vacuum cleaners. Just run all the time

It doesn't dock for the reason that you need to change water . Not a big problem imho .

It depends from people to people , for me , its not too wet .

Definitely its clean , even my mom likes it , just a bit slow in cleaning.

but scooba buay hiao automatically dock right? i go see the showroom one abit damp leh. so is it clean?

delphin came my house demo...but i found their VC look like very old fashioned lao tu and no good leh. Nowadays only rely on robot vacuum cleaners. Just run all the time

think their main selling point is the bed cleaning tech...i have allergies so its very useful for me :)

↡ Advertisement