Nespresso Coffee Maker and espresso machines

Blackyv

Pressure is important, but I don't trust the manufacturer specs. I have the Nespresso pixie which doesn't extract as well as other models like the Citiz. Both are rated 19 bar. I suspect my pixie may not even hit 15bar.

I also have the CBTL Contata, which imo has the best extraction despite the lower 15 bar spec. The coffee extracted from it has strong aroma and color dark. Maybe it's the bean, but you can taste the richness in it.

Too high pressure, extraction will be too fast and may not get the fill flavour.

I was never a fan of Nespresso,

But was given one Pixie as a farewell gift, has been using it for 3.5yrs now.

Pods still cheaper than foodcourt coffee.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

trying out nespresso now.. used the aeroccino to make hot foam milk and added an espresso to get latte

which pod flavours do u like? i'll try a few different types to experiment

so far quite delicious... cheaper than starbucks and kopi c kosong in coffeeshop 

Edited by Wyfitms
  • Praise 1

trying out nespresso now.. used the aeroccino to make hot foam milk and added an espresso to get latte

which pod flavours do u like? i'll try a few different types to experiment

so far quite delicious... cheaper than starbucks and kopi c kosong in coffeeshop 

Usually we buy Arpeggio.  Yeah, we drink a lot of Nespresso these days.  They even feature in my V-logs.

• Praise 1

This thread seems to have gone all quiet.

Anyway, went to the Nespresso boutique to stock up on some pods.  Tried a new limited edition coffee, which wasn't bad but I'll stick with my Arpeggio. 

• Praise 1

Anyway, went to the Nespresso boutique to stock up on some pods. Tried a new limited edition coffee, which wasn't bad but I'll stick with my Arpeggio.

Lifestyle man. A good lifestyle is not having the best and most expensive stuff, but having things u like and appreciate to pamper yourself.

• Praise 5

Anyway, went to the Nespresso boutique to stock up on some pods. Tried a new limited edition coffee, which wasn't bad but I'll stick with my Arpeggio.

200 capsules delivered today. Free set of 2 cappuccino cup set. And yes, I love arpeggio most.

post-20735-0-97177800-1456495668_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 3

200 capsules delivered today. Free set of 2 cappuccino cup set. And yes, I love arpeggio most.

Enjoy!  If and when I travel to Europe, I try to bring back more sleeves.  Cheaper there.

Supercharged

i came to realise that coffeeshop coffee is getting more expensive now.  My HDB coffeeshop already charging bloody $1 for kopi O.

Ya kun, Toast box are getting too expensive too

Using this kind of coffee machine is getting more worth it now. 

i came to realise that coffeeshop coffee is getting more expensive now.  My HDB coffeeshop already charging bloody $1 for kopi O.

Ya kun, Toast box are getting too expensive too

Using this kind of coffee machine is getting more worth it now. 

not everyone get switch from local coffee to gourmet coffee, some find it no punch.

• Praise 1

Local Coffee got more Caffeine? ... 

by right yes if the beans used in Nespresso is mainly arabica. 

I visit the Nespresso boutique at Orchard ION again.  More coffee pods!  And I get a complimentary latte. Very nice.

While I was at the Orchard ION, I managed to catch this performance of aerial cloth acrobats.  They make it look so easy. 

What do you do with your used Nespresso capsules?  I used to throw them away.  Then I was given a recycling bag by the Nespresso boutique.  I asked the boutique staff how they recycled the capsules and they told me the grounds were used as fertilizer.  Interesting.  Then I found this link online - http://www.nespresso.com/ecolaboration/ch/en/article/2/3245/the-coffee-grounds-are-used-as-natural-fertilizer-for-the-lavaux-vineyards.html - the coffee grounds were indeed used as natural fertilizer in a vineyard.  Nice.  Then I figured if this fertilizer was good enough for a vineyard, it would be good enough for my potted plants.  And that led me to start using the coffee grounds for my Lime plant, and this video shows you how.  Very easy.  Just cut the soft aluminum top open and pour the stuff out.  We used a disposable chopstick to help extract the coffee ground. Grow, lime plant grow!

• Praise 5

Enjoy! If and when I travel to Europe, I try to bring back more sleeves. Cheaper there.

I found this app/website called airfrov where you could get someone travelling to Europe or elsewhere to help you buy stuff for a fee. Good for buying capsules cheaply from France(where it seems to be the cheapest worldwide). Even after you include delivery fee and commission, still much cheaper than nespreasso in Singapore!

First purchase got discount code too.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1