C180 vs 320i vs A4

Xusadnoh

Which would you choose.........  

210 members have voted

1. 1. if given a choice..........

• C180
    • 320i
    • A4

I dunno my SE good anot. But i waited him for 30min with his previous customer. Other SE did not bother to help me out maybe because i walk to showrooms rather than drive. Overall experience not too good, but still very happy with the car.

Must say that you are a very patient guy...hahah

Also very tolerant [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

see lah..change to evo lah.....so they duwan a 'beng' to buty their car...already many cheapos buying their cars [laugh][laugh][lipsrsealed]

speaking of which, hand itchy with the Q5, but heart still tells me XC90 [confused][confused]

Hey, we also thought of the Q5 but after looking at the interior, we thought we were better off keeping the CX-7 than "upgrade"...hahah

Yes, unless I am a "fanboy", I think the overall experience counts when making a purchase...

PA for us simply failed to make the cut horribly and as rational consumers, we voted with our feet...

We do like the car but don't make it until like we owe her a living cos we don't

thats why i gave PA a chance 1st. went there 1st instead of MB. SE was ok but the deal sucks a--.

anyway, when u buy car, insurance for 1st yr is included 1 or nor?

Usually not as insurance is "variable" cost to them...

Depends on the driver's age and experience etc...some may be as high as S$5k woah

C&C gives 1 year free road tax plus radio license though...

Good for you - you were lucky to get a "good" PA SE...

The one we had was terrible - very boh chap and came with a blardy snob attitude...

We were initially keen on the A4 or the A5...

But after letting us test the A4, she just left it at that and won't even bother letting us try the A5...she just remarked that the drive is the same :wacko:

We voted with our feet and walked out...

The next weekend we went over to C&C by chance (just happens that it's before PML - our intended destination)...the SE who served us was so miles ahead - she allowed us to test three different models and took the time to explain everything...

And we signed on the spot...my friends thought she had struck the jackpot as very few walk-in customers sign on their first visit...hahah

IMHO,

Bro Xtrocious,

U berry not so lucky to get a "lousy SE" from PA.

Thanks to PA U got yourself the W204.

U probably know Unker has been driving Merc for the last 10 years from the W124 E Class,

W203 C Class & the FL W211 E Class Advantgarde. (had a W123 E Class long time ago too)

In the Merc forum, U will see a few people like BlackMerc who has swtiched camp from Bimmer 3er to C Class.

Bro NewC180 who has a 5er bought a W204 C 180 for a 2nd ride. There are more!

Last year after 10 yrs continously with Merc. I switched to a PI Audi Q5 -

Really nice looking car & fast - flashed ECU from 211 bhp 350 Nm Torque to 270 bhp 390Nm Torque.

Very roomy, nice interior with swee swee Panaromic Roof & keyless - something U will not get from C & C at this price.

After 3 months found that a SUV is still a SUV i.e not as stable as a sedan and a little "choppy" in the ride - off course it swallow up

road humps & mscp humps without problem.

Decided to switch back to a sedan.

Went to PA and see the ex C&C SE and he provided me excellent services even now with after sales services.

I remebered when I bought the W203 C Class from C & C.

The Mut$$F$5ker SE got the cheek to ask me for ang pow when taking delivery of my car and ask me to share

the lucky draw prize if I win in the draw. WTF? After car delivery never hear from him again.

I've chosen not the 1.8T Multitronic or 2.0T Multitronic aka CVT A4 sedan but I went for the A4 2.0T Quattro with 7 speed S-tronic aka DSG Gearbox

in S-Line which is akin to Advantgarde in Merc.

It ticked all the right boxes for me.

It came with 18" alloy rims with broad 245/40/18 Pirelli tires, dropped sport suspension, paddle shifts & S-Line Bodykit and trimmings.

On paper - stock without flashing ECU to Stage 1 - 211 bhp 350 Nm Torque 0-100 km/hr 6.5 sec is very pleasing performance.

The ADS - Audi Drive Select has 3 modes i.e Comfort, Auto & Dynamic

At the press of a button, it changes the steering, suspension & the ECU mapping charateristic

whereas the S or C button on the C Class basically I dun feel anything diff except the

C mode supposely changes gear earlier.

At stk with the ADS in Dynamic mode will be very useful for those who wanna chiong B Roads without putting more money on ARBs.

IMHO Merc is "protective" of their models when offering several models with the same engine and "purposely" detuned it for the lower end model.

It's not easy to improve engine perf. with an almost "untunable ECU" on the M271 engine and hopefully the new Turbo CGI engine is more tuning frenly.

