SCHNELL Engine Oil 5W40

Cwinedine

Neutral Newbie

i have my doubts about such cheap oil. its better to pay a bit more for peace of mind

Mobil 1 retails for USD23 a gallon in US.. is that cheap oil as well??

• Praise 1

Just change this engine oil today. Feels like Shell Ultra Helix at a fraction of the price..bought from carrefour at $29.89 4L pack. Surprisingly the oil feels smooth & the engine is quiet too!

Anyone using this oil too?

after using numerous types of engine oil, trust me ANY oil will be fine for your car so long its not turbo charged or modded like mad...

cheaper oils sheer faster... popular oils cost more cause of adverts... long lasting oils different additives and different base oils like ester...

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

:huh: Thats abt $46sgd for a 4 litre Mobil. Yeah most prices in sg are marked up for the importers and distributors. Guess every 1 has its own expreriences :).

Its a free world [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Bought this turtle oil in imm for only 29.90... Got it change for 20 bucks! Total less den 50 bucks for a Germany fully synthetic oil. Even the workshop ask me where to get it after I told him the price!! Any workshop selling this oil? My fren told me that there is there is a engine flush by this brand. Any one uses it b4??

• Praise 1

I'm using schnell 5w40 in my small cc TC ride currently. So far clocked close to 4k km & still smooth & FC is quite constant. Only minor issue is it seems to thin out a little after 3k but so far no oil consumed detected from my frequent dip stick checks. Overall I would say its darn good for an engine oil costing $30 !! Compared to closely priced kalube which I had used before and really thinned out on my ride, I would def recommend schnell.

BTW, jus wanna share that after trying so many different brands of engine oil, i will come down to 2 brands that have been the best bang-for-buck >> Redline and Amsoil. The torque and smoothness always noticeably remain better than most brands out there even after some mileage clocked. Haha so after this round of schnell i will be going back to either one of em. :)

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Bought this turtle oil in imm for only 29.90... Got it change for 20 bucks! Total less den 50 bucks for a Germany fully synthetic oil. Even the workshop ask me where to get it after I told him the price!! Any workshop selling this oil? My fren told me that there is there is a engine flush by this brand. Any one uses it b4??

need to change my EO too, which workshop u get it change for 20 bucks?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hey all. Just got 2 bottles of this Schnell 5W40 from Giant Tampines at $29. Those interested go get it!

Edited by Jack_kc
  • Praise 1

after using numerous types of engine oil, trust me ANY oil will be fine for your car so long its not turbo charged or modded like mad...

cheaper oils sheer faster... popular oils cost more cause of adverts... long lasting oils different additives and different base oils like ester...

+1

yes that is true.

changing oil often is always better than expensive and claims to last longer.

• Praise 2

+1

yes that is true.

changing oil often is always better than expensive and claims to last longer.

haha... +2

i used to change at 5k intervals... recently changed at 4k+...

but then my car only uses 2.5liters of eo... so a 5liter bottle gives me 2 changes...

• Praise 1

haha... +2

i used to change at 5k intervals... recently changed at 4k+...

but then my car only uses 2.5liters of eo... so a 5liter bottle gives me 2 changes...

+3 then lol

5 litre can do 2 changes? wow thats really good economics. no wonder can change at 4k intervals.

I did my 5k change yesterday, used liqui moly 5w30 top tech and added a bottle of ceratec.

although I am sceptical about those additives, but this really got difference thou.

for discussion sake, do you do an engine flush?

there seems to be 2 schools of thoughts on this.

yes, to flush out everything and clean the engine

no, flushing will strip the engine of all its protection and damage the seals

• Praise 1

Hmm... my workshop uses AGIP, but have been passing by Giant and eyeing Schnell as well. Think I'll go give it a try lol

I just bought 4Lx6Cans Schell Ultimate ll 5w40 Fully Synthetic Engine Oil at Bukit Timah Giant Turf City, the sale price is S$28.99.nett/4L.

Have been using it for the past 2 years and found that it is much better then my previous c-----e EO.

• Praise 2

I just bought 4Lx6Cans Schell Ultimate ll 5w40 Fully Synthetic Engine Oil at Bukit Timah Giant Turf City, the sale price is S$28.99.nett/4L.

Have been using it for the past 2 years and found that it is much better then my previous c-----e EO.

Agree!!! [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

Just change this engine oil today. Feels like Shell Ultra Helix at a fraction of the price..bought from carrefour at $29.89 4L pack. Surprisingly the oil feels smooth & the engine is quiet too!

Anyone using this oil too?

really cant relate shell helix ultra with "smooth & the engine is quiet".... are u sure you use SHU before? [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 1

better than carl*be?? Then must try... but got to finish my carlu*e 1st... still have left over... from the last promo at Carefour

+3 then lol

5 litre can do 2 changes? wow thats really good economics. no wonder can change at 4k intervals.

I did my 5k change yesterday, used liqui moly 5w30 top tech and added a bottle of ceratec.

although I am sceptical about those additives, but this really got difference thou.

for discussion sake, do you do an engine flush?

there seems to be 2 schools of thoughts on this.

yes, to flush out everything and clean the engine

no, flushing will strip the engine of all its protection and damage the seals

i do not think engine flush can damage a good condition seal... i flushed my present car at 46k... no problems watsoever... but this is what i read...

In an old engine you really don't want to remove all the deposits. Some of these deposits help seal rings, lifters and even some of the flanges between the heads, covers, pan and the block, where the gaskets are thin. I have heard of engines with over 280,000km that worked fine, but when flushed, failed in a month because the blow-by past the scraper ring (now really clean) contaminated the oil and screwed the rod bearings.

Read more: http://www.carbibles.com/engineoil_bible.html#ixzz1dDYEg5SY

i'm at 100k now... and i was so tempted to flush it again... almost bought a 4liter vantage flushing oil from autobacs to try but in the end decided not to...

actually i love ester based oils... redline/motul/KiC... etc.... so before i use these oils (occasionally), i'd use either c-----e or VX or X-Gold engine oil (instead of flushing oils) for 500km-1000km then change to this oil... (got this idea from Tigershark... though he uses mineral oil to do this style of flushing)

but after 2yrs with my present car, i have given up using EOs which cost a few times more than what i'm comfortable with... but i surely must use a 100% syn oil... also over these 2years i actually like a 50w oil more then a 30w or 40w oil.... logically a 50w should hv poorer FC and probably more sluggish throttle response compare to a 30w and 40w, but my butt dyno doesnt feel so leh...

i used to hate additives due to the many snake oils in the market........ and also i feel that the engine oils and the additives might have a different boiling and cooling temp and might result in different oil consistency and clogging of the oil filters.....

but recently i believe in any oil additives with Molybdenum... have tried a few brands and i love the smoothness and better FC (maybe just my butt dyno) brands tried include mugen MT105, bullsone (korean brand).. prostaff (japanese brand).... also tried Schaeffer MolyEP Oil Treatment and i like it cause it thickens my Engine oil....

haha... seriously i'm not like driving a 500bhp monster running time trials everyday..... where oils with different vocosity will produce different number of horses... lol... sometimes if i think the product works it works... if i think its lousy its lousy... maybe its all in the mind for daily ah pek cars like mine... haha...

so long i'm enjoying my ride/drive... weather it really works or not is secondary... so long i like it and i think it is working... haha... [laugh]

↡ Advertisement