• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
489 replies to this topic | 305 praises

Posted 06 March 2010 - 11:50 PM

Blackyv
  • Premium member
    Blackyv
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

.... anyone own one of this and what's so great about it?.. worth buying?..... dizzy.gif

https://secure1.nesp...home_sg_en.html

Posted 07 March 2010 - 12:26 AM

Redstorm
  • Premium member
    Redstorm
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

To me, the Nespresso is more convenient than those that use coffee beans and need grinding during the coffee making process. Each capsule cost between 97 cents to $1.07 and is much cheaper than drinking at the cafe outside. I have a set, including one for making capuccino, bought in 2006 for slightly more than $1K and is still serving me well. Mine is a heavy duty type used in restaurant and office and it uses a different capsule from those home models. At the time of purchase, Nespresso machines were not sold openly in departmental stores and it was only last year that they did. Today, you probably need to pay about $500 for a home machine. I have tasted coffee made by those machine that need to grind the coffee beans and the Nespresso machines and I don't find any significant difference between both, taste-wise. At least, Nespresso machine is so much easier to make a cuppa. Just pop a capsule into it and the coffee just flows. No grinding required! And, cleaning the Nespresso machine is very easy too.

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:03 AM

Damienic
  • Premium member
    Damienic
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

My fren just bought one few days ago and I went to his house today for a few cups of coffee. The advantage of Nespresso machine is that it is easy to operate and clean not to mention the taste of coffee is quite up to standard. However, for really long term cost wise, it is probably going to be more expensive than those coffee bean grinder type of machine. The initial cost of machine for the Nespresso is cheaper than the coffee bean grinder type of machines, however, the cost of coffee for the Nespresso cost significantly more I believe. If you use 30 capsules at an avg cost of $1 per capsule, this would cost you $30 for 30 cups while if you buy $30 worth of coffee beans, I believe it can make you a lot more than just 30 cups of coffee. But of cos, it takes more effort to clean the coffee bean grinder machine as compared to the Nespresso machine, so really depends on what you are atfer.

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:42 AM

Babyt
  • Babyt
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

$1 a day ok la.

some ppl buy $1.20 coke/bubble tea to accompany their lunch everyday like my frens ....

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:22 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888

yes, it is one of the cool gadget to have at home and the price is reasonable.

advantages are easy to maintain, no mess from grinding.

the disadvantages are cost of coffee and coffee blend due to the proprietary machine, and you don't get good coffee from nescafe.
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:09 AM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I'm using the manual kind of coffee machine. I Mix and match my own beans and grind them to the coarseness I want.

I dare say my coffee can taste twice as good as nespresso coffee.

And I don't think it's messy as long as u do it frequently. Whenever my friends come over for coffee, they r impressed by the rhythmic actions to produce a good cuppa. I take pride in that.

Nespresso is only good for the convenience. It has none of the ingredients required for a true cuppa.

Good barista + quality beans + correct coarseness + controlled tamping + consistent pump pressure

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:17 AM

Lh77
  • Lh77
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

.... anyone own one of this and what's so great about it?.. worth buying?..... dizzy.gif

https://secure1.nesp...home_sg_en.html

I have the Clitz with the milk foamer... no regrets and I really look forward to the coffee in the morning now biggrin.gif
I think there are about 16 capsules types.. but after trying all, I now only buys the Roma, Apreggio and the Vivalto Lungo

You can go to the outlets and have a taste before you decide to buy or not

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:20 AM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

Yup. The nespresson is fuss free. Good coffee in a capsule and pertty worth it in teh long run.

RESPECT is only for the DEAD!

Posted 07 March 2010 - 10:12 AM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I'm using the manual kind of coffee machine. I Mix and match my own beans and grind them to the coarseness I want.

And I don't think it's messy as long as u do it frequently. Whenever my friends come over for coffee, they r impressed by the rhythmic actions to produce a good cuppa. I take pride in that.

Nespresso is only good for the convenience. It has none of the ingredients required for a true cuppa.

Good barista + quality beans + correct coarseness + controlled tamping + consistent pump pressure

bro, how does tat grinder thingy look like. I tinking of getting one as I always buy e beans grinded n sealed air tight. If can grind n brew fresh, its better sunny.gif
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 07 March 2010 - 11:15 AM

Babyt
  • Babyt
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

i think there is a cheaper version of nespresso..called marbello or something ...

anyway i think its all in packaging...nespresso makes the coffee like so 'premium'...everyone claims their coffee is good.

i do find it environment unfriendly w the capsules but who cares about environment really..

Posted 07 March 2010 - 11:56 AM

Freezy
  • Freezy
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I bought Nespresso Le Cube two weeks ago. The newer design available here is Citiz... but I prefer the older cube design...

here are some pictures...

< $1 for a premium coffee is cheap (compared to what you pay outside).

