Caught by TP for jaywalking

Rollagt

Twincharged

the driver must have been driving quite fast...

i had knocked into a pedestrian that was jaywalking before.. at 30km/h, her head hit my windscreen and there was only a small spiderweb round the crack.... 

either that or maybe because i have solar flim and this accident car don't have?

I think much faster than 30km/h. The girl flew and landed on the rear windscreen of the car. Rear windscreen also shattered.

↡ Advertisement

Sad to say accidents takes two parties to happen. Just like the accident where the 4yo girl got killed.

From the pic there's an overhead bridge nearby they could use but didn't. The divider should be fenced up to deter jaywalking. All could have been prevented.

http://www.asiaone.com/multimedia/gallery/colourful-wake-balloons-toys-4-year-old-who-died-bukit-batok-accident

01_3.jpg

I agree with you.

The overhead bridge is so nearby and yet the maid chose to cross the road.

I remember a case in punggol where a PRC grandpa jaywalking and a speeding car hit his granddaughter (she flew too) and died.  He didn't use the traffic lights too. 

It is a wake up call to all parents and maid.  Good to educate the maids to use overhead bridge, zebra crossing or traffic lights and watch out for reckless driver as well.  I overheard a maid's conversation with her minor just now.  She told the little girl  - we must make sure no car then we can cross the road, got one jie jie got hit by a car and died. 

• Praise 1

Sad to say accidents takes two parties to happen. Just like the accident where the 4yo girl got killed.

From the pic there's an overhead bridge nearby they could use but didn't. The divider should be fenced up to deter jaywalking. All could have been prevented.

http://www.asiaone.com/multimedia/gallery/colourful-wake-balloons-toys-4-year-old-who-died-bukit-batok-accident

01_3.jpg

Very sad lor this accident which could have been prevented.  [smallcry]

The problem is the bus stop is just nearby the bridge and many pedestrians jay-walk and worst is when they run across to catch the bus. 

Near my block this stretch of road, further down is the crossing near the MRT which many dashes across even when it is blnking green man right down to the last few seconds.  :a-noway:  

I agree with you.

The overhead bridge is so nearby and yet the maid chose to cross the road.

I remember a case in punggol where a PRC grandpa jaywalking and a speeding car hit his granddaughter (she flew too) and died.  He didn't use the traffic lights too. 

It is a wake up call to all parents and maid.  Good to educate the maids to use overhead bridge, zebra crossing or traffic lights and watch out for reckless driver as well.  I overheard a maid's conversation with her minor just now.  She told the little girl  - we must make sure no car then we can cross the road, got one jie jie got hit by a car and died. 

I get pissed off when I see maids engrossed on phone when crossing road and they just let the young child walk in front of them . . . have yelled and scolded them before  [furious]

• Praise 1

Nobody use overhead bridge anymore.

It's hard to climb up.

It probably cost more to build than a pedestrian crossing.

And besides, pedestrian crossing also slows car down, especially those signalized.

So why build overhead bridge ?

• Praise 1

It's hard to climb up.

And besides, pedestrian crossing also slows car down, especially those signalized.

Best is to build underpass la, but too bad there are not many underpass in sg.

TP will tell you

'when you go fishing, you catch ALL the fish?'

The last time I was stopped on NSHW by JPJ..

JPJ Encik says.. boss, you are driving quite fast ah..

I smiled widely and replied "encik.. this road so nice must drive fast lah.. see they are even faster after seeing you stop at the side

Little India, thousand of jaywallkers every weekend

Where is the mata?

Knn....only know how to bully the local

SPF will need to activate the whole Force to issue summons on Sunday at Little India vicinity.

Best is to build underpass la, but too bad there are not many underpass in sg.

Underpass also need to climb out leh.

SPF will need to activate the whole Force to issue summons on Sunday at Little India vicinity.

There are so many because there is no enforcement. If you start catching, after a few weeks, you think will still continue?

There are so many because there is no enforcement. If you start catching, after a few weeks, you think will still continue?

I think they will run and not wanna be caught lor...

and we all know what happened to police action in Little India last time...

[sweatdrop]

It's hard to climb up.

Come on, it's just a flight of stairs.

Treat it as an exercise lo.