Any Auto Financing for COE Renewal?

Nmnhnlm

Is there any auto financing for COE renewal? If I cannot afford to pay my COE renewal is full, can I take up a loan. Are there any companies that offer such a loan?

↡ Advertisement

sorry to dig up this old thread. But its good to know if there is any option to actually have finance loan from banks for COE renewal if one cannot afford to pay in full. Also another question, if one were to renewal COE for OPC, does it mean only pay 17K for renewal only?

sorry to dig up this old thread. But its good to know if there is any option to actually have finance loan from banks for COE renewal if one cannot afford to pay in full. Also another question, if one were to renewal COE for OPC, does it mean only pay 17K for renewal only?

if i'm not wrong you'll have to pay the full amount, OPC rebate is only for new cars

after paying the full amount you can decide if you want it to be OPC or not but no rebate for OPC still

u guys are so smart~!....but then the govt is trying to squeeze ur necks u know...esp u guys....its called timing, but hope got resolution also, this business idea dunno have spin off or not or mas rulings can bend or not....surely the high coe they want to maintain...the maintenance in the $3m salary ...up per year they get, from where..haha..we all know le lar....not just geylang.... they want to look good and lick your money....my auntie got squeeze before and exited the foray(stop driving)...2nd hand dealer will say, trade in or change new car, sure legal.....that's why now inflated...stuck and sucked... well..i very suay also..i would say savers world... if u bought a car or second car before the 1.5-2 year ago, which nobody know, sales struggling...haha..now u got final laugh... and the dragon year squeeze....haha high tide baby.....more demand less supply...F-king too much....i bought $16 k coe, people say i siao...cos i know and tts abt it...suay suay again to my luck.... got any car tips , dun mind forumers, inform or share pls... i love the info...cos i need it one day too... i believe someone out there got the answer, maybe not u....just a guy..passing by. help~!!!!

Supercharged

I think quite hard to just take loan for COE only cos no collateral. When buy new car, the COE is part of your your car loan so the whole car together with the COE is the collateral.

If you default on the COE loan, how to take back just the COE? Not sure if your COE car can be used as collateral....nowadays COE so expensive, for car to have scrap value of $60k to $90k quite hard. Or maybe i got this whole thing wrong.

if i'm not wrong you'll have to pay the full amount, OPC rebate is only for new cars

after paying the full amount you can decide if you want it to be OPC or not but no rebate for OPC still

wah liew, like that might as well remain normal plate or even buy new OPC there after [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Turbocharged

You are wrong. If no rebate for OPC, then might as well be black plate. Stupid right?

OPC rebate is minus $17k. Renewal for OPC car will be (60k - 17k = 43k). Let's take $60k as the current Prevailing Quota Premium COE (average 3 months COE price)

You are wrong. If no rebate for OPC, then might as well be black plate. Stupid right?

OPC rebate is minus $17k. Renewal for OPC car will be (60k - 17k = 43k). Let's take $60k as the current Prevailing Quota Premium COE (average 3 months COE price)

www.lta.gov.sg/content/lta/en/motoring/vehicle_ownership/vehicle_policiesschemes/off-peak_car_revisedoff-peakcarschemes/how_do_i_renew_thecoeofmyopc.html

I don't need to say anything else because I am wrong

Turbocharged

www.lta.gov.sg/content/lta/en/motoring/vehicle_ownership/vehicle_policiesschemes/off-peak_car_revisedoff-peakcarschemes/how_do_i_renew_thecoeofmyopc.html

I don't need to say anything else because I am wrong

Just sent LTA a query. Awaiting reply. <_<

Neutral Newbie

No OPC rebate for COE car, you pay full COE price (3month average) for 10yr renewal.

Under OPC scheme for COE car, you only pay cheaper insurance and rd tax.

For COE loan, best interest rate I know of is 4.5% and only 80% loan (maybe can neg higher) on COE amount.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

COE renewal loan (@ 4.5% - 7% interest per annual depending on which financial co.) for just COE amount is good business profit since remaining portion of COE is returned back in CASH upon car scrapped if repayment is default.

Edited by Winson_ang

Turbocharged

the $17k is a rebate on the ARF isn't it? Rather than the COE?

Is there any auto financing for COE renewal? If I cannot afford to pay my COE renewal is full, can I take up a loan. Are there any companies that offer such a loan?

banks offer personal loans

↡ Advertisement