Do you really enjoy buffet?

Carer

While buffet allows one to eat many variety of food, many buffets do not have food quality.

Even if got quality, also hard to appreciate since everyone is concentrating on looking wats next to eat and how much they can eat.

maybe im old. recently had a buffet with my family. man.. quality so so, some more pay so much, and i cant eat much.. im better off spending the same amount at some restaurant but at the same time being able to enjoy the food.

↡ Advertisement

While buffet allows one to eat many variety of food, many buffets do not have food quality.

Even if got quality, also hard to appreciate since everyone is concentrating on looking wats next to eat and how much they can eat.

maybe im old. recently had a buffet with my family. man.. quality so so, some more pay so much, and i cant eat much.. im better off spending the same amount at some restaurant but at the same time being able to enjoy the food.

not me, I am a small eater, hardly can finish 2nd round!

Turbocharged

not really, depends on where u go [rolleyes]

I hardly go for buffet unless it's with kakis that like going to one.

Don't really enjoy buffet because after the feast is over, I always feel so full and uncomfortable. [blush]

I guess I'm too greedy, temptation is there for me to eat as many as I can to make the money worth it. [grin]

able to eat alot when im young so buffets were enjoyable.

now cannot liao..hardly go for 1....even steamboat bbq also long time no go.

I agree that many places doesn't serve qualifty buffet for the price charged although some places still do. I feel has to be really selective when choosing a buffet place these days, otherwise will feel really shortchanged after eating..for example, last month I went to Triple 3 for their buffet and the quality and selection is much like a normal buffet spread at a 4star hotel even though they are charging like $70 per pax..Melt Cafe at Oriental Mandarin charges $68 and the quality is much much better..

Sgrean mentality when having buffet is "EAT AS MUCH AS YOU CAN ELSE BOH HUA!"

no matter how good is the good, end up stuffing your tummy with too much food and not enjoying it.

Now i always have the enjoy-good-food mindset and not eat-all-you can mindset when going for buffet.

:D

Me too...I usually only select the food I like and when I'm full, I stop. I dun eat until I'm overfull..

Yeah, this what I always try to tell my self at the beginning. But after all is said and done (eaten!) I'll be so full that I can hardly move! Especailly at those so-called international buffets at hotel coffee shops. Quality of food is not the greatest as well <_<

Still, I do enjoy those Japanese a-la-carte buffets that they have at 'Shima' and 'Hanabi' restaurants. Recently, the more affordable Sake Sushi has also started to offer this style of buffets at a very reasonable $27++ per adult for a Sushi & Teppanyaki buffet! You can also opt for having just the Sushi buffet at a lower cost, this comes with a bowl of udon, a plate of topshells, a choice of any 1 red plate and dessert, on top of ALL the sushi you can eat!! :D Was very full after the meal, but pleasantly so. Not bloated like the other types of buffet...

Lately the double happiness burger from macdonalds is not bad.

Two huge pieces of meat with pepper sauce + curly fries +Coke.

Very filling for just <$9.

Note: I find the curly fries a bit no worth the money. Due to the curls, there are many empty 'cylindrical' dead space that are not being filled up when the fries are scoped into the paper-carrier. The same packet size of long straight fries more worth is as its more compactly filled.

Turbocharged

normally..buffets i don't go for all the food..i just whack those i know are more expensive..like lobster, seafood, sashimi etc etc..