Cheapest tyre

Gentoro

Well, recently I have been hopping ard tyre shops and previously since dec 09, I been surfing here for garage tire sales from 2nd hand seller. Maybe its just my luck, unable to accomplish a swap between seller due to many reason eg. PCD wrong size, unable to find correct sizing until meet up (seller duno) and unable to find tires for swap after 7pm (seller OPC) etc...

So I tok, since my tires still able to last me a couple months more latest till Mar/Apr 2010, I took my time browsing ard, looking for 2nd tires with correct size or garage sales. Till date, none was suitable. I know the cheaper is to do a swap with a going to scrap car but very hard luck to find suitable size and PCD.

So I wondering, anyone can recommend me the cheapest 195/60/15 or 195/65/15 tires (new) you were using and how much in local SG workshop? I have check with a few JB WS, they offer me even more exp then tyrepac pricing.

Reason for looking cheapest tire is because car scape period in mid 2011 while my car usage monthly is about 1000km (12000 km per year) which isn't much or is it?

Cheapest I read here was this call "Thunderar" tyre by bridgestone costing ard $85 per pc in AMK. Any more cheaper recommendation?

↡ Advertisement

I think China brand tyres are the cheapest. There is one brand called Wanli. its grip is so awesome that pple said its suicidal to use the tyres.

There is also Nankang.

Hi care to give some feeback for your 595EVO? i'm planning to change to this model next month. ^_^

i thk for the price, its ok. noise acceptable. i thot its supposed to be a performance tyre, but the sidewalls seem pretty soft to me. some have commented that this tyre is heavy...im not too sure but i do experience "heavier" pickup, could b butt dyno, cld be the grip too...

for more info, u can check out the evo 595 thread.. cheers :D

15 inch tires alone is common and there's nothing to do with PCD unless you are looking for rims as well.

There is someone selling 185/65/15 now.

Actually doing tyre swap 2nd hand tyre preferably to do rim swap without removing the tyre from rim. Tyre shop dun recommend that procedure to remove tyres and swapped, as the air seal is easily loosen which is why tyre + rim swap is more efficiently and cost saving too. I too saw that 185/65/15 - fairly attractive, considering. :D

Edited by Gentoro

Neutral Newbie

Hi care to give some feeback for your 595EVO? i'm planning to change to this model next month. ^_^

usin 595evo as well :)

not bad for the price..so far the best to me for price to performance ratio

Neutral Newbie

Hope dat u can reconsider swapping tires/rims or buying inferior tires. Good tires & wheels are one of the most important safety precautions u shld take into consideration. Of cos u dun hav to take up a high end type bt at least considerable ones. Swapping are simply not worth it. How often do we change a set of tires? All the tires recommended by bros here are not bad, Federal, Nankang etc & oni $85 nia X 4 =$340. For 2nd hand rims, just google abit. Buy 2nd hand rims thn put in the new rubber. Thats the cheapest & safest way IMHO. New tires, new rims no safety compromise.

Well, recently I have been hopping ard tyre shops and previously since dec 09, I been surfing here for garage tire sales from 2nd hand seller. Maybe its just my luck, unable to accomplish a swap between seller due to many reason eg. PCD wrong size, unable to find correct sizing until meet up (seller duno) and unable to find tires for swap after 7pm (seller OPC) etc...

So I tok, since my tires still able to last me a couple months more latest till Mar/Apr 2010, I took my time browsing ard, looking for 2nd tires with correct size or garage sales. Till date, none was suitable. I know the cheaper is to do a swap with a going to scrap car but very hard luck to find suitable size and PCD.

So I wondering, anyone can recommend me the cheapest 195/60/15 or 195/65/15 tires (new) you were using and how much in local SG workshop? I have check with a few JB WS, they offer me even more exp then tyrepac pricing.

Reason for looking cheapest tire is because car scape period in mid 2011 while my car usage monthly is about 1000km (12000 km per year) which isn't much or is it?

Cheapest I read here was this call "Thunderar" tyre by bridgestone costing ard $85 per pc in AMK. Any more cheaper recommendation?

abstract from one forum in the net, Thunderer tires are private label tires, mainly sold by B-Quik. The tires are made by Deestone, a Thai manufacturer who has been producing and exporting truck tires for a long time. They started passenger car tire production beginning last year , using new machinery and Goodyear design technology.

one of the local distributors for Goodyear import Thunderer to SG and it has been selling like hotcakes as the quality and performance are comparable to LS2000 and GR80.

Instead of searching online, suggest you visit some tyre shops.

Since ppl don't usually take their used tyres back, tyre shops will have used tyres for sale. Just tell them your budget, i'm sure they have something suitable for you.

Neutral Newbie

why dont u go out JB and check out... ask for local made tyre.... im pretty sure that tyre there are cheaper than here.... actually im start to look for new tyre as well, will update if got any lobang :)

Neutral Newbie

why dont u go out JB and check out... ask for local made tyre.... im pretty sure that tyre there are cheaper than here.... actually im start to look for new tyre as well, will update if got any lobang :)

Tires in JB are not dat cheap same goes for their rims. Gd luck in ur hunt.

↡ Advertisement