↡ Advertisement

Few friends just tio tp stop.

Pole light led = $100

HID = $100

Reverse Light led = $100

Write in all useless and suck thump paid up fine..... Beware bros

Does not make sense...

From One-Motoring,

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/modifications_and_vehoffences/modification_guide/modification_not_allowed.html

Head lamps
(e.g. aftermarket High Intensity Discharge (HID) lamp kits, high wattage bulbs, etc.)

Vehicles should only be fitted with factory fitted HID lamps as they are designed to meet internationally recognised standards. Aftermarket HID lamp kits retrofitted into existing headlamps may cause unwanted glare when used. Therefore, installation of these kits are not allowed.

Replacement bulbs must be of a design recommended by the vehicle manufacturer. Using a higher wattage bulb may increase the risk of fire because of a greater current being drawn to power these lamps. Therefore, these types of bulbs are not allowed.

It refers to Head lamps, and more specifically, HIDs and higher wattage bulbs.

LED pole lights draw lower wattage, and reverse light/tail cluster are not even mentioned

LTA enforcers sometimes look like they are using a rooster tail as a sword...

gonna be changing my ride soon. and the new ride is bigger than my current one.
I was thinking of swapping the stock bulbs for something brighter, esp the reverse lights.

reading thru all the 7 pages, so is can change or cannot change?
if we only swap out the bulb to a brighter one, can or not?

new ride is a 09 forte. Do advise.

gonna be changing my ride soon. and the new ride is bigger than my current one.

I was thinking of swapping the stock bulbs for something brighter, esp the reverse lights.

reading thru all the 7 pages, so is can change or cannot change?

if we only swap out the bulb to a brighter one, can or not?

new ride is a 09 forte. Do advise.

Anything not come as stock for lights, it's a risk u are going to have to take.

Anything not come as stock for lights, it's a risk u are going to have to take.

okay. in this case, if i want to get brighter lights than those stock H5 55W, what would be recommended if not HID bulbs?

okay. in this case, if i want to get brighter lights than those stock H5 55W, what would be recommended if not HID bulbs?

Paiseh bro I dun recall the wattage within legal limits, but do be aware that heat will go up as well... It potentially can melt wires.

• Praise 1

not worth the risk lah....

scare car catch fire and lta rider rides beside you.....

if your car does not come with projector lens, you are blinding the car in front of you.

not worth the risk lah....

scare car catch fire and lta rider rides beside you.....

if your car does not come with projector lens, you are blinding the car in front of you.

i am not looking for aesthetics purposes.

i am really looking for bulbs that brighter than stock so that the NSHW is better lit as i prefer to drive nights due to the lower traffic.

the stock bulbs are really crappy.

no need to be HID. what would be a good recommended alternative to brigher-than-stock bulbs without breaking the law?

i am really looking for bulbs that brighter than stock so that the NSHW is better lit as i prefer to drive nights due to the lower traffic.

no need to be HID. what would be a good recommended alternative to brigher-than-stock bulbs without breaking the law?

just one into onemotoring for this... and the section for light is under 'not allowed'  [lipsrsealed]

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/modifications_and_vehoffences/modification_guide/modification_not_allowed.html

quoted for lights:

"

(e.g. aftermarket High Intensity Discharge (HID) lamp kits, high wattage bulbs, etc.)

Vehicles should only be fitted with factory fitted HID lamps as they are designed to meet internationally recognised standards. Aftermarket HID lamp kits retrofitted into existing headlamps may cause unwanted glare when used. Therefore, installation of these kits are not allowed.

Replacement bulbs must be of a design recommended by the vehicle manufacturer. Using a higher wattage bulb may increase the risk of fire because of a greater current being drawn to power these lamps. Therefore, these types of bulbs are not allowed."

so the only avenue is to check the manufacturer for a recommended wattage.. otherwise it's always a risk of getting caught (though many have chosen to hiong it)

Can't you simply switch out for one of those brighter bulbs? Such as Phillips X-Treme Vision or Osram Nightbreaker?

ok. confession. first time looking into bulb replacement.
so asking noobie questions.

rather talk to people who have experience then be conned by shops to install something illegal or that would void my insurance.

Can't you simply switch out for one of those brighter bulbs? Such as Phillips X-Treme Vision or Osram Nightbreaker?

Will take a look at that two brands! Thanks Bro!

Many different types of connectors and bulbs. Search out for your own make/model first, then see what options are there. There are differences even within your 1 light cluster.

If you are diying hid setup, do note to place the ballast in a position whereby no water will come contact with it. Many ballast spoilt because of contact with water. And if you are drilling a hole on the rear light cover for the round wire rubber, just drill it to the right size till the round rubber can squeeze in. Do not over drill it if not you might risk having vapor attack on your light. Lol

Does this HID approve for LTA when bringing to check-up? Was thinking of changing one as well but afraid LTA will fail my check-up 

question is, is your headlight assembly using projector lens?

If no, do everyone a favour and drop the idea.

anyway, once inspector see the aftermarket ballast, failed....

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1