• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
1123 replies to this topic | 1,534 praises

Posted 01 February 2010 - 01:03 AM

Cwinedine
  • Premium member
    Cwinedine
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Just change this engine oil today. Feels like Shell Ultra Helix at a fraction of the price..bought from carrefour at $29.89 4L pack. Surprisingly the oil feels smooth & the engine is quiet too!

Anyone using this oil too?

3 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 01 February 2010 - 01:29 AM

Darkblue
  • Darkblue
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

The bottle have racing turtle one ??

If have API SM, ACEA...etc

Probably can last for 10K no problem.
2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 02 February 2010 - 12:36 AM

Cwinedine
  • Premium member
    Cwinedine
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Yup its the turtle one..made in germany..not too sure about the label which states API SM tho wink.gif
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 02 February 2010 - 12:49 AM

Pandaeyes
  • Pandaeyes
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

The bottle have racing turtle one ??

If have API SM, ACEA...etc

Probably can last for 10K no problem.

Yes it has API SM.

I have been using it in my car for 6000 plus km so far. Not too bad. Of cuz, workshop will laugh and prob say u sure u wan to put this turtle in...

But I can vouch that it is ok so far... in future dunno...

2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:35 AM

Kengohth
  • Kengohth
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

hey dude,
if you dun mind me asking what made you decide to go for this?
i was just wondering as i normally go whatever the WS recommend.
care to share?

cheers.

Just change this engine oil today. Feels like Shell Ultra Helix at a fraction of the price..bought from carrefour at $29.89 4L pack. Surprisingly the oil feels smooth & the engine is quiet too!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:04 AM

Roger78
  • Roger78
    Clutched
    Author Image

Yes it has API SM.

I have been using it in my car for 6000 plus km so far. Not too bad. Of cuz, workshop will laugh and prob say u sure u wan to put this turtle in...

But I can vouch that it is ok so far... in future dunno...

Hi pandaeyes...

you put that in the car you driving? A wrx as shown in your avatar?

if it still can go 6k km...

Then i am quite sold to this schnell...

been seeing this brand everytime i go imm giant...

very catchy... a turtle racing on a hot rod.. hahaha.. biggrin.gif

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:23 PM

Num3ga
  • Num3ga
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Upza Roger78. Are you still using the same brand? Seems like its out of stock at the giant supermarkets. My last oil change was with the very same brand Schnell Oil 5W40 . Its not bad. Since i drive up and down K.L often. the Oil temps has been stable and seems to work as good as the expensive oils in the market. plus for only abt 430 bucks for a fully syn oil its was worth my money :P

Any other users for this engine oil?. wats your reviews?.

Posted 25 September 2010 - 10:34 AM

Kohwp71
  • Kohwp71
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi pandaeyes...

you put that in the car you driving? A wrx as shown in your avatar?

if it still can go 6k km...

Then i am quite sold to this schnell...

been seeing this brand everytime i go imm giant...

very catchy... a turtle racing on a hot rod.. hahaha.. biggrin.gif

So confirmed can use for 10K servicing?, sorry a bit worried as no local distributor listed ie no one can check if any thing goes wrong, but the price is good, anyway give it a try.
Tianmo praised this

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:18 AM

Num3ga
  • Num3ga
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

laugh.gif haha yesh a turtle can go fast ! . 2nd oil change with schnell last week 5k change. F.C seems to improve abit . Maybe after the first time using it it clears all the sludge and carbon?.

Anyway. Bought it at AMK ntuc. Thats the only place i found after going ard the supermarts :). My oil temps still remains constant. Bear in mind i drive to k.l abt 2 times a week thus i'm sold .Worth every single cent hahaha. Just that its wierd that a german fully synthetic oil at a cheap price...

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:23 AM

Haziqko
  • Haziqko
    4th Gear
    Author Image

laugh.gif haha yesh a turtle can go fast ! . 2nd oil change with schnell last week 5k change. F.C seems to improve abit . Maybe after the first time using it it clears all the sludge and carbon?.

Anyway. Bought it at AMK ntuc. Thats the only place i found after going ard the supermarts :). My oil temps still remains constant. Bear in mind i drive to k.l abt 2 times a week thus i'm sold .Worth every single cent hahaha. Just that its wierd that a german fully synthetic oil at a cheap price...

