SCHNELL Engine Oil 5W40

Cwinedine

Hey all. Just got 2 bottles of this Schnell 5W40 from Giant Tampines at $29. Those interested go get it!

bro any offers on karlube?... vx or x-gold?...

Edited by Ken4555
↡ Advertisement

I just bought 4Lx6Cans Schell Ultimate ll 5w40 Fully Synthetic Engine Oil at Bukit Timah Giant Turf City, the sale price is S$28.99.nett/4L.

Have been using it for the past 2 years and found that it is much better then my previous c-----e EO.

schell comes in cans? i've only seen plastic bottles...

better than carl*be?? Then must try... but got to finish my carlu*e 1st... still have left over... from the last promo at Carefour

hi bro long time not see hear [wave] just mentioned you only just and saw you here... hahaha...

yes i remember you have tons of EO in your store room... haha

btw i dont remember schell being better then karlube... and only 4liters i prefer 5liters ^_^

i do not think engine flush can damage a good condition seal... i flushed my present car at 46k... no problems watsoever... but this is what i read...

In an old engine you really don't want to remove all the deposits. Some of these deposits help seal rings, lifters and even some of the flanges between the heads, covers, pan and the block, where the gaskets are thin. I have heard of engines with over 280,000km that worked fine, but when flushed, failed in a month because the blow-by past the scraper ring (now really clean) contaminated the oil and screwed the rod bearings.

Read more: http://www.carbibles.com/engineoil_bible.html#ixzz1dDYEg5SY

i'm at 100k now... and i was so tempted to flush it again... almost bought a 4liter vantage flushing oil from autobacs to try but in the end decided not to...

actually i love ester based oils... redline/motul/KiC... etc.... so before i use these oils (occasionally), i'd use either c-----e or VX or X-Gold engine oil (instead of flushing oils) for 500km-1000km then change to this oil... (got this idea from Tigershark... though he uses mineral oil to do this style of flushing)

but after 2yrs with my present car, i have given up using EOs which cost a few times more than what i'm comfortable with... but i surely must use a 100% syn oil... also over these 2years i actually like a 50w oil more then a 30w or 40w oil.... logically a 50w should hv poorer FC and probably more sluggish throttle response compare to a 30w and 40w, but my butt dyno doesnt feel so leh...

i used to hate additives due to the many snake oils in the market........ and also i feel that the engine oils and the additives might have a different boiling and cooling temp and might result in different oil consistency and clogging of the oil filters.....

but recently i believe in any oil additives with Molybdenum... have tried a few brands and i love the smoothness and better FC (maybe just my butt dyno) brands tried include mugen MT105, bullsone (korean brand).. prostaff (japanese brand).... also tried Schaeffer MolyEP Oil Treatment and i like it cause it thickens my Engine oil....

haha... seriously i'm not like driving a 500bhp monster running time trials everyday..... where oils with different vocosity will produce different number of horses... lol... sometimes if i think the product works it works... if i think its lousy its lousy... maybe its all in the mind for daily ah pek cars like mine... haha...

so long i'm enjoying my ride/drive... weather it really works or not is secondary... so long i like it and i think it is working... haha... [laugh]

+1

really power lol.

you are like an engine oil geek, in a good way [laugh]

I am more of a constant person, sticking to those tried and tested brands.

if it is good, i am kinda sold and stays with it. :D

+1

really power lol.

you are like an engine oil geek, in a good way [laugh]

I am more of a constant person, sticking to those tried and tested brands.

if it is good, i am kinda sold and stays with it. :D

haha... like i said... it you feel good using it... great!...

i have a colleague who says she is using very good aeroplane oil for her car... veyr smooth and good... kns i almost burst out laughing!... but i just said oh wow really wahh.. she must have kenna carrot big time...

btw have you tried this EO 'roar'... made in SG... $200+ for 4 liters...

i heard 2 goons asking the sales gal at motec... and she said really good oil can feel difference.. hahaha

haha... like i said... it you feel good using it... great!...

