SCHNELL Engine Oil 5W40

Cwinedine

Hi chaps,

Just pitching in. I replaced the Shell Helix Ultra in my Suzuki Swift Sport with this oil after doing a 2 step engine flush with both flushing additive and flushing oil. After which, i added LiquiMolly additive to this and poured it into the vehicle.

I agree that the pick up is very smooth. The engine sounds quieter and the revs rest at a lower idling speed. Vehicle accelerates and revs quickly.

Have been running close to 3 weeks. So far so good. I have clocked a mileage of approx 1,500km. Am intending to change my oil at 5,000km intervals.

As I do most of my servicing myself, this is a pretty good oil for short interval servicing. Economical and cost effective.

As good as it sounds, I am skeptical as to the origin of the oil...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi chaps,

Just pitching in. I replaced the Shell Helix Ultra in my Suzuki Swift Sport with this oil after doing a 2 step engine flush with both flushing additive and flushing oil. After which, i added LiquiMolly additive to this and poured it into the vehicle.

I agree that the pick up is very smooth. The engine sounds quieter and the revs rest at a lower idling speed. Vehicle accelerates and revs quickly.

Have been running close to 3 weeks. So far so good. I have clocked a mileage of approx 1,500km. Am intending to change my oil at 5,000km intervals.

As I do most of my servicing myself, this is a pretty good oil for short interval servicing. Economical and cost effective.

Hi, Huntsman,

Another way to observed the oil quality is to check engine oil lipstick for the oil level and colour, I just checked mine before this posting, it still in max level and golden colour that has already clocked 4870km mileage. My previous Shell EO turns black in colour in just 3000km.

Hi, Huntsman,

Another way to observed the oil quality is to check engine oil lipstick for the oil level and colour, I just checked mine before this posting, it still in max level and golden colour that has already clocked 4870km mileage. My previous Shell EO turns black in colour in just 3000km.

Colour is not a good indicator of oil life left, in fact you should be very worried if after so long it still remain clear and hasn't turn black.

The Dark Oil Myth

http://www.nordicgroup.us/oil.htm#The%20Dark%20Oil%20Myth

Hi, Huntsman,

this theory is WRONG

Feel is one thing, but Oil is meant to be like blood plasma for the engine, carrying out all the toxic waste that may clog or cause harm. If the EO isn't getting dirty more often than not it means that the oil isn't doing its job. I've bought one 4l and will see if my Swift reacts well to it lol, currently using AGIP.

• Praise 1

Hi chaps,

My SSS using Mobil 1 Gold (0W40). Quiet, smooth and lasting. Every 7000-7500km interval renew.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

post-102150-1325910136_thumb.jpg

Carrefour is having promotion on C@rlube Triple R 5w40 Fully Synth 5L FREE C@rlube Oil Treatment 300ml :o

Edited by DD97
  • Praise 1

Carrefour is having promotion on C@rlube Triple R 5w40 Fully Synth 5L FREE C@rlube Oil Treatment 300ml :o

Hi, Bro DD97, you saw C@rlube Triple R 5w40 Fully Synth 5L FREE C@rlube Oil Treatment 300ml at Singapura Plaza carrefour ? What is the promotion price ?

Kindly advice. Regards.

Edited by Fongmy

Hi, Bro DD97, you saw C@rlube Triple R 5w40 Fully Synth 5L FREE C@rlube Oil Treatment 300ml at Singapura Plaza carrefour ? What is the promotion price ?

Kindly advice. Regards.

$29+ at Suntec Carrefour. I think these two days got 10% if you have the POSB Everyday card...

• Praise 1

$29+ at Suntec Carrefour. I think these two days got 10% if you have the POSB Everyday card...

Hi, Bro TheDream, many Thanks for your prompt advice, you mean this SAT & SUN only have 10% discount by using POSB "GO CARD" ?

have this in my Jetta Sport. 2500km later it's still going smooth, cant really tell any difference from the Mobil 1 0W40 i had previously

• Praise 1

how can that be?

SCHNELL is a good EO. Cheap and does it's job well.

Better then CarLxbe which is selling more expensive @ $29.90 promotion price now.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1