Unker have tried smlc bigger C230 SC, piggy back Kleeman K-Box, Bigger fuel pump, pulley kit. Can add in Kleemann headers with Metallic Cat Con ,

Vaeth InterCooler.

At after the pre & after dyno results, I kicked myself for being silly spending so much money & time for chasing so little hp gain.

Compare to the W204 & Bimmer 3, the A4 has the longest wheelbase at 2.8m

Full leather seats while the C180 gets half leather & only C200 gets full leather.

The A4 is not "a small car" & with the Quattro, the stk car handles very well at bends & corners esp. with the Audi Drive Select in Dynamic Mode.

I know we are talking about an exe compact but for luxury, space & comfort I would still go for a E Class.

I am no anti Merc. but 1 day when I "learnt" how to appreciate the looks of the new W212 E Class, I might wanna go back again to a Merc.

I plan to drive this A4 probably for a year or 2 and may switch back to the Merc E250 CGI or the coming new model of the Audi A6.

Poor old man like me cannot affort bigger & sweeter engines from Bimmer.

IMHO

Audi A4 B8 has improved even on their CVT models as compared to the

older A4 B7.

Merc will be always a Merc & perceived as a better car with better resale value, built & realiability.

Latest LTA figures show Audi has overtook Bimmer in number of cars sold.

At this time the poll shows Audi A4 is leading.

When the new Merc C250 cgi and the new Bimmer 3er arrives, I guess it will be a better fight.

Edited by Kepiting1sg

IMHO,

Bro Xtrocious,

U probably know Unker has been driving Merc for the last 10 years from the W124 E Class,

W203 C Class & the FL W211 E Class Advantgarde. (had a W123 E Class long time ago too)

In the Merc forum, U will see a few people like BlackMerc who has swtiched camp from Bimmer 3er to C Class.

Really nice looking car & fast - flashed ECU from 211 bhp 350 Nm Torque to 270 bhp 390Nm Torque.

Very roomy, nice interior with swee swee Panaromic Roof & keyless - something U will not get from C & C at this price.

After 3 months found that a SUV is still a SUV i.e not as stable as a sedan and a little "choppy" in the ride - off course it swallow up

Went to PA and see the ex C&C SE and he provided me excellent services even now with after sales services.

The Mut$$F$5ker SE got the cheek to ask me for ang pow when taking delivery of my car and ask me to share

the lucky draw prize if I win in the draw. WTF? After car delivery never hear from him again.

I've chosen not the 1.8T Multitronic or 2.0T Multitronic aka CVT A4 sedan but I went for the A4 2.0T Quattro with 7 speed S-tronic aka DSG Gearbox

It came with 18" alloy rims with broad 245/40/18 Pirelli tires, dropped sport suspension, paddle shifts & S-Line Bodykit and trimmings.

On paper - stock without flashing ECU to Stage 1 - 211 bhp 350 Nm Torque 0-100 km/hr 6.5 sec is very pleasing performance.

At the press of a button, it changes the steering, suspension & the ECU mapping charateristic

whereas the S or C button on the C Class basically I dun feel anything diff except the

At stk with the ADS in Dynamic mode will be very useful for those who wanna chiong B Roads without putting more money on ARBs.

IMHO Merc is "protective" of their models when offering several models with the same engine and "purposely" detuned it for the lower end model.

It's not easy to improve engine perf. with an almost "untunable ECU" on the M271 engine and hopefully the new Turbo CGI engine is more tuning frenly.

Unker have tried smlc bigger C230 SC, piggy back Kleeman K-Box, Bigger fuel pump, pulley kit. Can add in Kleemann headers with Metallic Cat Con ,

Vaeth InterCooler.

At after the pre & after dyno results, I kicked myself for being silly spending so much money & time for chasing so little hp gain.

Full leather seats while the C180 gets half leather & only C200 gets full leather.

The A4 is not "a small car" & with the Quattro, the stk car handles very well at bends & corners esp. with the Audi Drive Select in Dynamic Mode.

I know we are talking about an exe compact but for luxury, space & comfort I would still go for a E Class.

I am no anti Merc. but 1 day when I "learnt" how to appreciate the looks of the new W212 E Class, I might wanna go back again to a Merc.

I plan to drive this A4 probably for a year or 2 and may switch back to the Merc E250 CGI or the coming new model of the Audi A6.

IMHO

older A4 B7.

Merc will be always a Merc & perceived as a better car with better resale value, built & realiability.

When the new Merc C250 cgi and the new Bimmer 3er arrives, I guess it will be a better fight.

