Tesco Bukit Indah Opens - 4 March 2010

Berncsp76

(edited)

Went in yesterday afternoon. Overheard from the reminder from 933 radio station so decided to go take a look. Not much cars so journey was smooth.

Upon reaching there, wah first time see so many cars and people there. Haha. [laugh] But still managed to find a sheltered parking lot within 5 mins. The carpark layout is similar to the Giant store in Tampines Ave 10 over here in SG.

The smaller tenants format roughly the same as Tesco Tebrau, even Tesco store itself the layout was about 95% similar..haha...but the tv section was much neater and bedding section there have more varieties. Bought lots of things. Btw the makan section there was crowded man, the sushi counter/grilled chicken with long queues....where to find RM1 sushi and RM8.60 chicken? haha [:)]

Lots of discounts and freebies given too. Many of the promoters shove haircare sachets, samples to me. [:p] Btw, saw this brand of crab spread, look abit like those tuna spread. bought some and tried. Yummy!!! [:p] Opening promotions will end this coming Sun. But I anticipate more crowds on weekends leh...

Btw there's only a KFC there and a foodcourt. So bros here if wana have good makan probably need to go over to Jusco nearby. [rolleyes]

post-51509-1267755844_thumb.jpg

post-51509-1267755873_thumb.jpg

post-51509-1267755895_thumb.jpg

post-51509-1267755925_thumb.jpg

post-51509-1267755943_thumb.jpg

post-51509-1267755962_thumb.jpg

post-51509-1267755977_thumb.jpg

post-51509-1267756001_thumb.jpg

post-51509-1267756023_thumb.jpg

post-51509-1267756042_thumb.jpg

post-51509-1267756057_thumb.jpg

Edited by Berncsp76
↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
(edited)

I went to Jusco at Bukit Indah before. What is the distance between Jusco and Tesco?

Edited by Albeniz

I was actually there on Tues, did not know it was not opened yet as I popped over from Jusco. Hahaha, on Tues they were clearing and cleaning up the place. Seems quite big.

wonder y 933 would promote a JB shopping centre..

Anyway not sure where isit..anyone got GPS coordinates

haha now mediacorpse would allow advertisement from anything as long as its legal...cut cost here and there.

All its news segment would be withdrawn from the airs, only repeated telecast of the news segment from Ch 8 would be shown for the 11pm airtime. <_<

Btw bros if the usual route is confusing to you, maybe you wana try the spoonfeed route that I usually go. [laugh] No need any GPS.

After exiting the CIQ, go the usual route where you will see the Shell station on the left, do not exit but go straight and up on the ramp where you will see the sign "Skudai". Just proceed straight ahead without turning anywhere until the end (<5 mins) where dead ahead you will have to turn right (the sign will show "danga bay"),

Proceed straight from there, will bypass the usual Ansana Shopping Centre on the right, still go straight. Look out for the sign placed along the road that says "Sutera Mall".It will be another 10mins drive. Keep left when the sign shows the arrow pointing to the left, and another 500m or so, turn left into Sutera Mall (there's a big gateway like thingy, won't missed it). [cool]

From there, proceed straight all the way too for another 10-15mins or so. I took my time coz many shophouses too see along the way. Road signs will show "Aeon Bukit Indah" all the way. Its a 3 lane road but try to stay in the middle lane as there's a few road construction going on there. There's an Old Town White Coffee on the left which means reaching Tesco soon. Tesco will be on your right side. Very very big building will also never missed it. Thereafter when reaching, keep right (Giant will be on your left) From this point you can either make a U-turn (to go to Tesco only) or turn right (can go to Jusco first then Tesco). [drivingcar]

Btw Jusco will be at the end of the roundabout after the turn. Can see the signature pillar like structure with Jusco signboard which i use it like a waypoint. :D

Turbocharged

I heard the custom white card has changed. Can the old white cards be used?

Is there any place other than at custom which I could get the white card and fill in advance?

(edited)

I heard the custom white card has changed. Can the old white cards be used?

Is there any place other than at custom which I could get the white card and fill in advance?

Yes can still be used, but the customs officer will pass you some new ones after returning your passport, or request some from them.

YOu can also go to the Malaysian Tourism board along Robinson Road near SIF building. They will usually give you 10 copies each time. [rolleyes]

http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel...p;l=10&s=sg

Edited by Berncsp76

Wah very concise, thank you hor.... [:p]

haha no prob...hope can be of use esp those newbies that seldom go JB jalan.

[laugh]

haha no prob...hope can be of use esp those newbies that seldom go JB jalan.

[laugh]

I went just now. Erm..what can I say, it is just another big supermarket. It still can't hold a candle with the nearby Jusco Bukit Indah. So few makan places and fashion outlets in Tesco Bukit Indah. I was hoping for a cinema there but that didn't happen -_- . So all the way from Sutera Mall to Jusco Bukit Indah, there is zero cinema [shakehead].

To me, it is just a place to buy groceries, lesiure hide-out will be a no no lor. It should affect the opposite Giant alot but not much impact to Jusco in the long run.

Regards,

I went just now. Erm..what can I say, it is just another big supermarket. It still can't hold a candle with the nearby Jusco Bukit Indah. So few makan places and fashion outlets in Tesco Bukit Indah. I was hoping for a cinema there but that didn't happen -_- . So all the way from Sutera Mall to Jusco Bukit Indah, there is zero cinema [shakehead].

To me, it is just a place to buy groceries, lesiure hide-out will be a no no lor. It should affect the opposite Giant alot but not much impact to Jusco in the long run.

Regards,

hmm...maybe JB pirated discs selling like hotcakes and too rampant until no investors wana open cinema? [:p]

Agree also if Tesco has a cinema they will give Jusco a run for their money... [rolleyes]