• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
23 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:26 PM

Roverboy
  • Premium member
    Roverboy
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

recently my 30 mths son had been bitten by bedbugs all over the body,we found some on the matttress, so we change a new 1 and same goes to the pillow and bloster, but the problem still surface.. any1 had engage a pest control company to kill the bugs? wat are the procedure and cost?

thanks in advance
-------------------------------------------------------------
Power Is Nothing Without Control, Its The Driver Not The Car
why list all mods?

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:34 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Check the bedframe and all corners in the bedroom thoroughly. Use insecticide to spray will do. Important is to eliminate the source. Otherwise, no matter how many new mattresses you buy, it's of no use.

Hint: those tiny crevices/gaps are their favourite hiding place.

Edited by Kangadrool, 03 February 2010 - 10:35 PM.

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:46 PM

Berncsp76
  • Premium member
    Berncsp76
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

yeah TS you should find out the source coz the problem will enlarge if not killed it once and for all.

If you wana save cost then can buy those bedbugs spray. Mustafa got sell, i think around $15 per can. But you need to be very patient to check all nooks and crevices for their nests...

Throw away all items if they some how or rather are connected as they may have its eggs in it. Maybe have to put up your son to sleep in another room. Throw away his clothings that comes in contact too.

If all are too troublesome you can engage pest controller...pesticare, ardwolf etc if I am not wrong. Quite good.

I am the XMM TIKO RANGER!

Success is a journey...not a destination - Steven Gerrard

Dare we dream...YNWA!

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:52 PM

Scenic98
  • Scenic98
    4th Gear
    Author Image

ensure the caregivers are also clean. if your domestic help is new and fresh from her homeland, check her hygiene.

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:31 AM

Tarzan666
  • Tarzan666
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

bed bugs are the hardest to kill & they multiply fast, they come out at nite at dark areas..
If confirm its in ur son room..better contain it before it spread to the whole house.

bed frames, cracks on walls, cupboards all muz be checked. clothes(muz be cleaned in hot water)...

Dat time when i rent out my place, my tenants complained got bed bucks..i suspect is them coz the exterminator say the problem is new.
Anyway i hired the company, origin, got the cheapest quote..400+ for whole maisonette, 2 treatments in total.

let them check if u lazy to do so.
MCF PS3 Clan 1)Dj_spike:Dj_Shahril 2)Fireball0088:hsb0088 3)Tarzan666:sardin69 4)Tonyhawk:yaharoko 5)Ah_Cow:Ah_Cow 6)Kingcopa:thegod09 7)Freestylers09:freestylers09 8)Wreckwrx:wreckwrx 9)Galantspeedz:accordH22A 10)Unltd:Unltd8 11)Ixus:luckytan 12)Limahmao:limahmao 13)Skylander:rico7ch3t 14)Little_prince:The_king137 15)Hub_n_mona:trebuh007 16)Angguguay:itsagg 17)Ni_Ni10: ni_ni10 18)Windchoco : windchoco 19)King:Ah_nei 20)Tansrb:Tansrb 21)Nlatio: nlatio 22)MadDog70:XTheDarkSideX 23)Tkesper:Tkesper 24)Mazdaowner:SGSEAL64 25)Introz:intro82 26)Thefear:TheFury31 27)Unfair:pepi18022009 28)Ad23:ad23tzj 29)Josho:pboong 30)Lectrosphere:Lectrosphere 31)Bonafidestack:bonafidejack 32)East539:fronsi 33)Pokyman:nicktakenup 34)Antonee:YuYu_Nov 35)Legacyx:Rigares 36)Zac:ZacharySim 37)Thargor:Thargor-Orlando 38)Shorty:STR8_ACE07 39)Mrmilktooth:mrmilktooth 40)VellfireS:VellfireS 41) Elmo:Havock3662

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:12 AM

Bicolor
  • Premium member
    Bicolor
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Just spraying insecticide will not work long term as it won't kill the eggs. Also, the bugs will become immune eventually. Pest control in Singapore is quite regulated so most companies should have a certain standard and be able to treat it - call around and go with the one which gives the best quote as well as being able to answer your questions confidently and efficiently.

