SCHNELL Engine Oil 5W40

Cwinedine

Just change this engine oil today. Feels like Shell Ultra Helix at a fraction of the price..bought from carrefour at $29.89 4L pack. Surprisingly the oil feels smooth & the engine is quiet too!

Anyone using this oil too?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

The bottle have racing turtle one ??

If have API SM, ACEA...etc

Probably can last for 10K no problem.

Yes it has API SM.

I have been using it in my car for 6000 plus km so far. Not too bad. Of cuz, workshop will laugh and prob say u sure u wan to put this turtle in...

But I can vouch that it is ok so far... in future dunno...

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

hey dude,

if you dun mind me asking what made you decide to go for this?

i was just wondering as i normally go whatever the WS recommend.

care to share?

cheers.

Just change this engine oil today. Feels like Shell Ultra Helix at a fraction of the price..bought from carrefour at $29.89 4L pack. Surprisingly the oil feels smooth & the engine is quiet too!

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Yes it has API SM.

I have been using it in my car for 6000 plus km so far. Not too bad. Of cuz, workshop will laugh and prob say u sure u wan to put this turtle in...

But I can vouch that it is ok so far... in future dunno...

Hi pandaeyes...

you put that in the car you driving? A wrx as shown in your avatar?

if it still can go 6k km...

Then i am quite sold to this schnell...

been seeing this brand everytime i go imm giant...

very catchy... a turtle racing on a hot rod.. hahaha.. :D

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Upza Roger78. Are you still using the same brand? Seems like its out of stock at the giant supermarkets. My last oil change was with the very same brand Schnell Oil 5W40 . Its not bad. Since i drive up and down K.L often. the Oil temps has been stable and seems to work as good as the expensive oils in the market. plus for only abt 430 bucks for a fully syn oil its was worth my money :P

Any other users for this engine oil?. wats your reviews?.

• Praise 1

Hi pandaeyes...

you put that in the car you driving? A wrx as shown in your avatar?

if it still can go 6k km...

Then i am quite sold to this schnell...

been seeing this brand everytime i go imm giant...

very catchy... a turtle racing on a hot rod.. hahaha.. :D

So confirmed can use for 10K servicing?, sorry a bit worried as no local distributor listed ie no one can check if any thing goes wrong, but the price is good, anyway give it a try.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

[laugh] haha yesh a turtle can go fast ! . 2nd oil change with schnell last week 5k change. F.C seems to improve abit . Maybe after the first time using it it clears all the sludge and carbon?.

Anyway. Bought it at AMK ntuc. Thats the only place i found after going ard the supermarts :). My oil temps still remains constant. Bear in mind i drive to k.l abt 2 times a week thus i'm sold .Worth every single cent hahaha. Just that its wierd that a german fully synthetic oil at a cheap price...

• Praise 1

[laugh] haha yesh a turtle can go fast ! . 2nd oil change with schnell last week 5k change. F.C seems to improve abit . Maybe after the first time using it it clears all the sludge and carbon?.

Anyway. Bought it at AMK ntuc. Thats the only place i found after going ard the supermarts :). My oil temps still remains constant. Bear in mind i drive to k.l abt 2 times a week thus i'm sold .Worth every single cent hahaha. Just that its wierd that a german fully synthetic oil at a cheap price...

Great.. now everyone knows turtle oil is better than snake oil... good for you guys... for everyones knowledge shell helix ultra doesn't give you any better feeling to your car than this turtle brand. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 1

Good oil is cheap but companies like to mark up

and many people think more expensive oil = better oil,

more protection for my car, last longer etc :D

• Praise 2

How about mobil1's synthetic engine oil? has anyone tried it before? i heard people say that it's more ex but it helps lower fuel consumption and gives you more mileage.

• Praise 1

I am using this oil too, also first time use. Yes indeed surprise engine is quieter now especially considering after running for 2.5km already.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

:D Yes Hulk. It seems like a good engine oil . i was amazed that it was stable in temps.. Just strange its not available at workshops?. Maybe Jamessc is right. Companies mark up real high prices for branding. Maybe NTUC import direct from germany who noes? and that why the price is low?.

As for me its worth the $30 dollars spend. if i worry just change every 2 months. Still some savings then a expensive engine oil change.

Not that im a cheapo but dont we all need to spent smart?. Haha save on engine oil for a year i should have enough for my toyo 888 heh !.

Yeah i agree Haziqko. Shell helix has a stiff feeling then the turtle oil but of coz u cant compare to mobil1 fully synthetic . I just settle for the turtle oil and have regular oil change. At least i know i can clear the carbon deposit or watever crap in the engine often at every turtle oil change. hahahaha.

:D Yes Hulk. It seems like a good engine oil . i was amazed that it was stable in temps.. Just strange its not available at workshops?. Maybe Jamessc is right. Companies mark up real high prices for branding. Maybe NTUC import direct from germany who noes? and that why the price is low?.

As for me its worth the $30 dollars spend. if i worry just change every 2 months. Still some savings then a expensive engine oil change.

Not that im a cheapo but dont we all need to spent smart?. Haha save on engine oil for a year i should have enough for my toyo 888 heh !.

Yeah i agree Haziqko. Shell helix has a stiff feeling then the turtle oil but of coz u cant compare to mobil1 fully synthetic . I just settle for the turtle oil and have regular oil change. At least i know i can clear the carbon deposit or watever crap in the engine often at every turtle oil change. hahahaha.

the turtle oil is filled locally.....

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
:D Saw a whole shelf at ntuc jurong point for the engine oil yesterday . In case u need to know where to get it in the west area
↡ Advertisement