Skoda Wins Two Car of the Year awards for 2009 on TopGear

Echelon

Neutral Newbie

Thought you already secured your COE? It COE is already secured, the value is already made known to you...

I doubt HA would be so stupid to pull such a stunt.

Hope you get your ride soon. [cool]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

HI Echelon,

Need your advice on this. my octavia A4 door window seems to b dislodge from the door motor, the motor produce 'cluck cluck' sound when i press up or down. But the technician (who dun seems quite kowledgeable with skoda cars) tells me the regulator is spoil w/o checking. Is there any way which i can repair ?

There's the DIY guru bro 'Fortress' that you can contact or send it to a vag workshop to have it checked out. You'll need to remove the door panel to see what went wrong.

Sounded like the common problem for octy tour - the lifter arm.

HI Echelon,

Need your advice on this. my octavia A4 door window seems to b dislodge from the door motor, the motor produce 'cluck cluck' sound when i press up or down. But the technician (who dun seems quite kowledgeable with skoda cars) tells me the regulator is spoil w/o checking. Is there any way which i can repair ?

Hi bro, the resident guru, Fortress - will be a better person to reply as he is a DIY man that many of us ahem - "bow to" as he dose the things we only dream about.....I am probably those who will take apart an engine and when I fix it back, a single screw is left on the ground.....:)

Bro Fortress you help is needed to our Rockbed828 bro here.

HI Echelon,

This is super common on the A4 platform. Your mechanic is right. Just set aside $300 for the repair. <_< Just curious, how old is your car ?

Thought you already secured your COE? It COE is already secured, the value is already made known to you...

I doubt HA would be so stupid to pull such a stunt.

Hope you get your ride soon. [cool]

Finally! The saga is over! Took delivery of my Superb yesterday. But not the black one, unfortunately. Part still not in and so I lost patience and asked for a new unit from the next delivery. As it turned out, there was a white superb that the buyer chose not to go ahead with the purchase, and so I agreed to go for it instead. The silver lining is that this unit comes with the fin arial like the 5-series.

Loving the drive. Just trying to figure out the Columbus touch screen system. The not-so-well written manual isn't helping!

Neutral Newbie

Great choice in colour. I am torn between the white and the black colour as well during my selection.

Went for the black simply becos white may be harder to maintain. [laugh]

Finally! The saga is over! Took delivery of my Superb yesterday. But not the black one, unfortunately. Part still not in and so I lost patience and asked for a new unit from the next delivery. As it turned out, there was a white superb that the buyer chose not to go ahead with the purchase, and so I agreed to go for it instead. The silver lining is that this unit comes with the fin arial like the 5-series.

Loving the drive. Just trying to figure out the Columbus touch screen system. The not-so-well written manual isn't helping!

but isn't it strange that they didn't paint the antenna to body colour?

but isn't it strange that they didn't paint the antenna to body colour?

Ha, never noticed this until you mentioned it! Anyway, the black antenna fin goes with the colour scheme I have going with the car anyway - black and white!

↡ Advertisement