Nespresso Coffee Maker and espresso machines

Blackyv

To me, the Nespresso is more convenient than those that use coffee beans and need grinding during the coffee making process. Each capsule cost between 97 cents to $1.07 and is much cheaper than drinking at the cafe outside. I have a set, including one for making capuccino, bought in 2006 for slightly more than $1K and is still serving me well. Mine is a heavy duty type used in restaurant and office and it uses a different capsule from those home models. At the time of purchase, Nespresso machines were not sold openly in departmental stores and it was only last year that they did. Today, you probably need to pay about $500 for a home machine. I have tasted coffee made by those machine that need to grind the coffee beans and the Nespresso machines and I don't find any significant difference between both, taste-wise. At least, Nespresso machine is so much easier to make a cuppa. Just pop a capsule into it and the coffee just flows. No grinding required! And, cleaning the Nespresso machine is very easy too.

My fren just bought one few days ago and I went to his house today for a few cups of coffee. The advantage of Nespresso machine is that it is easy to operate and clean not to mention the taste of coffee is quite up to standard. However, for really long term cost wise, it is probably going to be more expensive than those coffee bean grinder type of machine. The initial cost of machine for the Nespresso is cheaper than the coffee bean grinder type of machines, however, the cost of coffee for the Nespresso cost significantly more I believe. If you use 30 capsules at an avg cost of $1 per capsule, this would cost you $30 for 30 cups while if you buy $30 worth of coffee beans, I believe it can make you a lot more than just 30 cups of coffee. But of cos, it takes more effort to clean the coffee bean grinder machine as compared to the Nespresso machine, so really depends on what you are atfer.

$1 a day ok la.

some ppl buy $1.20 coke/bubble tea to accompany their lunch everyday like my frens ....

yes, it is one of the cool gadget to have at home and the price is reasonable.

advantages are easy to maintain, no mess from grinding.

the disadvantages are cost of coffee and coffee blend due to the proprietary machine, and you don't get good coffee from nescafe.

I'm using the manual kind of coffee machine. I Mix and match my own beans and grind them to the coarseness I want.

I dare say my coffee can taste twice as good as nespresso coffee.

And I don't think it's messy as long as u do it frequently. Whenever my friends come over for coffee, they r impressed by the rhythmic actions to produce a good cuppa. I take pride in that.

Nespresso is only good for the convenience. It has none of the ingredients required for a true cuppa.

Good barista + quality beans + correct coarseness + controlled tamping + consistent pump pressure

Neutral Newbie

.... anyone own one of this and what's so great about it?.. worth buying?..... [dizzy]

https://secure1.nespresso.com/precom/n_home_sg_en.html

I have the Clitz with the milk foamer... no regrets and I really look forward to the coffee in the morning now :D

I think there are about 16 capsules types.. but after trying all, I now only buys the Roma, Apreggio and the Vivalto Lungo

You can go to the outlets and have a taste before you decide to buy or not

Yup. The nespresson is fuss free. Good coffee in a capsule and pertty worth it in teh long run.

I'm using the manual kind of coffee machine. I Mix and match my own beans and grind them to the coarseness I want.

And I don't think it's messy as long as u do it frequently. Whenever my friends come over for coffee, they r impressed by the rhythmic actions to produce a good cuppa. I take pride in that.

Nespresso is only good for the convenience. It has none of the ingredients required for a true cuppa.

Good barista + quality beans + correct coarseness + controlled tamping + consistent pump pressure

bro, how does tat grinder thingy look like. I tinking of getting one as I always buy e beans grinded n sealed air tight. If can grind n brew fresh, its better [sunny]

i think there is a cheaper version of nespresso..called marbello or something ...

anyway i think its all in packaging...nespresso makes the coffee like so 'premium'...everyone claims their coffee is good.

i do find it environment unfriendly w the capsules but who cares about environment really..

I bought Nespresso Le Cube two weeks ago. The newer design available here is Citiz... but I prefer the older cube design...

here are some pictures...

nespresso1.jpg

nespresso3.jpg

nespresso2.jpg

< $1 for a premium coffee is cheap (compared to what you pay outside).

Let's talk about the coffee,

There are 16 flavors for you to choose from, but there are many ways you can prepare them...

Let's talk about the machine,

Easy to use, just pop in the capsule and press a button, a premium cup of coffee is less than a minute... no messy filter to wash after each cup. Each used capsule is deposited in a bin, just throw them away after about 15 capsules...

(edited)

My fren just bought one few days ago and I went to his house today for a few cups of coffee. The advantage of Nespresso machine is that it is easy to operate and clean not to mention the taste of coffee is quite up to standard. However, for really long term cost wise, it is probably going to be more expensive than those coffee bean grinder type of machine. The initial cost of machine for the Nespresso is cheaper than the coffee bean grinder type of machines, however, the cost of coffee for the Nespresso cost significantly more I believe. If you use 30 capsules at an avg cost of $1 per capsule, this would cost you $30 for 30 cups while if you buy $30 worth of coffee beans, I believe it can make you a lot more than just 30 cups of coffee. But of cos, it takes more effort to clean the coffee bean grinder machine as compared to the Nespresso machine, so really depends on what you are atfer.

Coffee Beans once exposed to air starts to deteriorate in terms of taste quality and aroma.

1 kg of beans normally need a very long time to finish. Pre-sealed capsule prevent such degradation.

This is another not so marketed brand in Singapore. Seen them and tried the coffee once at Takashimaya food Fair.

http://www.malongo-rombouts.com.sg/

Edited by Atonchia

That's for the real coffee connoisseur. The temperature setting too.

Till now, I have seldom or rather never seen any barista at mass market cafe warm up the cup for espresso.

I love to have a slightly acidic blend as it provide a sweet finish. Never add sugar, it's just spoilt the real taste.

i agree. sugar and milk just spoil everything. the temperature of the cup also very important.

some people just need the caffeine in the beans, and easy to go down the throat

Turbocharged

damn... u guys are all coffee master.....i think i do not have what it takes to know the art of appreciating good coffee or the art of making good coffee.... .....just get to know about this cool gadget and hand itchy ........ i think i will drop by the outlet and taste it out before deciding on getting it......... [:p]

(edited)

kopi-o coffee beans are roasted w sugar...therefore the very blackish color and stickiness u get compare to ah moh beans that are roasted without sugar.

soak a kopi-o bean and a ah moh bean into a cup of water...the kopi-o bean will diffuse brown color due to the burnt sugar.

actually do u think its healthy to drink burnt sugar?

Edited by Babyt
↡ Advertisement