Skoda Wins Two Car of the Year awards for 2009 on TopGear

Echelon

Yes. Skoda is an underrated car here......no thanks to all the previous distributors. Current one yet to be judge.

Same as some other brand such as Opel. The local service is simply poor either due to a lack of profitability or mismanagement.

Brands such as Skoda, Opel, Citroen, etc, becoz they don't have the quantity in sales, their tech's troubleshooting skills are usually very poor and their inventory also very poor. So this become a double whammy.

1) Techs doesn't really know what's wrong with the car

2) Even if they think they know, the parts might not be available and got to wait 2 to 3 weeks just for parts to arrive...

So if one decided to go for "ulu" conti car, this is one drawback that one has to live with.

I cannot comment about the other brands but Skoda third party servicing is very fast as they share command parts with Volkswagen and Audi. And there is no premium to it too.

Usually for a full service takes about 3 to 4 hours. And cost are acceptable.

Yes. Skoda is an underrated car here......no thanks to all the previous distributors. Current one yet to be judge.

Same as some other brand such as Opel. The local service is simply poor either due to a lack of profitability or mismanagement.

Brands such as Skoda, Opel, Citroen, etc, becoz they don't have the quantity in sales, their tech's troubleshooting skills are usually very poor and their inventory also very poor. So this become a double whammy.

1) Techs doesn't really know what's wrong with the car

2) Even if they think they know, the parts might not be available and got to wait 2 to 3 weeks just for parts to arrive...

So if one decided to go for "ulu" conti car, this is one drawback that one has to live with.

Price is still the problem. the agent charges an octavia a cool $90k without considering skoda is

still an inferior brand to many who still think cars are only made by toyota and honda.

skoda is not VW, though i cannot tell the difference in the build & quality of both, the agent cannot ask for a executive

japanese car for a skoda's mid-size saloon.

SGeans still believe japanese brands even though their kingpin Toyota is facing major reliability issue.

if Skoda wants to be in SG market, this is the time, and should be more aggressive than ever.

BTW, i am looking for a pre-owned skoda octavia or a ford focus since last year, hardly have i see any skoda

in the market.

Edited by Veryfree

Skodas, are reliable workhorse and they can last the distance.

Engine runs smooth. Material of the shell if taken care of shines and looks good. Interior if taken care of feels new and plastics are above average for my model. Superb 1.

Just had my ride touch up around the car those little nicks and scratches....wow. today got the car back and feels new. As I do polish it once in a while and the interior I pamper it a lot looks no older than a 2 year old car, even though it is 4 years old with 130,000 km on it already. :)

Neutral Newbie

Totally agreed Skoda is an underrated car here.....if not for this forum I'd still be unaware of this brand ^_^

Still love my car after driving it for a year......am getting headrest monitors to complete the limousine feel soon [bounce1]

Hi all,

Just to share that I came to be aware of Skoda's improvement in quality,etc. from the Top Gear awards edition. I was skeptical, but then decided to pay the showroom a visit last week because I was on the look out for a replacement for my Focus. Sufficed to say, I was won over and am now waiting for the delivery of my Superb Elegance, hopefully sometime this week!

Have a good week!

Congrats! Skoda is a well built quality car with an exceptionally good engine and dual clutch system, it is one of those hidden gems. Glad you found yours! :)

When it is time my ride will be another Skoda....just enjoy it. Mine is a previous model, 136,000 km and going strong!

Hi Beanoyip, thanks for the invite! Looking forward to meet up with the rest of the gang.

Hi Echelon, good to hear that - the reliability issue was something that I was not to sure of, but feeling how solidly the car is put together helped to dispell some of the concern.

I also raised to the SE some of the complaints I heard on this forum about the servicing costs, and as a result, they agreed to throw in the first 3 servicing for free (ie. parts and labour FOC)! So this forum has already helped me save some money!

Hi all,

Just to share that I came to be aware of Skoda's improvement in quality,etc. from the Top Gear awards edition. I was skeptical, but then decided to pay the showroom a visit last week because I was on the look out for a replacement for my Focus. Sufficed to say, I was won over and am now waiting for the delivery of my Superb Elegance, hopefully sometime this week!

Have a good week!

Welcome welcome! What color you got?

but it never win singapore car of the year as we are living in singapore, we need it unless we live in uk -_-

How to win when majority of car owners here are Tomyams, Sushis and Kimchis fans? [sleeping] I say we go for the steak! [laugh]

How to win when majority of car owners here are Tomyams, Sushis and Kimchis fans? [sleeping] I say we go for the steak! [laugh]

how about beer fans?? i mean Hitler fans [shocked]

↡ Advertisement