Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
45 replies to this topic | 3 praises

Posted 20 February 2010 - 01:50 PM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Last Feb09, I mentioned to forumers here that i recommended my uncle (prev Sunny) and colleague (prev Vios) to the Forte.

Now's a year on, I was at my Uncle's place for CNY visitation.

We spoke about cars, and i was lamenting to him about my 9-10km/litre FC for my mz3 1.6SP.

He shocked me with his 7km/litre figure for his manual 1.6 forte!

i nearly fell off my chair, and for one moment again, agreed that Korean cars still have lots of catching up to do in FC aspect. He also pointed out that he should have gotten a FC friendly altis instead.

I regretted introducing this car to him...

The puzzling thing he mentioned about his forte is that it prefers hard revving to achieve good FC, while gentle driving hurts FC tremendously.

To cut the story short, i went down with him to have a go at his forte, and it's when he showed me the FC trip display.

6.8L/100km

We had a good laugh together.

Edited by Friendstar, 20 February 2010 - 01:51 PM.

Posted 20 February 2010 - 01:55 PM

Vextan
  • Vextan
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

i fully agree with the hard revving part. many people think driving slowly helps to achieve goof fc, which from my own experience, is the contrary. i think the reason is because drive slowly will stay in low gear, and cause the rpm to be high all the time, and vice versa. thats why my previous car, i used to drive quite hard, i still can achieve a respectable 13km/hr over the years, and i mean reallly accelerating briskly from rest. another way to achieve good fc, is actually very simple, i.e. make sure your tires are well inflated.

Edited by Vextan, 20 February 2010 - 01:56 PM.

There is only so much fortune a man really needs and the rest is just for showing off.

Posted 20 February 2010 - 01:56 PM

Icyfreakass
  • Premium member
    Icyfreakass
    5th Gear
    Author Image

wow thats 14km per l
Visit our one-stop bulbstore at the sponsor's thread.!!!!

Tons of pictures added.(page 27)
Go to last page for new products.

New DRLs are in.--->
http://www.mycarforu...o...2970&st=580
Pg29 for installed pics.

---------------------------

Posted 20 February 2010 - 02:30 PM

Ldawn88
  • Premium member
    Ldawn88
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Irregardless of hard or soft revving, my Allion always gives me >16km/l.

Koreans are getting good in the FC department too. It seems.
============================================================================

Posted 20 February 2010 - 02:44 PM

Vooth
  • Premium member
    Vooth
    6th Gear
    Author Image

But your uncle should suspect he might be wrong by the amount of petrol he spent per month mah?

Posted 20 February 2010 - 02:50 PM

Desmondtwb
  • Desmondtwb
    Banned

14 - 1 = 13km/l seems like a good figure for the forte, always heard it's a drinker ?
So who's telling the truth ?
12-13 vs 9-10km/l

Posted 20 February 2010 - 02:52 PM

Lucaswh
  • Lucaswh
    5th Gear
    Author Image

my 1.6 manual Koup is giving me an average about 8 liter/100km..

Posted 20 February 2010 - 03:04 PM

Octopus
  • Premium member
    Octopus
    Supercharged
    Author Image

14 - 1 = 13km/l seems like a good figure for the forte, always heard it's a drinker ?
So who's telling the truth ?
12-13 vs 9-10km/l

i think alot depend on the usual road condition and driving style. For example, my manual Lancer CS3 having ancient 4G18 engine can get as good as >15km/l (did that in 3 consecutive tankfull topup) to around 12km/l when I drive like a mad man. drivingcar.gif Mostly >13km/l without much effort.

Posted 20 February 2010 - 05:28 PM

Spurman
  • Spurman
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Last Feb09, I mentioned to forumers here that i recommended my uncle (prev Sunny) and colleague (prev Vios) to the Forte.

Now's a year on, I was at my Uncle's place for CNY visitation.

We spoke about cars, and i was lamenting to him about my 9-10km/litre FC for my mz3 1.6SP.

He shocked me with his 7km/litre figure for his manual 1.6 forte!

i nearly fell off my chair, and for one moment again, agreed that Korean cars still have lots of catching up to do in FC aspect. He also pointed out that he should have gotten a FC friendly altis instead.

I regretted introducing this car to him...

The puzzling thing he mentioned about his forte is that it prefers hard revving to achieve good FC, while gentle driving hurts FC tremendously.

To cut the story short, i went down with him to have a go at his forte, and it's when he showed me the FC trip display.

6.8L/100km

Tats a good one man..

Posted 20 February 2010 - 05:40 PM

Ghostami
  • Ghostami
    5th Gear
    Author Image

My manual rio also has the same problem, if I maintain below 2.5krpm, my fc is like sh*t, if I rev above 3krpm constant, I can get 13-14km/l constantly... Maybe it is because of the heavy body of the car, but the power is good after 3krpm.

Posted 20 February 2010 - 06:12 PM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Tats a good one man..

yeap... i guess many such ah jeks still have the misconceptions about km/litre vs litre/100km.

Posted 20 February 2010 - 06:13 PM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

But your uncle should suspect he might be wrong by the amount of petrol he spent per month mah?

he and his son share the car,

sometimes he pumps, sometimes his son pumps.

so its harder to monitor.

Posted 20 February 2010 - 07:06 PM

Zyrofillica
  • Premium member
    Zyrofillica
    6th Gear
    Author Image

no wonder he say he drive gently FC up, cos 8L/100km looks like a better figure but its actually higher consumption! laugh.gif ur uncle blur sotong.

Posted 21 February 2010 - 04:36 AM

Vooth
  • Premium member
    Vooth
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Sodez.... flowerface.gif

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:43 AM

Octopus
  • Premium member
    Octopus
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Did your uncle do a manual calculation to see what is the deviation between the actual FC vs car calculated FC?

Was his previous Sunny also manual transmission? I hear MT Sunny FC is ok, unlike the autos ones. Did he mentioned how his FC for his Sunny?

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:48 AM

Endless373
  • Endless373
    Clutched
    Author Image

FC figures from the trip meter might not be accurate... but 7+km/l is like driving a rex...

Way back when i drove the 1st gen KIA Rio 1.3 manual, I was just getting only 10km/l for such light car.

seems the korean made still have alot to catch up in terms of FC.

Posted 21 February 2010 - 10:22 AM

Atlantis80
  • Premium member
    Atlantis80
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

FC figures from the trip meter might not be accurate... but 7+km/l is like driving a rex...

Way back when i drove the 1st gen KIA Rio 1.3 manual, I was just getting only 10km/l for such light car.

seems the korean made still have alot to catch up in terms of FC.

Dude, you didn't read the entire post from TS.
He said his uncle thought that his FC was 7km/l. Only towards the end of his post, then he clarified that the FC was 6.8l/100km.

Posted 21 February 2010 - 01:53 PM

Toalson
  • Premium member
    Toalson
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Impressive. thumbsup.gif

Posted 21 February 2010 - 01:59 PM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Impressive. thumbsup.gif

What is impressive?
The fc?
I would say it's a reasonable fc.

Honda city auto can easily achieve that

Posted 21 February 2010 - 02:17 PM

Jolie888
  • Jolie888
    Banned

6.8L/100km

Hehe, that's what actually ran through my mind when I read your first few sentences.
I thought it must have been 7L/100km that your uncle had in mind!

Back to Korean Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users