One trick I heard from an old veteran in the industry - leave either a durian husk or soursop leaves on the affected bed. I have never worked with him personally nor had a chance to try it myself so I cannot comment on how effective it is, but it is natural and worth a try. Since not many people would tolerate the smell of a durian husk on their beds, soursop leaves would be a better bet.

Posted 04 February 2010 - 08:09 AM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Just spraying insecticide will not work long term as it won't kill the eggs. Also, the bugs will become immune eventually. Pest control in Singapore is quite regulated so most companies should have a certain standard and be able to treat it - call around and go with the one which gives the best quote as well as being able to answer your questions confidently and efficiently.

One trick I heard from an old veteran in the industry - leave either a durian husk or soursop leaves on the affected bed. I have never worked with him personally nor had a chance to try it myself so I cannot comment on how effective it is, but it is natural and worth a try. Since not many people would tolerate the smell of a durian husk on their beds, soursop leaves would be a better bet.

Soursop is ang aor durian, right? The leave very hard to find.

Posted 04 February 2010 - 08:56 AM

PaiKia-Lee
  • PaiKia-Lee
    4th Gear
    Author Image

recently my 30 mths son had been bitten by bedbugs all over the body,we found some on the matttress, so we change a new 1 and same goes to the pillow and bloster, but the problem still surface.. any1 had engage a pest control company to kill the bugs? wat are the procedure and cost?

thanks in advance

It is damn difficult to kill them. Its in the hundreds as many many more are hiding inside the wooden planks and wooden legs. The best is to CHANGE the entire bed, sheets, wooden planks, and whole bed altogether and get a new one after u have cleaned up the room. Trust me, its very difficult to get rid of them altogether.

Posted 04 February 2010 - 08:57 AM

Dtitan
  • Premium member
    Dtitan
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Had a wooden door once infected with dunno what insect,
everytime will leave small bits on the toilet floor.
Remove door twice to sun & spray (whole can) insecticide
also no use.
Give up, change new door...so far so good.

Maybe TS can try to sun the affected mattress...etc
Use insecticide using water base type, at least not oily.

Posted 04 February 2010 - 09:04 AM

Sgnick
  • Sgnick
    6th Gear
    Author Image

thanks in advance

These links will help you

http://www.bedbuginf...eline-trick.php

http://waronbedbugs....d-once-you.html

http://bedbugger.com...-andor-vaseline

http://bedbugger.com...ed-bugs-part-i/

And for the spray that can kill bedbugs, buy from Enta, $50 for 4L, can spray your whole house 10x
http://www.enta.com.sg/

And buy this powder for your floor, can get from some pet shops, eg http://www.petsgantry.com/
Diatomaceous Earth, a white powder made from fossilized algae called diatoms. Diatomaceous earth is a desiccant; it kills bedbugs by dehydrating them but isn't supposed to be harmful to humans or pets, although breathing it is not pleasant.

Edited by Sgnick, 04 February 2010 - 09:09 AM.

Hey, I have my own personal MCF stalker! Have u gotten yours yet?
QUOTE (Booboon @ Jan 24 2011, 12:05 AM) *
Er, something abt sgnick if that might interest u.
1. Drives an opc g spec sienta. Green colour.
2. Lives in hougang and has alot of money. At least that wat he claims.
3. Is a Chinese male in his 30s n wear specs.
4. Hangs around sgsienta. The forum is dead anyway.

Posted 04 February 2010 - 09:09 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Read the "control & elimination" in Wikipedia on bedbugs.
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 04 February 2010 - 09:10 AM

Bicolor
  • Premium member
    Bicolor
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Soursop is ang aor durian, right? The leave very hard to find.

Yes I think so.
I kind of remember seeing it at the Botanic Gardens. Not the usual section near the main entrance or near the Tanglin Core, but rather within the Bukit Timah Core. Of course, plucking from there is out of the question.
Some of the farms around Kranji, Lim Chu Kang or Choa Chu Kang might have it too.