Let's talk about the coffee,
There are 16 flavors for you to choose from, but there are many ways you can prepare them...

Let's talk about the machine,
Easy to use, just pop in the capsule and press a button, a premium cup of coffee is less than a minute... no messy filter to wash after each cup. Each used capsule is deposited in a bin, just throw them away after about 15 capsules...

Posted 07 March 2010 - 12:08 PM

Freezy
  • Freezy
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

made this latte this morning

Posted 07 March 2010 - 01:11 PM

Atonchia
  • Atonchia
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

My fren just bought one few days ago and I went to his house today for a few cups of coffee. The advantage of Nespresso machine is that it is easy to operate and clean not to mention the taste of coffee is quite up to standard. However, for really long term cost wise, it is probably going to be more expensive than those coffee bean grinder type of machine. The initial cost of machine for the Nespresso is cheaper than the coffee bean grinder type of machines, however, the cost of coffee for the Nespresso cost significantly more I believe. If you use 30 capsules at an avg cost of $1 per capsule, this would cost you $30 for 30 cups while if you buy $30 worth of coffee beans, I believe it can make you a lot more than just 30 cups of coffee. But of cos, it takes more effort to clean the coffee bean grinder machine as compared to the Nespresso machine, so really depends on what you are atfer.

Coffee Beans once exposed to air starts to deteriorate in terms of taste quality and aroma.
1 kg of beans normally need a very long time to finish. Pre-sealed capsule prevent such degradation.

This is another not so marketed brand in Singapore. Seen them and tried the coffee once at Takashimaya food Fair.
http://www.malongo-rombouts.com.sg/

Edited by Atonchia, 07 March 2010 - 01:21 PM.

Be not afraid of moving slowly. Be afraid only of standing still.

Posted 07 March 2010 - 01:17 PM

Atonchia
  • Atonchia
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

That's for the real coffee connoisseur. The temperature setting too.
Till now, I have seldom or rather never seen any barista at mass market cafe warm up the cup for espresso.
I love to have a slightly acidic blend as it provide a sweet finish. Never add sugar, it's just spoilt the real taste.

Posted 07 March 2010 - 01:31 PM

Xefera
  • Premium member
    Xefera
    Supercharged
    Author Image

i agree. sugar and milk just spoil everything. the temperature of the cup also very important.

some people just need the caffeine in the beans, and easy to go down the throat

Posted 07 March 2010 - 02:09 PM

Blackyv
  • Premium member
    Blackyv
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

damn... u guys are all coffee master.....i think i do not have what it takes to know the art of appreciating good coffee or the art of making good coffee.... .....just get to know about this cool gadget and hand itchy ........ i think i will drop by the outlet and taste it out before deciding on getting it......... tongue.gif

Posted 07 March 2010 - 02:52 PM

Celicar
  • Celicar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

All these machines are for ang mo coffee right? I still prefer the coffee shop kopi.

Posted 07 March 2010 - 02:56 PM

Babyt
  • Babyt
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

kopi-o coffee beans are roasted w sugar...therefore the very blackish color and stickiness u get compare to ah moh beans that are roasted without sugar.

soak a kopi-o bean and a ah moh bean into a cup of water...the kopi-o bean will diffuse brown color due to the burnt sugar.

actually do u think its healthy to drink burnt sugar?

Edited by Babyt, 07 March 2010 - 02:57 PM.

Posted 07 March 2010 - 02:59 PM

Dragos
  • Dragos
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

some kopitiam coffee very sour as they dun move fast...need those fresh ones.

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:16 PM

Atonchia
  • Atonchia
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

All these machines are for ang mo coffee right? I still prefer the coffee shop kopi.

Those are robusta coffee beans, slightly cheaper as the are grown on plains, hardier plant and less care required. About 3 time more caffeine level compare to arabica coffee in terms of volume.

Arabica coffee required higher grounds, sloping terrain for better water drainage and require more care as more susceptible external conditions.

Robusta beans are roasted with corn syrup and sugar to provide added body and stronger taste even when diluted with water.
Brewing, normally with boiling water that also remove all other aromatic properties when compare using water with a temperature around 92-95 celcius degrees. Boiling water will also remove the natural acidic taste (mellow in wine tasting terms).
The natural acidic taste is different from the rancid taste when left to interact with air - like beer or wine when exposed to air for prolonged period (oxidation).

A lot depend on the person who brew the coffee. There are some coffeeshops that serve good local coffee.
Drink kopi-o-kosong and you would straight away know if the brewer know how to brew.

Ang mo, Espresso coffee are normally a blend of 80% arabica 20% robusta beans to provide full body and strong aroma and light acidity.

Give one anytime in the morining, local or ang mo coffee.
laugh.gif

Back to Makan Corner  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Nespresso, Coffee, Maker and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users