Republic Auto

Unfair

Hypersonic

if both asian and conti use same EO and 1 x filter ... why extra charged $20 huh?

just like car grooming ... i hate when they charged extra for conti when the japanese car size even bigger

may be i should temporary paste a toyota logo front/back when go servicing and car wash? [laugh]

some contis need 5 litres eo instead of the regular 4 lah

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

i know [laugh]

but now with more and more 1L, 1.4L and 1.5L turbo ... EO will be lesser ... lol

some contis need 5 litres eo instead of the regular 4 lah

Edited by Wt_know

(edited)

bro, for my prev f10 yam5 ...

workshop invoice some stated 4.5L some stated 5L engine oil ...

No ILSex no 5L EO la

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

if both asian and conti use same EO and 1 x filter ... why extra charged $20 huh?

just like car grooming ... i hate when they charged extra for conti when the japanese car size even bigger

may be i should temporary paste a toyota logo front/back when go servicing and car wash? [laugh]

Conti cars are more likely to have service interval reminders that need resetting.

Hypersonic

No ILSex no 5L EO la

wah vw secretly put il6 into my car and claim its il4

can sue?

I think sadly, that's the reality of life. It also happens to renovation services. It often costs more to renovate a private house/condo than a HDB unit, despite both services applied to both being almost equal:(

Conti cars are more likely to have service interval reminders that need resetting.

ahhh..not really.. nowadays, Jap cars also have the same..

Any bros familiar with the mechanism of selling cars for export? I recently traded my old ride with less than 18 months remaining to C&C (~$17K - paper plus $2K) for a new ride. Quotz valuation was $15-20K.

Went to the Republic Auto website and saw that the car was going at ~$28K under their export bidding list. And today saw that it was no longer on the list - sold? 

$28K is quite a big difference to $17K. Almost $10K difference/profit! 

Would I have gotten such a price if I deal directly with an exporter, or the actual transaction price with Republic Auto is at a negotiated price than the $28K bid price? 

Edited by Prataboy

6 hours ago, Prataboy said:

Any bros familiar with the mechanism of selling cars for export? I recently traded my old ride with less than 18 months remaining to C&C (~$17K - paper plus $2K) for a new ride. Quotz valuation was $15-20K.

Went to the Republic Auto website and saw that the car was going at ~$28K under their export bidding list. And today saw that it was no longer on the list - sold? 

Would I have gotten such a price if I deal directly with an exporter, or the actual transaction price with Republic Auto is at a negotiated price than the $28K bid price? 

What model is your old ride.?

8 hours ago, Prataboy said:

You agreed and got the price you wanted.. $17K

what price they can sell depend on alot of factors.. such as their network which normally we don't.

Just like stock/share.. you sold at the price you ok.. buyer bought and sold higher.. this is life.. not all can make money in any industry..

Republic Auto had been around and they will have the know how to buy and sell higher.. if there's no mkt for it.. they won't be bother to buy the car even at $15k.

• Praise 2

The price that the dealer is able to sell depends on the demand overseas.

For a car left with 18 mths COE, you should be able to fetch a higher price if you sell it yourself to a private buyer.

Simply place an ad in sgcarmart.

• Praise 2

3 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

The price that the dealer is able to sell depends on the demand overseas.

For a car left with 18 mths COE, you should be able to fetch a higher price if you sell it yourself to a private buyer.

Simply place an ad in sgcarmart.

be prepared to be pestered by all kind of lowballer

and siao lang testers come test and talk down the car 

want to buy but must check with wife, in law, grandma, grandpa, etc

want to discount $2000 ....  this and that until $200 also want to cut

and also be prepared bombarded by "agent" acting as buyer to lowball ... lol

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 5

24 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

be prepared to be pestered by all kind of lowballer

and siao lang testers come test and talk down the car 

want to buy but must check with wife, in law, grandma, grandpa, etc

want to discount $2000 ....  this and that until $200 also want to cut

and also be prepared bombarded by "agent" acting as buyer to lowball ... lol

well said.. I gave up selling myself and let dealer earn.. seem too many buyer who waste time only..

alot people said why not sell car yourself.. Direct owner.. look at Sgcarmart.. the REAL Direct Seller guess only 2% or so...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3