Sungai Lembing, Kuantan

Kelpie

Hi all,

Would like to find out from those hwo have been the Sungai Lembing and watch the sunrise. SL seems to be a sleepy town and it is famous for this suckling pig and You Tau Fu.

Kindly feedback.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

↡ Advertisement

Just now ch8 8.30 got introduced this place........really like a ghost town :D

I will be going there this month. It is more than just a "ghost town" [laugh]. At least you don't see one in Singapore. That place is actually very happening if you care to do some research [cool].

Regards,

Neutral Newbie

I will be going there this month. It is more than just a "ghost town" [laugh]. At least you don't see one in Singapore. That place is actually very happening if you care to do some research [cool].

Regards,

Hi Kelpie, Pls. take some photos and share with us. thank you

Neutral Newbie

Regards,

waiting for your FR [thumbsup]

Its an old mining town.... got a museum on top of the hill. Nobody there and un-manned......

Town is dead. Got syspension bridge just behind some of the houses there.

On route is the cave temple in the rubber plantation where you have to climb up about 200 meters along a steep incline (which has railings, but steps are uneven and broken)

In 2008, went there at 7am.. The locals told me the main draw is to watch the sunrise climbing the hill which we missed. Unless you want to reach there at 5+am.

Here's some pic of my

n1347394205_107036_3988.jpg

Last check they still have tikam tikam, how many of us still remember playing this before we progress to playing 4D.

n1347394205_107033_3432.jpg

I think this is call Pandan Fall, on our way back to SG via Segamat.

n1347394205_107049_6813.jpg

Hi all,

Would like to find out from those hwo have been the Sungai Lembing and watch the sunrise. SL seems to be a sleepy town and it is famous for this suckling pig and You Tau Fu.

Kindly feedback.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

I just came back on Tuesday. Yes Sungei Lembing is a dead town. I suggest spend time at Pandan waterfall instead of going to Lembing town. The waterfall consider one of the best in Msia in my own opinion. Toilet is clean and volume of flow from the water is a lot. Most important it is pretty save and not too deep. I could post some photos sometime later tomorrow.

My family just got back from the Kuantan/Terengganu, stayed at Swiss Garden on the way back. We were not able to exhaust the room voucher we have purchased earlier at a travel fair in Singapore, as we have no plan to travel to Kuantan again before end of May 2010, we are selling the room voucher at discounted prices. Pls PM me if you are keen. Voucher is transferable and exchangeable for 1 x Garden View Room at Swiss Garden Resort & Spa at Kuantan. It comes with 2 breakfast and purchased for RM216.20 Nett (ie. RM188++).

(edited)

Hi all,

This is PART I

It was unfortunate that it was raining throughout my stay at Sungai Lembing. March is usually an ideal month to visit :mellow: . I've attempted the Bukit Paranonma, didn't catch the sunrise due to the rain. Glad that my small boy could walked by himself to the top. By the time we came down, we were soaked [laugh]. If you have a weak heart, please don't try the hill -_- , even though they have some stairs for you along the way.

I don't have photos on the hill, since it was so dark and rainy. It was very misty, foggy and cloudy, machiam walking on air :D.

I have some photos share with guys, not many shots without the wife and kids faces [:p].

Chempedak Bay, Kuantan

Supposedly one of the best beaches in West Malaysia. They have KFC and Macdonald here. Some popular makan stalls are here too though I didn't try any.

TelukCempedak24.jpg

TelukCempedak15.jpg

TelukCempedak12.jpg

Gua Charas, Kuantan

The hype is about the sleeping Buddha found within a big cave of a mountain. Very dark inside. RM2 for parking.

From far...

GuaCharas14.jpg

GuaCharas2a.jpg

GuaCharas7.jpg

leaving...

GuaCharas13a-1.jpg

Regards,

Edited by Kelpie
  • Praise 1

Hi all,

This is PART II

Ok, Sungai Lembing town, a place that I will come again if not because of the lousy weather this time:

The big old tree that you always see it in the Sungai Lembing web search:

SungaiLembing3.jpg

The one and only petrol station. can pump.

