Nespresso Coffee Maker and espresso machines

Blackyv

The last barista competition, one of the brothers was there,

the way he spoke, was as if he was some big fark in the coffee world

with only a few years of experiece under his belt, damn yaya.

I still prefer Deny from Geek Terminal, a very nice and humble guy.

Arrogance will get you nowhere.

[thumbsup]

finally.... i found you.

↡ Advertisement

You know your coffee well brother. nothing beats pressure extracted coffee,

not to mention, ground coffee only last max 4hrs, roasted beans opened from their vacuum packs

to be used within 7 days. (They loose their luster due to exposure to air.)

I roast my own beans and bring them in from Australia.

Coffee is my life, and my life is like a coffee bean. :D

Green, green kana skinned.

Baked in the sun to suffer.

Only the few good ones will be selected.

put thru fire and roasted till I change color.

go thru grounding, to make me finer,

and finally extracted my best out of me,

making me as valuable as gold.

hahahaha.....how? Passion and inspiration. 2 shot espresso to put me to sleep. :D

bro. u r like me.

i drink espresso, long black or americano before i sleep. wonderful sleep.

Of course this kind of coffee different in taste. It is not just coffee. It is a pharmaceutical product!

Not just the French. The Americans prefer this kind of coffee. I think the Austrians as well. They seem to have an affinity for the burnt crap.

I think you can load the SEAsians into this group.

I've tasted all kinds of coffee from different nations. Of the best experience is not espresso or latte pressure induced coffee but Turkish. It is full of the finely ground crap but the conversations and exchanges more than made up for it.

a krups burr grinder is a good start.

a very good start for a new enthusiast.

get it at Tangs or Best Denki.

okie, will b on e look out [cool]

I got my whole setup, brand new, grinder, 3 group, portafilter double and single, knock box (dump box)

grinder and other stuff, for US$8k. There are loads of bargain out there, for all you know, your boss's Faema could be a refurbished unit. I don't see what's there to custom build for? They have 1/2/3/4 group machines, so what's so special?

2d hand 5k, first hand can't be far behind lah. China has a few factories who are actually manufacturing espresso machines for the more well known brands. Bro, so long as pressure is right, grind size is right, water temperature 85 degrees, a good cuppa is a good cuppa, oh, sorry, passion from the barista making the espresso. [thumbsup]

The old Starbucks machine, La Marzocco, manual, was the best machine ever, now they've changed all to fuly automatic machines, the old ones are still stored in their warehouse, and going price is 4K, only thing is you cannot use it for home, due to the amperage. The othe rplace where I see the machine still in use, SG still has one Starbucks using, t, but I can't remember where, other place I was saying about was in Malacca, the Master Barista is a good friend of mine, and the coffee divine. He will personally make my espresso himself. hahaha..

If you want one for home, I suggest you look into a Starbucks Barista machine, very decent, very reasonable, and long lasting. I had one a long time back, still have it with me, retired. Makes a decent well, personally, above decent espresso. Made for Starbucks, by Saeco. Can't go wrong.

12667135180001.jpg

Hahah! Then it's probably my boss who 'tua pao' about the price lah! But assuming FAEMA were commissioned to hand-built one to our specifications, could it possibly cost that amount? And you're right, the coffee though very good, tastes about the same as one from a Rancilio...

But still, 2nd hand is like US$5K man! [dizzy]

French press, ground MUST be of the correct size, and hot water no more ten 85C, 4 mins max.

Stirred 3 rounds. Crema will still be there, caffine not as much as soaking it for a entity. [laugh]

French Press is caffeine power extractor.

You see, caffeine is a water soluble substance. So if you pour hot water over the ground coffee and let it soak, the caffeine comes out in huge amounts. This is why the kopitiam kopi got the kick. They might use the sock for they coffee is steeped in it for so long, whatever cannot come out also come out.

The taste is also different. All the good AND the bad all come out.

Pressure driven espresso coffee don't have a lot of caffeine. The main idea is for the fragrant oils to come out and emulsify with the water giving you that crema which is nice in aroma.

A friend of mine who bought the Nespresso told me the conventional coffee bean grinder type (cost over $1k types) has a disadvantage in that unless the daily consumption of coffee in the household is very high per day, the coffee beans left in the machine would lose its aroma significantly after a few days...can any of the experts verify if this might be true?

Bro. High_Five_Emoticon.gif

I teach you one trick. Have a cup of cold water beside you,

when you take a mouth full of espresso, swallow, count to 10, breath out the air in your lungs,

then drink the cold water, one full mouthful down, and then breath in deeply.

HEAVEN MAN!! The espresso shoots to your brains with the cold water,

you will be all NUAH! do that when I'm really stressed out. [thumbsup]

bro... hi five.

i do appreciate good coffee.

i'll smell the aroma of the sugarless espresso in the little warm cup

then i'll sip gently, bringing the crema from the cup into my mouth

... and concurrently, let the fragrance of the coffee flows into my nose.

upon the right temperature, i drink in larger quantities, swivelling it inside my mouth.

the whole sensation will last for a while, before you swallow it and allow the taste to linger on ...

I one 2 shot, kow kow, breath in deeply, and in 20mins, I will be [sleeping] [sleeping]

bro. u r like me.

i drink espresso, long black or americano before i sleep. wonderful sleep.

Knn, han pau pau, don't say I never help you, and terkan you in fitness thread.

Nah, peekture for you to see and not kokup. You don't sala go buy MEAT Grinder. [laugh]

gvx2_main.jpg

okie, will b on e look out [cool]

(edited)

The fully automatic machines will have the beans in the machine, as it will grind, and press the coffee out, setback for such machine as with manual machine, is the cleaning, you need to clean after use, And yes, if the beans are left in the machine, it looses it's punch. Manual machine is still the best, in saying, a lot of users don't know how to cleantheir full auto and manual machines properly of coffee oil.

Sorry my meow meow friend, [laugh] I not expert, just coffee siao. :D

A friend of mine who bought the Nespresso told me the conventional coffee bean grinder type (cost over $1k types) has a disadvantage in that unless the daily consumption of coffee in the household is very high per day, the coffee beans left in the machine would lose its aroma significantly after a few days...can any of the experts verify if this might be true?

Edited by Mazdaowner

Thanks for info. which type is the manual machine? by the way for cleaning, how often do you reckon it needs to be cleaned? every after use? or once per week? :huh:

i always buy my beans from cuppa.

http://www.cuppachoice.com/2009/06/great-s...ppachoice-sale/

they now have offer buy 3 get 1 packet free.

i like their esspresso beans best, just so aromatic and delicious. these beans not sold on supermarket supply only to hotel F&B.

if u buy above $45, they give free delivery, so i always buy 6 packets and get 2 pack free, and qualify for free delivery.

btw i use a krups xp7240 auto esspresso/coffee maker

Genie, I tell you what, you come my place, I make the coffee, you drink and appreciate it,

I talk coffee to you, and there you have it, a Coffee Appreciation Course, plus I'll even print a

color certificate for you. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Bro. I say this people will come and blast me, but nothing BEATS a manual machine.

NOTHING!! Same goes with freshly roasted beans, and a good grinder.

The Coffee Holy Trinity.

Thanks. In terms of coffee taste, do you think the Nespresso is comparable to the auto or manual coffee machines?

↡ Advertisement