• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
68 replies to this topic | 121 praises

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:12 PM

Green_carnation
  • Green_carnation
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Just to check.. married or not do you give ang bao to your parents for CNY? Some said only if married then can give ang bao.. but does that apply to giving parents ang bao?

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:14 PM

Vextan
  • Vextan
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

yes. i think it is significant to them as cny is a time of giving well wishes.
There is only so much fortune a man really needs and the rest is just for showing off.

Little_prince
  • Premium member
    Little_prince
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i give $100 each .... cuz not earning a lot....
"Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it'll spend it's whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

HungryPaPa - https://instagram.com/hungrypapa/

Thargor
  • Thargor
    5th Gear
    Author Image

For me before marriage no....after marriage yes..
PSN ID: Thargor-Orlando

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:17 PM

Ahtong
  • Ahtong
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Only give to grandparents. Then we do the "need-no need-need-no need" routine laugh.gif

Edited by Ahtong, 04 February 2010 - 01:18 PM.

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:18 PM

Vextan
  • Vextan
    6th Gear
    Author Image

to fellow cookie monstress, i notice wherever i post, you post right after me. are you hitting on me ?
There is only so much fortune a man really needs and the rest is just for showing off.

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:21 PM

TangoElite
  • TangoElite
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Then we do the "need-no need-need-no need" routine laugh.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

that is funny cos it is so true laugh.gif laugh.gif
"If someone wants to help they have to change from doubter to believer" Jurgen Klopp, 9 Oct 2015

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:27 PM

Green_carnation
  • Green_carnation
    6th Gear
    Author Image

So before get married also can give ang bao to parents?

And i actually didnt notice there are so many cookie monsters.. all with different IDs..

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:29 PM

Joseph22
  • Premium member
    Joseph22
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yes i give.
Those who are for a cleaner MCF, change your avatar to a empty black image.

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:35 PM

Maroon5
  • Maroon5
    Supercharged
    Author Image

every yr since i started working..
Paul Scholes. He scores goals.

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:39 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Just to check.. married or not do you give ang bao to your parents for CNY? Some said only if married then can give ang bao.. but does that apply to giving parents ang bao?

OF COURSE.... how dare you not give.... laugh.gif laugh.gif
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:40 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

to fellow cookie monstress, i notice wherever i post, you post right after me. are you hitting on me ?

you have secret admirer since you were batman... dry.gif
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:08 PM

Ichibawa
  • Premium member
    Ichibawa
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Yes... right after I started working.

Posted 04 February 2010 - 08:48 PM

RedX
  • RedX
    Banned

I think this goes without saying.
The more important question is do you give your In Laws?

Posted 04 February 2010 - 09:00 PM

Melvinwcc
  • Melvinwcc
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Of cos it's a must ... thumbsup.gif

Posted 04 February 2010 - 09:39 PM

Benarsenal
  • Benarsenal
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

My parents still give me ang bao...

Posted 04 February 2010 - 09:42 PM

Vextan
  • Vextan
    6th Gear
    Author Image

how much money in total does each of you spend on giving ang bao each year ? changed new notes already ?

Posted 04 February 2010 - 09:43 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

how much money in total does each of you spend on giving ang bao each year ? changed new notes already ?

i change abt $600...then hand to wifey lah

RESPECT is only for the DEAD!

Posted 04 February 2010 - 10:06 PM

Vextan
  • Vextan
    6th Gear
    Author Image

i change abt $600...then hand to wifey lah

thanks dude, i change 500 this time. should be enough to give all the relative's children. i like the feel and smell of crisp new notes, they make you feel good.

Posted 05 February 2010 - 10:16 AM

Kopi_peng
  • Kopi_peng
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

my family tradition is to give before the CNY so parents can have money to spend on new year stuff and also reunion dinner. On actual NY day, used to be a token sum for 'good fortune'.

But since married and wife's side got diff practice of giving bigger angpow to parents on NY day, I also give to my parents same same....but my parents always 'return' it in form of angpow to my children biggrin.gif

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: give, parents

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users