TNP - Father VS Flasher

Acanthus

Neutral Newbie

In the TNP today,

a flasher was caught flashing to a guy's 2 daughter outside their home and was beaten by him.

Poodles came and flasher was charged in court and fined 1k.

Father of 2 gals received lawyer's letter seeking compensation to injuries caused to flasher.

LLST to avoid incurring legal costs, father paid 3.5k compensation to flasher and 1.5k legal fees.

Wat the F is Singapore coming to now?

If someone flash himself outside my house to my daughter....he is DEADMEAT.

↡ Advertisement

He also can counter-claim from the flasher, due to his daughters being traumatised :D

All these compensations are larger than the fine!!!

Simple - two wrongs don't make a right.

Was the father acting in self defense? Was he in imminent danger? (of something other than poke eye out?)

Just because someone does something you dun like doesn't give you the right to beat him. Detain can, beat and assault cannot.

there is no moral rights in those judges nowadays...

Uhmm...the case did not come in front of a judge - it was settled out of court.

But in any case, vigilante justice is never right - which is what the father took, he made himself judge, jury and punisher all in one. If he were to get away with that what next? Member of an estate surround a speeding car and demand compensation?

Alamak, flash and get to 'earn' 3.5k... take away the 1k fine, 2.5k in the pocket.. pity that father as its quite a usual reaction to most father..

wa, if i was the dad i also sure beat him lor. Catch him in the act somemore!

lets say instead of flashing, he molested your daughters, and u catch him in the act. Would you beat him up too in the heat of the moment? Any loving dad would. but too bad, thats life, wanna beat pple, must beat them until either they dead cannot sue or brain dead. :D

what i recommend would be to pin him down and in the pretext of preventing him from escaping. accidentally dislocate his shoulder and break a few fingers. low chance his lawyer will have a case to sue for damages :ph34r:

It sucks, but even if catch in the act vigilante justice is never right.

No matter what, the crime of flashing is quite separate from the crime of assault by the father.

Much as I think that the flasher got what he deserved, it would be terrible to see this go unpunished, otherwise next time what? Bang somebody backside in car, he can assault you?

Accidentally knock into someone he can assault you?

Then how - society become like what?

Best solution is to start a fund to pay the fine for the daddy if you really think he was wronged.

Uhmm...the case did not come in front of a judge - it was settled out of court.

But in any case, vigilante justice is never right - which is what the father took, he made himself judge, jury and punisher all in one. If he were to get away with that what next? Member of an estate surround a speeding car and demand compensation?

so u mean if ur daughters were being outraged, u only try to detain the guy ?

wad if u saw someone attempting to rape ur daughter? u only try to restrain him because u believe in law and justice ?

bro, singapore law is on the side of whoever has the gib of the gab and has the most money.

ironically, i support vigilante justice precisely because of the way the system works

sg law is only strict on capital crimes like murder or drugs, the rest of the petty crimes like this most likely is jus a passing incident

you should go catch " law abiding citizen"

Edited by Ah_tee

No matter what, the crime of flashing is quite separate from the crime of assault by the father.

Much as I think that the flasher got what he deserved, it would be terrible to see this go unpunished, otherwise next time what? Bang somebody backside in car, he can assault you?

Best solution is to start a fund to pay the fine for the daddy if you really think he was wronged.

accident i can understand, flash in front of your daughters, i don't think many father can tolerate :angry: :angry:

Dude... I think you are off base on this one.

Whilst we have to distinguish right from wrong ... once it involves our own children, ALL BETS ARE OFF!

The father did right to beat the crap out of the creep.

He shouldn't have paid off the jerkoff. Any competent lawyer would have been able to win the case for the father (unless the flasher was an elite or a romanian); maybe even counter sue the perp until the a-hole loses his house, if the perp was crazy enough to sue.

so u mean if ur daughters were being outraged, u only try to detain the guy ?

wad if u saw someone attempting to rape ur daughter? u only try to restrain him because u believe in law and justice ?

bro, singapore law is on the side of whoever has the gib of the gab and has the most money.

ironically, i support vigilante justice precisely because of this.

Honestly - I dunno. In my younger days I did have anger management problems, and did get into fights.

This wouldn't make it right though. Society is preidcated on the idea of laws, and laws apply equally to everyone. Nowhere does it say in the law that assault is illegal - unless your daughter can see his penis. And also, please do remember - just how much harm can a flasher do? After all I am sure that you daughter is going to see a penis at some stage right? What's the big deal?