SungaiLembing0.jpg

Crossing the wooden bridge:

SungaiLembing11a.jpg

River view:

SungaiLembing28.jpg

Road condition, not too bad for my sedan:

SungaiLembing19.jpg

Regards,

• Praise 1

Hi all,

This is PART III

Ok, some sightseeing. because of the rain, I didn't get to see a major attraction, the rainbow waterfall. So pretty much resign my fate to town area:

Heritage House:

SungaiLembing44.jpg

Tin Mine Museum:

SungaiLembing15a.jpg

SungaiLembing18.jpg

Town View:

SungaiLembing29.jpg

One of the longest suspension bridge in town where motorcycles will cross. Heavy shower now. :

SungaiLembing27.jpg

SungaiLembing22.jpg

Regards,

Hi all

This is PART 4

The Crystal House, situated right at the end of the town. It is a private house, run by a 69years-old Uncle (He looks like 50 to me). He has house load of private collection. A former tin miner now retired.

Everything about the Crystal House and the Old man are found on this wall:

SungaiLembing32.jpg

SungaiLembing34.jpg

SungaiLembing35.jpg

He told me the left is the copper Ore and the right one is the Tin Ore:

SungaiLembing43.jpg

He also dug a tunnel beyond his yard to simulate the tin mine tunnel:

SungaiLembing39a.jpg

SungaiLembing36a.jpg

To enter his house, he charged RM2 for Adult and RM1 for kid.

Regards,

(edited)

Hi all,

This is PART 5

Now, about the place I stayed. This is the newest(about 4 months old), most modern chalet you can find in Sungai Lembing Town. IMHO, The rest no need to try. The catch is there is no internet & no TV. The Owner, Mr. Hon is very friendly. Bring your own portable dvd player with screen to kill the night [laugh].

Coming in to chalet:

SungaiLembing48a.jpg

The hut is where the hotel reception is. There is a common TV. You can cook your own food using the kitchen. Refill water and etc.

SungaiLembing46-1.jpg

SungaiLembing50.jpg

The hut behind is where I stayed:

SungaiLembing7a.jpg

For more information about the chalet:

Lembing Riverview Resort

Regards,

Edited by Kelpie

(edited)

Hi all,

This is PART 6

Now about food [:(] . Food has never been a major agenda for me in road trips. I think one of the best food that I tried in Kuantan town is this one:

Hai Tian Restaurant

I took claypot Groupe, Fried Kangkong & salted eggs Crab, tea, rice and only come up to RM 63.

For food in Sungai Lembing?

I'm puzzled about the hype about Hoover Restaurant in Sungai Lembing town. My verdict is there is probably no better food in this town hence the popularity of Hoover. Perhaps, I didn't know what to order???:

SungaiLembing51.jpg

If must try, this is the better one. Mango fried fish. I order the following dishes:

Mango fried fish, Sweet and sour pork, claypot Tou fu, 2 cans of soft drink, pot of tea and rice for RM40.

SungaiLembing52.jpg

I couldn't make it to the famous place where they will roast the whole pig in town. But Mr. Hon from Lembing Resort helped me to buy the roasted pork. Solid!!! die die must try. RM18 for 1/2 kg. Sorry, I was busy eating and forgot about the camera [laugh].

Regards,

Edited by Kelpie

(edited)

Hi all,

This is PART 7

This Hakka Clan Building is pretty much the center piece of the town:

SungaiLembing4a.jpg

Opposite is the Hawker Food store and wet market (open 1st half of the day). There are few popular food stalls and this is one of them that I find not bad ^_^ :

SungaiLembing53.jpg

I bought food like Hor Fun and tomato sauce noodles from the next stall. They are no good :wacko: .

Behind this market is where you can find the Hoover Restaurant (operating from 7pm onwards. Go there early if not have to queue). Further away is this school:

SungaiLembing45.jpg

From this school, you will see a steep road where it will lead you to the hill entrance on the left hand side.

For more solid picture introduction about Sungai Lembing, see here:

Sungai lembing

One more:

Sungai Lembing

Thats all.

Thanks for watching. I've missed a few things due to bad weather, hopefully the next trip will be more fruitful.

Regards,

Edited by Kelpie

Very rustic. Brings back fond memories of the yesteryears at my grandparent's place. Worth considering to let my kids experience kampong living.

Was about to ask about meals, but you've just shared. Thanks.

Edited by Siewss
↡ Advertisement