Caught by TP for jaywalking

Rollagt

We also need to know the rules overseas.  My friend's spouse was caught littering and fined in Hong Kong for putting the bus ticket on the railing.   My friend told him that he was a tourist from Singapore and did not the rules but they just ignored and issued the ticket.

He deserves it. But why did he say he was from SG, say he is from another country mah ...  [:p]

HK street cops quite on and are frequently seen. I noticed people in HK seldom jaywalk.

Think TP just want to raise public awareness again in light of the Bt Batok case. Think last year also another case at Eu Tong Seng St, also jaywalking leading to fatality. 

wah, champion spotted. jaywalk and using handphone.  :a-whiteflag:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

He deserves it. But why did he say he was from SG, say he is from another country mah ...  [:p]

HK street cops quite on and are frequently seen. I noticed people in HK seldom jaywalk.

Think TP just want to raise public awareness again in light of the Bt Batok case. Think last year also another case at Eu Tong Seng St, also jaywalking leading to fatality. 

ya the Eu tong Sen one was a sad case.  Grandson kena hit right?  

• Praise 1

iirc, the middle part of the road is not within the 50m range. so its ok to cross there. 

must know the rules first, then go around it.  [sly]

Jaywalking meaning you cannot cross the road within certain distance from any pedestrian crossing right? If exceeded the distance from pedestrian crossing or there is no pedestrian crossing along the road, they cant catch you crossing the road right? 

ya the Eu tong Sen one was a sad case.  Grandson kena hit right?  

Yes, think they were crossing within 20 or 30m from a traffic light.

Media is sensitive not to highlight its jaywalking in cases involving fatalities. 

Actually, I used to go Peninsular quite often years back, we could have 擦身而过 while jaywalking.  :XD:

Jaywalking meaning you cannot cross the road within certain distance from any pedestrian crossing right? If exceeded the distance from pedestrian crossing or there is no pedestrian crossing along the road, they cant catch you crossing the road right? 

Yup, 50m from designated crossing or overhead bridge or tunnel etc.

Media is sensitive not to highlight its jaywalking in cases involving fatalities. 

Actually, I used to go Peninsular quite often years back, we could have 擦身而过 while jaywalking.  :XD:

LOL.  Pehaps wahahahahaha

Sad to say accidents takes two parties to happen. Just like the accident where the 4yo girl got killed.

From the pic there's an overhead bridge nearby they could use but didn't. The divider should be fenced up to deter jaywalking. All could have been prevented.

http://www.asiaone.com/multimedia/gallery/colourful-wake-balloons-toys-4-year-old-who-died-bukit-batok-accident

01_3.jpg

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 2

years back i also used to worked and cross that road a few time a day for 5 years   [laugh]  [laugh]

years back i also used to worked and cross that road a few time a day for 5 years   [laugh]  [laugh]

LOL.  Which building you work?  I worked in the 2 hotels there.

Wow. .... your pic so handsome and mine so kuku de  [laugh]  [laugh] 

Twincharged

Sad to say accidents takes two parties to happen. Just like the accident where the 4yo girl got killed.

From the pic there's an overhead bridge nearby they could use but didn't. The divider should be fenced up to deter jaywalking. All could have been prevented.

http://www.asiaone.com/multimedia/gallery/colourful-wake-balloons-toys-4-year-old-who-died-bukit-batok-accident

01_3.jpg

But I rmb my TP tested told me that crossing behind the arrow pointing to the pedestrian crossing is not considered jaywalking. The sign is put 50m away from the pedestrian crossing. Anyway, whether jaywalking or not, the pedestrians already paid the price.

Edited by Nzy

But I rmb my TP tested told me that crossing behind the arrow pointing to the pedestrian crossing is not considered jaywalking. The sign is put 50m away from the pedestrian crossing. Anyway, whether jaywalking or not, the pedestrians already paid the price.

the car stop just after the 50m pole with a broken windscreen.

the driver must have been driving quite fast...

i had knocked into a pedestrian that was jaywalking before.. at 30km/h, her head hit my windscreen and there was only a small spiderweb round the crack.... 

either that or maybe because i have solar flim and this accident car don't have?

Must be FT. What's the prize for participating in the ASEAN regional jaywalking Championships (Singapore)?  [:p] 

you must very suay to kena cos tens of thousands of people cross there everyday [laugh]

just like what a fellow jay-walker pleaded when TP gestured her over from the 15-20 of us "Why ME??"  [laugh]

I was thinking "'cos you stupid lor"  [:p]

just like what a fellow jay-walker pleaded when TP gestured her over from the 15-20 of us "Why ME??"  [laugh]

I was thinking "'cos you stupid lor"  [:p]

just like one kena stopped for speeding when a few cars drove past at higher speed   [laugh]  [laugh]

just like one kena stopped for speeding when a few cars drove past at higher speed   [laugh]  [laugh]

TP will tell you

'when you go fishing, you catch ALL the fish?'

• Praise 2

Actually, I used to go Peninsular quite often years back, we could have æ¦èº«èè¿ while jaywalking. :XD:

Yup, 50m from designated crossing or overhead bridge or tunnel etc.

I think Little India area is probably the worst. The people simply don't care and just cross.

TP will tell you

'when you go fishing, you catch ALL the fish?'

I will tell the TP. Go catch the bigger ang mo fish. Dont catch cheap cheap Japanese and Korean fish.
↡ Advertisement