Hello unker - of course I remember you - my rugby senior woah...hahah

Anyway, don't make me gian again leh...I want to stick with my W204 for at least 2 years [laugh]

I also switched from the blue&white propellor to the 3-star woah...just lucky C&C was situated before PML...that's why location location location is so important in property [:p]

To be honest, the A4 B8 2.0T also ticks all the right boxes for me but as you know lah, once you offend a woman (my CO), no need to say anymore...sigh

Maybe I will try my luck but with a PI this time...aiming the A5 coupe 2.0T [blush]

If cannot, I also like the E-coupe...my SE let me test the E350 but no shiok, don't think I can go back to driving NA cars...sigh

Neutral Newbie

IMHO,

Bro Xtrocious,

Vaeth InterCooler.

IMHO

older A4 B7.

Unker, u just make me drool all over......the Force is strong in this one. I oso want drive my C for another one or two year but after ur post....... [dizzy][dizzy][dizzy]

wahahahaha! Looks like all the Merc kakies now here including the new converts! :wub:

Honestly I very gian on the new E250 CGI Cabrio but U know working man lah!

The Bimmer 3er cabrio & Volvo C70 comparatively shorter wheel base as compared to the E250 cabrio or the A5 Cabrio.

If I bought the E250 Cabrio, my boz may be wandering if I am on the take even though if I have use my coffin money to enjoy the ride.....muahahaha!

Let's enjoy our rides be it Merc, Bimmer or Audi!

Huat arh!!!!!! :D

wahahahaha! Looks like all the Merc kakies now here including the new converts! :wub:

Honestly I very gian on the new E250 CGI Cabrio but U know working man lah!

The Bimmer 3er cabrio & Volvo C70 comparatively shorter wheel base as compared to the E250 cabrio or the A5 Cabrio.

If I bought the E250 Cabrio, my boz may be wandering if I am on the take even though if I have use my coffin money to enjoy the ride.....muahahaha!

Let's enjoy our rides be it Merc, Bimmer or Audi!

Huat arh!!!!!! :D

Please lah unker, the E250 Cabrio is not going to cost you an arm and a leg (unlike me - can only stand one corner and see)...hahah

It's not like you are driving a Maserati or Auston cabrio - then maybe your boss will suspect :D

:o

Please lah unker, the E250 Cabrio is not going to cost you an arm and a leg (unlike me - can only stand one corner and see)...hahah

It's not like you are driving a Maserati or Auston cabrio - then maybe your boss will suspect :D

If my boz drive a Maserati, Porsche, Aston Martin or some super duper car, then I got no problem driving a E250 cabrio.

Problem my boz is driving a 7 yrs old Pre FL W211 E240 and looks like the company not goin to change his car yet....hahaha!

U all young guys still got many good years of earning power.

Unker old man liao & if luck is on my side, left only a few good years to work before reaching so call retirement age.

Any money spent is my coffin money.....muhahahaha!

:o

If my boz drive a Maserati, Porsche, Aston Martin or some super duper car, then I got no problem driving a E250 cabrio.

Problem my boz is driving a 7 yrs old Pre FL W211 E240 and looks like the company not goin to change his car yet....hahaha!

U all young guys still got many good years of earning power.

Unker old man liao & if luck is on my side, left only a few good years to work before reaching so call retirement age.

Any money spent is my coffin money.....muhahahaha!

Then me lagi worse siah...

My boss is driving a 5-year old vios - I dare not park my car near hers...hahah

Then again, she got a few private properties - guess different strokes for different folks :D

Only the C280 (aka C300 now) and higher models come with the Enhanced Agility Package as standard, which upon pressing the 'Sport' button, changes the steering, suspension & the ECU mapping charateristics - similar to Audi's Drive Select.

The 'lesser' C-models, without the EAP, only drag the gears in 'Sport' mode.

I too switched from BMW to Merc. IMHO, Merc has caught up on build quality and driveability (vs their late-90s and early-2000 models ..... a low point in their history), whilst keeping to their reknowned ride quality.

Yup, we're probably of similar vintage.

Been through 'em all: Merc, Lexus, Audi, BMW, and now back to Merc again.

IMHO, from a sum-of-all-parts standpoint, they are untouchable, both real and perceived.

Yup, we're probably of similar vintage.

Been through 'em all: Merc, Lexus, Audi, BMW, and now back to Merc again.

IMHO, from a sum-of-all-parts standpoint, they are untouchable, both real and perceived.

Similar vintage....hahaha....I like it!

Like I said earlier, after another year or two probably back to a Merc again.

Still like the idea of a pre-loved S Class.

See this week 4D chye sheng yeh cums or not....muahaha!