Remember though that I cannot vouch for the effectiveness of this method, so I wouldn't suggest going out of the way to find these leaves. It would be good to try if you have ready access to the leaves.

Posted 22 May 2010 - 08:57 PM

Goddanner
  • Goddanner
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi guys, i am doing a study on bed bug in Singapore for my school's final year project as it seems like u guys have some experiences with bed bugs in Singapore. Your help to the study would be greatly appreciated.

You are being invited to take part in a survey about bed bugs conducted by Origin Exterminators (website: www.origin.com.sg) acting as an external collaborator for a team of 5 Republic Polytechnic students in their Final Year Research Project. The students need to obtain data from the general public.

The purpose of this survey is for you to tell us what you think or recognise about bed bugs. We are also interested in knowing your opinion about available bed bug treatments methods.

Brief synopsis of the research project
Understanding the perceived levels and impact of bedbug incidence as a public health vector in Singapore.

In line with the growing trend globally, bedbugs seems to be a rising concern for globalised cities. Currently, pest management companies and homeowners are dealing with this vector in a variety of ways and techniques.

Understanding the current levels of awareness in the public about the pest and also the perceived incidence will give us a base level of the extent of presence of bedbugs in Singapore. We also hope to understand the baseline underpinning knowledge of the public in regards to the biology and control strategies available.

Please note that there is no right or wrong answer to any question, and we are only interested in your perceptions and feedback. This survey should take approximately 10 minutes to complete.

We assure you that the responses provided by you will not be linked to any personal identifying information. Your participation in this study is voluntary and you are free to quit at any time.

We thank you again for your willingness to participate in this study. Please feel free to contact us if you need any additional information.

The survey link:Public Bed Bug survey

ps: i am 1 of the student responsible in this final year project. laugh.gif

Sincerely,
Caroline De Hamel
Origin Exterminators
caroline.com.sg

Edited by Goddanner, 22 May 2010 - 09:01 PM.

Posted 22 May 2010 - 09:19 PM

So_nice
  • Premium member
    So_nice
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

they can be anywhere in the room..by throwing away the old bed and frames doesnt solve the problem. suggest u get pro help and remove all the items inside if possible. only buy new bed when u're certain everything is back to normal.
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

还我河山!!!

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:51 AM

Goddanner
  • Goddanner
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

any views on the survey?

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:35 PM

Pamelasim
  • Pamelasim
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

thanks in advance

I got the same problem too.
I am using Pest Exterminator
Bedbugs are really scary!
Good luck to you!

Edited by Pamelasim, 29 January 2012 - 05:36 PM.

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:55 PM

Tuna_seng
  • Tuna_seng
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Good night!

Sleep tight!

Don't let the bed bugs bite!

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:16 PM

Doosan
  • Premium member
    Doosan
    5th Gear
    Author Image

recently my 30 mths son had been bitten by bedbugs all over the body,we found some on the matttress, so we change a new 1 and same goes to the pillow and bloster, but the problem still surface.. any1 had engage a pest control company to kill the bugs? wat are the procedure and cost?thanks in advance

those old days, grandma always placed glutinous rice (tat type of rice we use to make dumplings) under matress, bed frames, floor, more hygenic than chemical spray idea.gif

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:44 PM

Stanchiam
  • Stanchiam
    4th Gear
    Author Image

thanks in advance

reason it resurface is because u have not destroyed all their hiding places
changing to new mattress etc is useless and waste money
u should buy those bed bug spray and spray it all over the mattress etc instead
most important is the frame of the bed and joints / corners which it like to hide

my idea and suggestion is to buy those steam spray and use it to steam clean all the surface of the mattress, bedframe etc
the steam will have cooked all those bugs if u do it repeatedly
if want to save money, get a bottle of baygon and spray it then let all dry, should kill it too
remember, they hide near joints of the bedframe.
Good luck

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:15 PM

Canarywharfgooner
  • Canarywharfgooner
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Other than cleaning the furniture and bed set, have you brought the kiddo to check for scabies?
Leaving behind the Beemers and Mercs

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Bedbugs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users