i have a colleague who says she is using very good aeroplane oil for her car... veyr smooth and good... kns i almost burst out laughing!... but i just said oh wow really wahh.. she must have kenna carrot big time...

btw have you tried this EO 'roar'... made in SG... $200+ for 4 liters...

i heard 2 goons asking the sales gal at motec... and she said really good oil can feel difference.. hahaha

hehe ya i know this EO roar.

when i was on my silvia they came and did "demo" also samples of octane boost.

that engine is said to last ermm 50000/100000km or some huge numbers like that.

but i am still of the same school of changing EO often than to put magic diamonds in my car to last forever hehe.

Neutral Newbie

No c-----e or x-gold bro. Only Schnell on promo. Anyway y is c-----e censored. Lol. Like its the EO-not-to-be-named. Lol. [laugh]

Edited by Jack_kc
  • Praise 1

Hi

I recently heard from my colleague that he is also using this engine oil. I listened to his review about how wonderful and affordable the engine oil is and I almost wanted to buy and try out myself.

However, during his recent oil change after 10k km,he checked on the flushed out engine oil and realized that about the amount is about 0.5-0.75 of the amount put in. After seeing this, he decided to give up this brand of engine oil.

I suggested to him that normal cars can use such oil but try to change at interval of 5000-7000km due to the affordable price. He can actually top up the quantity after checking his dip stick.

Anyway, this is just sharing of what I had heard about the oil. Germany made should be trustworthy but users should consider earlier interval change.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I using this turtle oil on my honda i-Vtec engine, i did not really feel any different from premium brand like H*S Super oil that about $100++ per 4 liter. I am skeptical initially as well when i found it's price so low. However i did the check regularly on oil level, it's quality, engine smoothness and still drive with VTEC switch on (high RPM). I drained it out after 10000km, i found the oil absolutely healthy! Most important it met the requirement of manufacturer.

Giant was selling 29.90 now,

• Praise 1

hehe ya i know this EO roar.

when i was on my silvia they came and did "demo" also samples of octane boost.

that engine is said to last ermm 50000/100000km or some huge numbers like that.

but i am still of the same school of changing EO often than to put magic diamonds in my car to last forever hehe.

wahahaha... last 50000k up???.... [crazy]

[hur] then oil filter how?... lol

even if the oil could last so long, i wouldnt want all the by products of the combustion process going round and round my engine for so long... haha

• Praise 1

No c-----e or x-gold bro. Only Schnell on promo. Anyway y is c-----e censored. Lol. Like its the EO-not-to-be-named. Lol. [laugh]

alamak... only turtle oil on offer ah?...

i afraid wait my car become like turtle after i use... lol.......

wahahaha... last 50000k up???.... [crazy]

[hur] then oil filter how?... lol

even if the oil could last so long, i wouldnt want all the by products of the combustion process going round and round my engine for so long... haha

well that is their marketing for this product then.

i do believe that it must have its followers and supporters.

else by now already closed shop :D

as far as i am concern, 5k or 4-5 months whichever is earlier is my comfort zone, considering the way i drive [laugh]

but for others, their norm is 10-15k.

even heard of one that does 25k, but end up engine died and needed overhaul cos engine is full of engine sludge.

better than carl*be?? Then must try... but got to finish my carlu*e 1st... still have left over... from the last promo at Carefour

Hi, uncle Tigershark, don't believe then I'll go to yishun pull out my engine oil indicator rod to let you smell, I've been keep smelling it to ensure no oil burning odour ! I fully endorse this particular brand for quality and pricing, selling at Bukit Timah Turf City Giant for S$28.99/4L.nett onlyyyyyyy. [thumbsup]

No Carlube or x-gold bro. Only Schnell on promo. Anyway y is Carlube censored. Lol. Like its the EO-not-to-be-named. Lol. [laugh]

Got censor meh? Carlube? Haha...

Edited by Weewee1976
  • Praise 1