Nespresso Coffee Maker and espresso machines

Blackyv

u need to attend course? sure anot?

[laugh] [laugh] lost touch on the pricing, just checking, others use to do it very cheap or even free.

the ex roaster (if you remember her) is now with Peets...

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Back to the topic of nespresso, it's nothing to shout about IMO. Was initially considering it as a convenient option for office use, but after tyring the commercial for a few days at Hilton during a workshop, I gave up that idea.

The coffee is consistent, but I just cannot find anything I like in the selection of pods offered. None appeal to the taste buds, and that jolts me awake to the restriction of what's available. So what if it's convenient, if I cannot find anything that appeal to the tongue, it's all for naught.

Coupled with the high running cost (I need 3 shots at a go, self admitted addict), it lost it's appeal really fast.

With all the problems of an electrical pump. I will be content with handling the water heater to produce the right temperature.

As usual, I am a fan of anything manual. A La Pavoni anyone?

OMG, we have the same table, chair and Ikea round coaster mat. hahaha

Is that table and chair from Celini?

I bought Nespresso Le Cube two weeks ago. The newer design available here is Citiz... but I prefer the older cube design...

here are some pictures...

< $1 for a premium coffee is cheap (compared to what you pay outside).

Let's talk about the coffee,

There are 16 flavors for you to choose from, but there are many ways you can prepare them...

Let's talk about the machine,

Easy to use, just pop in the capsule and press a button, a premium cup of coffee is less than a minute... no messy filter to wash after each cup. Each used capsule is deposited in a bin, just throw them away after about 15 capsules...

(edited)

before Nespresso is launched in Singapore, i had my first test cup at a shopping mall in Tokyo....despite knowing that we were tourists (most likely wont buy), the jap guy simply made a cup each for me and my fren....i tot the coffee tasted normal...

i went to sg boutique, no one serve us at ALL...not even a greeting...so atas meh? not that i cant afford wat.

Edited by Babyt

That was on my list, but seeing the way things were, with my friendws coming over and all, a 3 group was the best choice for me.

This is pure coffee heaven.

With all the problems of an electrical pump. I will be content with handling the water heater to produce the right temperature.

As usual, I am a fan of anything manual. A La Pavoni anyone?

Runs on 120V, need a step down transformer, no more then $35-40 bucks.

Still far cheaper then buying local. Exactly what I did with my espresso machine,

roaster and grinder, all bought overseas, 240V plus shipping, still save 30-40%.

aiyah use my cappucino machine...cheap one...$4898 oni lah..instant cappucino [laugh][laugh]

Turbocharged

before Nespresso is launched in Singapore, i had my first test cup at a shopping mall in Tokyo....despite knowing that we were tourists (most likely wont buy), the jap guy simply made a cup each for me and my fren....i tot the coffee tasted normal...

i went to sg boutique, no one serve us at ALL...not even a greeting...so atas meh? not that i cant afford wat.

welcome to sg service standard... [laugh]

Left or right hand foam the milk? [laugh]

both you get cream milk, 1 hand you get skim milk [laugh][laugh]

(edited)

anyone tried tis b4...................

we buy coffee beans and grind it fresh, brew it n use a plunger to separate beans n kopi [cool]

post-25943-1268041512_thumb.jpg

post-25943-1268041794_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hamburger

we buy coffee beans and grind it fresh, brew it n use a plunger to separate beans n kopi [cool]

Yup, I am using a Bodum plunger for my caffeine fix in office. Usually, get ground coffee from Spinelli or Boncafe at Fairprice Finest where you can grind your own coffee beans.

Remember to look at the datecode before buying

produce coffee of VERY different taste.

the french love it. its very convenient too

but in no way will it ever taste like pressure-extracted coffee from the pumps.

(edited)

Yup, I am using a Bodum plunger for my caffeine fix in office. Usually, get ground coffee from Spinelli or Boncafe at Fairprice Finest where you can grind your own coffee beans.

Remember to look at the datecode before buying

the finest coffee are found and roasted in Ubi.

the brand is called Avanza. exclusively bought from italy.

roasted and packed in singapore. It is not found in retail outlets cos that'll dilute the brand.

sounds like toyota avanza but its not.

Edited by Friendstar
↡ Advertisement