Caught by TP for jaywalking

Rollagt

almost ganna caught for jaywalking across the road to peninsula plaza back in the 90s, sibei heng, too many jaywalkers lol, so the officer just caught hold of the one nearer to him.

Jaywalking accidents up 21% in first half of year, 30% involving elderly pedestrians

"(The Traffic Police) would like to urge all pedestrians to use designated pedestrian crossings, and to keep a lookout, especially at carparks, carpark entrances and their service roads," said Traffic Police patrol unit team leader Low Hui Yu on Wednesday.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/jaywalking-accidents-up-21-in-first-half-of-year-30-involving-elderly-pedestrians

post-15968-0-72547500-1507769730_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

Hi all,

Sigh.

I am caught jaywalking when the lights are not in pedestrain favour. Location is traffic light junction infront of Lot1.

A TP gestured me to come over and explain that I had violate the law and took down my NRIC and name.

I told him I am seriously late and hope he can close one eye..he say cannot.

Its my 1st offence but unsure what penalty I will expect.

S$50 summon ? Or warning ?

Really hope its "Just for Laughs" shooting an episode..and not the real TP.

I think no warning, you will be fined.

I was fined S$20 more than 10 years ago for jaywalking from Peninsula Hotel to Peninsula Plaza.   

P/S:  LOL , I just found out that I have replied to a 2010 post. Wahahahaha. 

Edited by Dleodleo

I was fined S$20 more than 10 years ago for jaywalking from Peninsula Hotel to Peninsula Plaza.

you must very suay to kena cos tens of thousands of people cross there everyday [laugh]
  • Praise 1

you must very suay to kena cos tens of thousands of people cross there everyday [laugh]

Wahahahaahaha.  Ya lor.  I used to work there, everyone cross that road everyday and the road is so small only. [laugh]  [laugh]  

P/S:  LOL , I just found out that I have replied to a 2010 post. Wahahahaha.  Wonder if can delete this post.

had your coffee yet ?

:XD:

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

There are more people kena summoned for jaywalking than you think...even more than those caught smoking at the wrong place.
  • Praise 1

Wahahahahaha... otw to work that day I think.  Early morning S$20 [angel]  [laugh] [laugh]

iirc, the middle part of the road is not within the 50m range. so its ok to cross there. 

must know the rules first, then go around it.  [sly]

There are more people kena summoned for jaywalking than you think...even more than those caught smoking at the wrong place.

that's true, i saw pedestrian been stopped quite many time, dun really see that many NEA officer stop people on smoking, have but very few.

iirc, the middle part of the road is not within the 50m range. so its ok to cross there. 

must know the rules first, then go around it.  [sly]

Very small road only.  My Hongkie GM kena too but he ignored the policeman and carried on walking. [laugh] [laugh]  

We also need to know the rules overseas.  My friend's spouse was caught littering and fined in Hong Kong for putting the bus ticket on the railing.   My friend told him that he was a tourist from Singapore and did not the rules but they just ignored and issued the ticket.

P/S:  LOL , I just found out that I have replied to a 2010 post. Wahahahaha. 

it's ok...we all wish we were 7 years younger too

:D

• Praise 2