Will you trample on others to suceed?

Ahtong

At the workplace, will you put down others in order to move up the ladder? To what extent are you willing to knock others to make yourself look good? Any stories to share on such people?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I have experienced from such person who took over my position in my previous job , he passes off all my hard work as his (without any guilt or shame right in front of me) and when he make mistake he push the responsibility to me , blaming me for not sharing certain information with him and I was the one who started the project etc which is not true . And he soon got promoted , however after I left the company , everyone discovered he cannot produce any result and condemn him due to his poor performance however till today he still keep his job as a manager but despise upon by everyone

I have experienced from such person who took over my position in my previous job , he passes off all my hard work as his (without any guilt or shame right in front of me) and when he make mistake he push the responsibility to me , blaming me for not sharing certain information with him and I was the one who started the project etc which is not true . And he soon got promoted , however after I left the company , everyone discovered he cannot produce any result and condemn him due to his poor performance however till today he still keep his job as a manager but despise upon by everyone

sometimes u gotta see the background and qualifications

Hypersonic

Isn't this are what the boss usually do? You do the hardwork to solve an issue, then do the powerpoint preseantation package. And your boss will present your powerpoint package his boss..

this kind of ethnics seems prevalant in one of the FT race in sg

they seem have integrity problem

Neutral Newbie

I do agree that is what a lot of bosses do , but good bosses share the credit with his team not claim credit for himself. The guy I mentioned was my peer then and even guided and mentor him . for a while I thought how come this kind of people can get ahead in life

my boss just said this in a meeting few days back.. "ur supervisor is always right..dun argue"

well..just follow law lor

a nbz new guy just step in..implement alot stuffs..to such extend ,give super discount without service charge to a body (think wan carry balls).

all vendors cannot survive or earn single cent if his implementation pass,and confirm no vendor will want to have this contract.

just because wana look impressive to his head,never think how many vendors and their workers will suffer due to this stupid implementation

The merchant association holding meeting with him, see what is in his mind.

this kind of ethnics seems prevalant in one of the FT race in sg

they seem have integrity problem

If you saying Mainland Chinese, then it's true. They do this a lot back in China also.

I won't 'trample' on others. But I will make good use of knowledge to my advantage. Sometimes to the point of not sharing in order to get ahead.

I know more than you = I better.

Neutral Newbie

You'll never find any of the tramplers and backstabbers posting here; who wants to readily admit he/she is a snake anyway?

This kind of people are all around. Politics exist everywhere, even in so-called non-profit organisations. Gotta just learn to play the game.