Do you give parents Ang Bao for CNY?

Green_carnation

we can never outgive our parents. i say give as long as you can and as much as you can. we are also setting a good example for our kids. 

actually i just give 88 dollars to both side parents. my parents give us back same amount also so nett nett is the same. 

It's more for respect and well wishing lah then actually anything.

But i give my mum 1k every CNY for miscellaneous expenses.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

actually i just give 88 dollars to both side parents. my parents give us back same amount also so nett nett is the same. 

I give an amt I can afford after I got married.. My mum say no need to give as long as I sponsor her holiday once a year  :ouch-it-hurts: .. But eventually I still give la.. haha.. :XD:

• Praise 1

I give an amt I can afford after I got married.. My mum say no need to give as long as I sponsor her holiday once a year  :ouch-it-hurts: .. But eventually I still give la.. haha.. :XD:

maybe giving angpao is cheaper than sponsor of holiday :XD: 

i'm more heng than you cause my parents dont like to travel, and my in-laws will always try to pay for their share. 

maybe giving angpao is cheaper than sponsor of holiday :XD:

i'm more heng than you cause my parents dont like to travel, and my in-laws will always try to pay for their share. 

Ok la... My mum say only.. she don't travel every year 1 la.. And most of the time I will share with my sibling so still ok.. 

• Praise 2

We have similar practice. My parents will keep a token amount and give back the rest to me, wifey and kids. So i usually give them kopi money to ensure they don't dig into their savings for CNY.
  • Praise 3

Parents being considerate for their children will always say no need. But in their heart, I believe each will feel very very consoled if children do their part (not only about monetary stuff). 

Being a parent myself, I will also say that, so I dun really "obey" them in this respect and get myself out for doing nothing.

Hand to heart, most important is just give your best and not having to rely on self-consolation justification or do things just to let other people see. 

Edited by Alfc
  • Praise 1

I'm rather fortunate.

My own and in-laws will always return whatever amount we give them

It's just a formality for giving good wishes only

1. give them pocket money to buy cny stuff and new clothing,

2. change money for them to bao angbao,

3. the actual ang bao on CNY.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4