Great.. now everyone knows turtle oil is better than snake oil... good for you guys... for everyones knowledge shell helix ultra doesn't give you any better feeling to your car than this turtle brand. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
MCF Premier League team: DIV2 Panathinaikos motto : "we'll give you a damn good fight"

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:24 AM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Good oil is cheap but companies like to mark up

and many people think more expensive oil = better oil,

more protection for my car, last longer etc biggrin.gif
nazerath and 1 Anonymous member praised this
I am so happy and I don't care.
Wife ran off with another man, daughter turn lesbian, son go for sex change operation, house burn down, business failed.
Easy come easy go. :)

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:42 PM

Thrillseeker
  • Thrillseeker
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

How about mobil1's synthetic engine oil? has anyone tried it before? i heard people say that it's more ex but it helps lower fuel consumption and gives you more mileage.

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:56 PM

Hulk
  • Premium member
    Hulk
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I am using this oil too, also first time use. Yes indeed surprise engine is quieter now especially considering after running for 2.5km already.

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:30 AM

Num3ga
  • Num3ga
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

biggrin.gif Yes Hulk. It seems like a good engine oil . i was amazed that it was stable in temps.. Just strange its not available at workshops?. Maybe Jamessc is right. Companies mark up real high prices for branding. Maybe NTUC import direct from germany who noes? and that why the price is low?.

As for me its worth the $30 dollars spend. if i worry just change every 2 months. Still some savings then a expensive engine oil change.

Not that im a cheapo but dont we all need to spent smart?. Haha save on engine oil for a year i should have enough for my toyo 888 heh !.

Yeah i agree Haziqko. Shell helix has a stiff feeling then the turtle oil but of coz u cant compare to mobil1 fully synthetic . I just settle for the turtle oil and have regular oil change. At least i know i can clear the carbon deposit or watever crap in the engine often at every turtle oil change. hahahaha.

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:38 AM

Jonpaul0104
  • Premium member
    Jonpaul0104
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

biggrin.gif Yes Hulk. It seems like a good engine oil . i was amazed that it was stable in temps.. Just strange its not available at workshops?. Maybe Jamessc is right. Companies mark up real high prices for branding. Maybe NTUC import direct from germany who noes? and that why the price is low?.

As for me its worth the $30 dollars spend. if i worry just change every 2 months. Still some savings then a expensive engine oil change.

Not that im a cheapo but dont we all need to spent smart?. Haha save on engine oil for a year i should have enough for my toyo 888 heh !.

Yeah i agree Haziqko. Shell helix has a stiff feeling then the turtle oil but of coz u cant compare to mobil1 fully synthetic . I just settle for the turtle oil and have regular oil change. At least i know i can clear the carbon deposit or watever crap in the engine often at every turtle oil change. hahahaha.

the turtle oil is filled locally.....

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:52 AM

Num3ga
  • Num3ga
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

the turtle oil is filled locally.....

Maybe tats why the price is low, bought in bulk?.

Posted 19 October 2010 - 05:42 PM

Mikail5858
  • Mikail5858
    1st Gear
    Author Image

have seen it before and saw others buying it but hesitated coz of low price - will try it next round

Posted 06 November 2010 - 09:51 AM

Num3ga
  • Num3ga
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

biggrin.gif Saw a whole shelf at ntuc jurong point for the engine oil yesterday . In case u need to know where to get it in the west area

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:45 AM

Forte3737
i have my doubts about such cheap oil. its better to pay a bit more for peace of mind

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:49 AM

Achtung7
  • Achtung7
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

i have my doubts about such cheap oil. its better to pay a bit more for peace of mind

Mobil 1 retails for USD23 a gallon in US.. is that cheap oil as well??

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Liqui Moly Top Tec 4100 5W40

Liqui Moly Top Tec 4100 5W40  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Kombahbao  |  Clutched

Worth the price

Was using Shell Helix as well with KAH for my old Honda Jazz. Switched to this after I changed to a new workshop and the change is quite obvious. Smoother rev and the engine didn't strain that much.

Motul 8100 X-Clean 5W30

Motul 8100 X-Clean 5W30  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Lab4games  |  4th Gear

Good oil for vehicles with DPF

There aren't many oil that is are rated low ash for newer diesel engines with DPF. This is one such oil that i can find in the market. It is good enough for an oil change every 10000KM. Other oils i tried are good till 6000, or 8000KM before... » Read More

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : SCHNELL, Engine oil

Quick Reply

Tags: schnell, engine, 5w40

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users