Bedbugs

Roverboy

recently my 30 mths son had been bitten by bedbugs all over the body,we found some on the matttress, so we change a new 1 and same goes to the pillow and bloster, but the problem still surface.. any1 had engage a pest control company to kill the bugs? wat are the procedure and cost?

thanks in advance

↡ Advertisement

Check the bedframe and all corners in the bedroom thoroughly. Use insecticide to spray will do. Important is to eliminate the source. Otherwise, no matter how many new mattresses you buy, it's of no use.

Hint: those tiny crevices/gaps are their favourite hiding place.

Edited by Kangadrool

yeah TS you should find out the source coz the problem will enlarge if not killed it once and for all.

If you wana save cost then can buy those bedbugs spray. Mustafa got sell, i think around $15 per can. But you need to be very patient to check all nooks and crevices for their nests...

Throw away all items if they some how or rather are connected as they may have its eggs in it. Maybe have to put up your son to sleep in another room. Throw away his clothings that comes in contact too.

If all are too troublesome you can engage pest controller...pesticare, ardwolf etc if I am not wrong. Quite good.

bed bugs are the hardest to kill & they multiply fast, they come out at nite at dark areas..

If confirm its in ur son room..better contain it before it spread to the whole house.

bed frames, cracks on walls, cupboards all muz be checked. clothes(muz be cleaned in hot water)...

Dat time when i rent out my place, my tenants complained got bed bucks..i suspect is them coz the exterminator say the problem is new.

Anyway i hired the company, origin, got the cheapest quote..400+ for whole maisonette, 2 treatments in total.

let them check if u lazy to do so.

Just spraying insecticide will not work long term as it won't kill the eggs. Also, the bugs will become immune eventually. Pest control in Singapore is quite regulated so most companies should have a certain standard and be able to treat it - call around and go with the one which gives the best quote as well as being able to answer your questions confidently and efficiently.

One trick I heard from an old veteran in the industry - leave either a durian husk or soursop leaves on the affected bed. I have never worked with him personally nor had a chance to try it myself so I cannot comment on how effective it is, but it is natural and worth a try. Since not many people would tolerate the smell of a durian husk on their beds, soursop leaves would be a better bet.

Just spraying insecticide will not work long term as it won't kill the eggs. Also, the bugs will become immune eventually. Pest control in Singapore is quite regulated so most companies should have a certain standard and be able to treat it - call around and go with the one which gives the best quote as well as being able to answer your questions confidently and efficiently.

One trick I heard from an old veteran in the industry - leave either a durian husk or soursop leaves on the affected bed. I have never worked with him personally nor had a chance to try it myself so I cannot comment on how effective it is, but it is natural and worth a try. Since not many people would tolerate the smell of a durian husk on their beds, soursop leaves would be a better bet.

Soursop is ang aor durian, right? The leave very hard to find.

recently my 30 mths son had been bitten by bedbugs all over the body,we found some on the matttress, so we change a new 1 and same goes to the pillow and bloster, but the problem still surface.. any1 had engage a pest control company to kill the bugs? wat are the procedure and cost?

thanks in advance

It is damn difficult to kill them. Its in the hundreds as many many more are hiding inside the wooden planks and wooden legs. The best is to CHANGE the entire bed, sheets, wooden planks, and whole bed altogether and get a new one after u have cleaned up the room. Trust me, its very difficult to get rid of them altogether.

Had a wooden door once infected with dunno what insect,

everytime will leave small bits on the toilet floor.

Remove door twice to sun & spray (whole can) insecticide

also no use.

Give up, change new door...so far so good.

Maybe TS can try to sun the affected mattress...etc

Use insecticide using water base type, at least not oily.

thanks in advance

These links will help you

http://www.bedbuginfo.com/bedbug-vaseline-trick.php

http://waronbedbugs.blogspot.com/2006/12/h...d-once-you.html

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/double-si...-andor-vaseline

http://bedbugger.com/2006/11/02/faq-how-do...ed-bugs-part-i/

And for the spray that can kill bedbugs, buy from Enta, $50 for 4L, can spray your whole house 10x

http://www.enta.com.sg/

And buy this powder for your floor, can get from some pet shops, eg http://www.petsgantry.com/

Diatomaceous Earth, a white powder made from fossilized algae called diatoms. Diatomaceous earth is a desiccant; it kills bedbugs by dehydrating them but isn't supposed to be harmful to humans or pets, although breathing it is not pleasant.

Edited by Sgnick

Soursop is ang aor durian, right? The leave very hard to find.

Yes I think so.

I kind of remember seeing it at the Botanic Gardens. Not the usual section near the main entrance or near the Tanglin Core, but rather within the Bukit Timah Core. Of course, plucking from there is out of the question.

Some of the farms around Kranji, Lim Chu Kang or Choa Chu Kang might have it too.

Remember though that I cannot vouch for the effectiveness of this method, so I wouldn't suggest going out of the way to find these leaves. It would be good to try if you have ready access to the leaves.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi guys, i am doing a study on bed bug in Singapore for my school's final year project as it seems like u guys have some experiences with bed bugs in Singapore. Your help to the study would be greatly appreciated.

You are being invited to take part in a survey about bed bugs conducted by Origin Exterminators (website: www.origin.com.sg) acting as an external collaborator for a team of 5 Republic Polytechnic students in their Final Year Research Project. The students need to obtain data from the general public.

The purpose of this survey is for you to tell us what you think or recognise about bed bugs. We are also interested in knowing your opinion about available bed bug treatments methods.

Brief synopsis of the research project

Understanding the perceived levels and impact of bedbug incidence as a public health vector in Singapore.

In line with the growing trend globally, bedbugs seems to be a rising concern for globalised cities. Currently, pest management companies and homeowners are dealing with this vector in a variety of ways and techniques.

Understanding the current levels of awareness in the public about the pest and also the perceived incidence will give us a base level of the extent of presence of bedbugs in Singapore. We also hope to understand the baseline underpinning knowledge of the public in regards to the biology and control strategies available.

Please note that there is no right or wrong answer to any question, and we are only interested in your perceptions and feedback. This survey should take approximately 10 minutes to complete.

We assure you that the responses provided by you will not be linked to any personal identifying information. Your participation in this study is voluntary and you are free to quit at any time.

We thank you again for your willingness to participate in this study. Please feel free to contact us if you need any additional information.

The survey link:Public Bed Bug survey

ps: i am 1 of the student responsible in this final year project. [laugh]

Sincerely,

Caroline De Hamel

Origin Exterminators

[email protected]

Edited by Goddanner

they can be anywhere in the room..by throwing away the old bed and frames doesnt solve the problem. suggest u get pro help and remove all the items inside if possible. only buy new bed when u're certain everything is back to normal.

thanks in advance

I got the same problem too.

I am using Pest Exterminator

Bedbugs are really scary!

Good luck to you!

Edited by Pamelasim

recently my 30 mths son had been bitten by bedbugs all over the body,we found some on the matttress, so we change a new 1 and same goes to the pillow and bloster, but the problem still surface.. any1 had engage a pest control company to kill the bugs? wat are the procedure and cost?thanks in advance

those old days, grandma always placed glutinous rice (tat type of rice we use to make dumplings) under matress, bed frames, floor, more hygenic than chemical spray [idea]

↡ Advertisement