15K servicing at Skoda Service Centre

Velocity73

Went for my 15k car servicing and waited for the whole day for my car even though the service centre promise me that the car will be ready within 4 hours.

What turns me off is that there is no waiting area, no sofa, no TV, no drinks and not even newspaper for customers to read while waiting for their car.

Wondering if Harvest Motor is really interested in the business a not?

↡ Advertisement

Thats funny.....mine only took half a day....Jason had the car back for me after lunch....

But yeah I agree with you on the waiting area....totally blank with nothing.....not even plain water.....guess you gotta give them some time.....when I collected my car they didnt even have this service centre and I collected my car alongside Geelys :wacko: .....

.....but if you think about it.....the darned Geely logo really looks abit like the Skoda one from far [laugh] [laugh]

hi Skoddies

Wife and I went over to Star (part of ST Kinetics) and their new workshop and inspection center. Wow, nice waiting and lobby area, with free use of their Internet terminals, the staff were very helpful, served great coffee (from what they said is a 15k machine), and the receptionist was helpful in getting me a cab to my next appointment.

To me, service is everything.

blessings

+

Not so bad lah. Few mths back I send my Roomster for service. The new service place just open on ground level.

Got table and chair at the waiting area. Got power point also.

Plug in laptop and surf net and watch movie. Before movie over, car ready for collection. Clean bill of health, paid the bill and left with a smile.

Last wed send for the free CNY check up, again clean bill of health. Left car there, walk over to autobacs look see followed by lunch at coffee shop beside driving ctr. Before lunch over, car is ready for collection. Again, left with a smile.

So far I am happy with HA service.

I can do without coffee, tea or even aircon or nice service ctr.

Most important is get the job (service/repair car) done correctly, efficiently and at a reasonable cost.

I least I don't get the BS, 6:30 jobs from C&C when I was driving a Mitsubitshi.

Be thankful no need call tow truck 1 day after major 60k service. Thats the standard of C&C.

Actually, besides servicing i also update my HU unit, so it took a while longer.

However, i feel that since i bought the car at a high price, i will expect higher standard of after sales services. It does not matter whether i wait or i come back tp pick up the car, my point is that since I have paid for the car,then basic after sales services is expected. At least give the customer a better equip waiting area.

This is my thoughts and how i feel.

Anybody has problems engaging their gears to tiptronic, mine is stucked. Can see the indicator that tiptronic is being engaged, but can't move the gear lever up or down. It's somehow stuck in between the tiptronic and Drive selection.

Thought same lineage so should have our records? hmmm.....

Recently my heater spoil. I call HA to check whether it is still under warranty. HA said they don't have all the old skoda records. Unless I can show them my copy of the warranty.

This sounded quite lame. The car is warrantied for 3 years or 60,000km, the registration date should be enough to calculate the age of the car.

Cost saving measures? why does the owner needs to prove, they should be the one to prove it is not. Besides they do not tell you what is warrantied and what is not, that is the ultimate.

This sounded quite lame. The car is warrantied for 3 years or 60,000km, the registration date should be enough to calculate the age of the car.

Cost saving measures? why does the owner needs to prove, they should be the one to prove it is not. Besides they do not tell you what is warrantied and what is not, that is the ultimate.

They are trying to tell us that they are not oblige to service old Skoda owners, only for good will. That is why they change from CA to HA.

Btw, just read the strait times that Volkwagen was formerly under them, but after Volkwagen break away and manage themself, they are doing very well.

Edited by Funkyjazz

In my view, when a company is bought over, it is quite log stock barrel, especially in the responsibilities side of things. If so, I feel that our guys here should write in officially to Skoda in Czech Republic and VW to clarify the issues/stand.

From the way it sounded and at the rate the companies changed, JT, CA now HA within 8 years...wow...it spells bad reputation, faith in the brand. eg...If I buy a car with company A today, when someone else takes over tomorrow, it is not warrantied ??? !!! then I am screwed big time. Good faith is important but not when it is expected.

In my view, when a company is bought over, it is quite log stock barrel, especially in the responsibilities side of things. If so, I feel that our guys here should write in officially to Skoda in Czech Republic and VW to clarify the issues/stand.

From the way it sounded and at the rate the companies changed, JT, CA now HA within 8 years...wow...it spells bad reputation, faith in the brand. eg...If I buy a car with company A today, when someone else takes over tomorrow, it is not warrantied ??? !!! then I am screwed big time. Good faith is important but not when it is expected.

Hmmm..... best case scenario is Skoda Auto comes in and take over distributorship, like VW? That would be something! [idea]

↡ Advertisement