Xusadnoh

Which would you choose.........  

210 members have voted

1. 1. if given a choice..........

• C180
    • 320i
    • A4

A4 3.2 quattro is hardly the RS4.

anyway there is no B8 RS4, but the previous one (B7) was a NA 4.2L V8 FSI (fuel stratified injection) producing over 400bhp..

Paiseh, thought there was - maybe it should be S4 - you can tell I am not an Audi fan boy :p

Anyway, I think it's not fair to compare the C230 to 325 - you should use the new C250 instead...heheh

↡ Advertisement

If you park the 3 cars together at Posh Hotel lobby front.

Which car exudes class ?

Merc C180

BMW320i

Audi A4

I think BMW still looks classier...

I thought the Merc was already perceived as the "classier" car compared to BMW and Audi?

Of course, even with the sportier looking C-Class, Merc cannot shake off its "Ah Pek" image :(

I thought the Merc was already perceived as the "classier" car compared to BMW and Audi?

Of course, even with the sportier looking C-Class, Merc cannot shake off its "Ah Pek" image :(

Sometimes an image, once stuck to someone/thing.... is difficult to shrug it off. What comes to your mind the first thing you see Edison Chen? See what i mean?

So, for brands like Skoda, Ford, Geely, Chery, Hyundai, etc.... to move up market... even though they might have the product with the quality to match the best,... they wont be able to command the same price bracket. Because of its brand image.

And its true, that the average age of Merc owners are 50, BMW is 40+, and Audi has the youngest owners profile (probably about 30-40). Hence, they have to design the cars to suit their clientele's profile. Otherwise they lose sales big time.

Neutral Newbie

Have a chance to see the 1st PI C250CGI during the meet-up on Sunday (31 Jan 2010) :)

You will be surprised to know that it cost less than S$150K(OMV: S$43K) [;)]

Have a chance to speak to a A4 2.0T Quattro owner too......many goodies inside the A4 :)

As for the 325i the handling is sweet :)

Really hard to choose between these 3 nice cars :)

Neutral Newbie

Have only test driven the C200 when it's first launched.

Have test driven the A4 1.8T last year. Not the Quattro.

Have only test driven the 330i.

So it's very hard to choose.

But just looks alone, I would go for a black A4 with S4 bodykit and rims. :wub:

Have a chance to see the 1st PI C250CGI during the meet-up on Sunday (31 Jan 2010) :)

You will be surprised to know that it cost less than S$150K(OMV: S$43K) [;)]

Have a chance to speak to a A4 2.0T Quattro owner too......many goodies inside the A4 :)

As for the 325i the handling is sweet :)

Really hard to choose between these 3 nice cars :)

Wah - that's damn cheap for the C250CGI :(

The PI C200 already going for around S$140k (of course it's pretty well decked out compared to C&C's)

Wah - that's damn cheap for the C250CGI :(

The PI C200 already going for around S$140k (of course it's pretty well decked out compared to C&C's)

Probably worth waiting for the C200CGI Blue Efficiency .... same 184bhp, but 270Nm .... 0-100 down to 8.2sec from 8.4sec. And its probably cheaper than C250 CGI

or

get the C180CGI BE ... 156bhp 250Nm ... but retuned it to 204bhp 310Nm (C250CGI spec) .... anyway all 180/200/250 are using the same 1.8T direct injection engine...

Neutral Newbie

For NA car forget about retune, the return per hp is really damn small.

As someone has pointed out new C180 is actually a 1.6L not 1.8L.

Nowaday car manufacturer really confusing consumer.

335i is 3.0L not 3.5L

323i is 2.5L not 2.3L

318 is 2.0L not 1.8L

C180 is 1.6L not 1.8L

C200 is 1.8L not 2.0L.......etc....

Like I say, if you want to retune, Turbo car is the best way to get more HP with less money spend :)

Edited by Bmwcar

The C 180be is using the 1.6 l engine and not the 1.8 l .

C180K BE is 1.6L SC. 156bhp/230Nm

C180CGI BE is 1.8 TC 156bhp / 250Nm

C200K is 1.8 SC 184bhp/250Nm

C200CGI BE is 1.8 TC 184 bhp / 270Nm

C250CGI BE is 1.8 TC 204 bhp / 310Nm

C200K is using older 1.8L non direct injection ... Supercharge

C180K BE is using older 1,8L downsize to 1.6L non direct injection ... supercharge

C180CGI BE, C200 CGI BE and C250 CGI BE .... are all using newer 1.8L direct injection engine (same as the new W212 E class) ... turbo charge and tune to 3 different power output.

Probably worth waiting for the C200CGI Blue Efficiency .... same 184bhp, but 270Nm .... 0-100 down to 8.2sec from 8.4sec. And its probably cheaper than C250 CGI

or

get the C180CGI BE ... 156bhp 250Nm ... but retuned it to 204bhp 310Nm (C250CGI spec) .... anyway all 180/200/250 are using the same 1.8T direct injection engine...

Already driving the C200K version liao - should have waited for the CGI version :(

Edited by Xtrocious

when did you buy your C200k?? i suppose since 2007??

if you waited till now, then why you buy C200k in the first place??

i thought C180BE is already using a 1.8TC 156bhp, BE is the first Mercedes to stop using supercharger, but uses turbocharger (TC)??

PI already selling C250CGI...they are really fast in bringing in new models...

when did you buy your C200k?? i suppose since 2007??

if you waited till now, then why you buy C200k in the first place??

i thought C180BE is already using a 1.8TC 156bhp, BE is the first Mercedes to stop using supercharger, but uses turbocharger (TC)??

PI already selling C250CGI...they are really fast in bringing in new models...

Took delivery in Oct last year but booked in Aug :(

Back then, thought the facelift would just be cosmetic - didn't expect them to change the engine mah...

Nope, C180BE is still supercharger but with a 1.6l engine...

Took delivery in Oct last year but booked in Aug :(

Back then, thought the facelift would just be cosmetic - didn't expect them to change the engine mah...

Nope, C180BE is still supercharger but with a 1.6l engine...

Look at it this way, the new 1.8 direct injection turbo charged engine is very new, and untested.... whereas the 1.8 SC you have now is almost 7 years old, gone thru several rounds of refinement and very reliable. ... and its quite a good one actually. Can never get the newest tech unless change car every 2 years.

Talking about it, the W204 C klasse is due for facelift end of this year (which i suspect is very minor, probably just newer bumpers, head lights with DRL and rear LEDs), ... probably release during Sept Frankfurt Motorshow or Nov Detroit Motorshow... there is no end to chasing the latest.

↡ Advertisement