Search
Toyo Proxes

• Search this thread
5 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 27 February 2010 - 02:11 AM

Grix17
  • Grix17
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Looking for a comfortable tyre with good grip and decent treadwear and price. Anybody here has tried the Toyo Proxes C1S?
My alternatives are GY Eagle RV-S or GR90 for good comfort, or GY F1 Asym for performance with some comfort.

Posted 01 March 2010 - 06:09 PM

Beregond
  • Beregond
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Looking for a comfortable tyre with good grip and decent treadwear and price. Anybody here has tried the Toyo Proxes C1S?
My alternatives are GY Eagle RV-S or GR90 for good comfort, or GY F1 Asym for performance with some comfort.

the grip is solid , rubber and thread design look very high quality also , i sit in my friend driving a camry 2.4 , feel very shiok, esp in rain,

but noise level lose out to his old yoko db, according to him . ( wont lose out to aysm in term of grip and noise)

do take note , my friend change the tyres not very long lol, its a very new design from toyo.
(the proxes in front i love it, same quality as t1r, but not noisy?) lol

gr90 and rvs, i no experience with them lol .

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:51 AM

Grix17
  • Grix17
    4th Gear

Thanks for the reply.

I guess I will probably narrow it down to between Proxes C1S and F1 Asymmetric. Was quoted similar prices at different places.
Most importantly, both have reinforced / extra load (XL) tyres which gives me more assurance as I have no spare tyre.
My worry with RV-S is the treadwear, and with GR-90 it is the price and lack of XL tyre options.

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:28 AM

GDIzen
  • GDIzen
    5th Gear

I've had Goodyear RV-S for about 2 months before I changed. Reason: not because they weren't good or quiet but it was a slightly smaller tyre and less cushy than what my OE tyre was...car came with 205/50/17 but I thought 215/45/17 would be the same but I was wrong. When it comes to humps and rough surfaces, the Toyo Proxes R32 /50/17 I now have are much softer and quieter. I also got them from a dealer I know well so its 90% new and cheap!! My 2cents... biggrin.gif

Edited by GDIzen, 02 March 2010 - 09:30 AM.

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:03 AM

Freak
  • Premium member
    Freak
    1st Gear

Hi

where to get toyo tyres?
need to find out 185/65/15 for latio.

thanks

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:01 PM

Grix17
  • Grix17
    4th Gear

Hi

where to get toyo tyres?
need to find out 185/65/15 for latio.

thanks

I know 2 places with decent prices:

Arrow Tyres at Serangoon North (having Toyo sale now)
Sin Hin at Alexandra Village

Don't have the addresses here but you can search SGCarmart Directory.

Back to Tyres and Rims  ·  Aftermarket Top
TyreQueen.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users