Kia Sorento 2010

Pentux

Neutral Newbie

Most of us here who have booked the Sorento, would have taken the premium model, the Sorento SX. The SX model will be another 10K more than the EX model. With 10K more, if you divide by 10 (drive the car for 10 years), 1 year is only 1K each. With 10K more, you get 18" rim, rear air-con, twin sunroof, higher OMV, 6 airbags instead of 2, traction control (for safety, just like anti-skid in a Volvo), rear parking assist, HID Xenon lamp. REar LED lamp, roof rack, 8 speaker with central subwoofer and amplifier, electronic stability control, mtorized driver seats. Think all this, is worth more than the 10K additional.

↡ Advertisement

bad news...shipment delayed...shucks and my radiator just up lorry today. had to waste money replace it...

Most of us here who have booked the Sorento, would have taken the premium model, the Sorento SX. The SX model will be another 10K more than the EX model. With 10K more, if you divide by 10 (drive the car for 10 years), 1 year is only 1K each. With 10K more, you get 18" rim, rear air-con, twin sunroof, higher OMV, 6 airbags instead of 2, traction control (for safety, just like anti-skid in a Volvo), rear parking assist, HID Xenon lamp. REar LED lamp, roof rack, 8 speaker with central subwoofer and amplifier, electronic stability control, mtorized driver seats. Think all this, is worth more than the 10K additional.

I love the SX model also. Especially the tan leather. Make it look like S class. Then got moonroof, 18' rims and tyres. How much higher is the OMV ah?

true $1k/year but what are the chances of driving a car for 10 years?

Just to do a poll ah, what are the colours everyone order ah? There are so many colours to choose from!

Neutral Newbie

Yes, confirmed our cars are delayed. Called up mine and was told that the first batch will only arrive in April!!!! That is a bit too long a wait. Hopefully C&C will not delay it again....don't know why their cars are always late in deliveries.

Neutral Newbie

My wife and kids don't like the Tan leather seat. Scare dirty easily and difficult to maintain. I choose the Black leather seat (got further discount for this color) and my car color is Titanium Silver (same one as shown in Ubi showroom).

(edited)

wah april then come...if early april still ok, if late april abit sianz.

anyway i oso changed the tan leather to black as wife thinks it's ah pek looking..haha...i understand more class lah..but 1 thing is dirty stains easy to see loh. discount few hundred off if change to black. i got myself a black color car btw. was choosing between black or white. the normal color. actually got dark blue rite? it looks nice i tink frm the pic

anyway how come USA Sorento they put as 2011 Sorento..

Edited by Pentux

Oh

Actually Sorento is a very accidental choice coz i was comparing among the different SUVs like Captiva, Cx7, Outlander

It is the tan leather that attracts me coz it gives the luxury feel. Then somemore the handrest compartment super big, really like S class sia.

Then after driving sorento, i go test cx7, then i see how differnt it is. cx7 is black leather and the whole interior just make it feel cheap even though the price is higher than sorento

That's what won me over coz i think it is value for money

Btw, i think the grey one also not bad..haha

Neutral Newbie

So, you booked the Sorento also? Took a look at the CX7 gallery. Exterior very nice. But inside, so so only leh. No smartkey, no sunroof, no rear air-con. Only got 17" rim. And cost so much more than Sorento SX. Still think its more worthwhile to invest in Kia Sorento [laugh]

They said another 4K you got 3.5 V6 with only 1 mpg penalty :wub:

So, you booked the Sorento also? Took a look at the CX7 gallery. Exterior very nice. But inside, so so only leh. No smartkey, no sunroof, no rear air-con. Only got 17" rim. And cost so much more than Sorento SX. Still think its more worthwhile to invest in Kia Sorento [laugh]

Haha no leh..Very tempted to but resisted the temptation to coz

1. Delivery took so long so no point to commit to buying when i can't even get it immediately. so decided to wait and see a bit. Understand that the prices have moved from $80-90L to 90-100K..more sian now

2. I cannot even barely clock 10K annual mileage so cannot justify to pay for the car leh. i drive like 25K km in 3.5 years.

But i can say that once i see/try the sorento, i made up my mind immediately. prior to that used to like cx7 but no think it is so so only and too ex.

So now can only wait and monitor to see how lo...Haizzzz

Neutral Newbie

I am just comparing the 10K pricing, between EX & SX model, which are all around 2.4 litre range. 3.5 V6, I don't even dare to dream of [:p] FC and road tax can kill you, even with just additional 4K topping up [;)]

Now i can only dream of my new Sorento arrival, opening the sunroof and driving around, with my son's head popping out from the sunroof, screaming out loud [laugh] They are waiting to connect up their Iphone to the car, and blast out their MP3 song loudly inside the car <_<

I am just comparing the 10K pricing, between EX & SX model, which are all around 2.4 litre range. 3.5 V6, I don't even dare to dream of [:p] FC and road tax can kill you, even with just additional 4K topping up [;)]

Now i can only dream of my new Sorento arrival, opening the sunroof and driving around, with my son's head popping out from the sunroof, screaming out loud [laugh] They are waiting to connect up their Iphone to the car, and blast out their MP3 song loudly inside the car <_<

The road tax difference is quite minimum and the FC penalty is 1 mpg that barely noticeable.

Neutral Newbie

Road tax for Kia Sorento SX is $1634/year, while the 3.5 V6 engine should be $3164/year. Almost double. Don't think i would want to pay LTA for another $1500 plus just to have a 3.5 V6 engine. Very "Ai Wan" paying those kind of money :o

yeah road tax is expensive..big jump from my previous car..

anyway i tink i saw sorento on those delivery trunks this morning along BKE...he went towards AYE tat side...i cant confirm it is sorento as i need to concentrate driving. anyone else saw?

↡ Advertisement