Used Car Dealers Feedback!

Jeff08

Neutral Newbie

if you are considering buying pre-owned cars from 2nd hand car dealers, do be very careful of dealers who will tamper with the odometers to con you of the condition of the cars.

i think it'll be a good idea to start a thread to help members & viewers keep a lookout or avoid these dishonest chaps!

i am starting the ball rolling...

avoid Auto Arena @ Turf City!!

i am driving a car they sold me last mth (odometer displayed 46000+km)

but after doing a detailed search, saw this car up for auction by GE Money... & guess what? mileage advertised by GE Money was 68000+km!?

↡ Advertisement

if you are considering buying pre-owned cars from 2nd hand car dealers, do be very careful of dealers who will tamper with the odometers to con you of the condition of the cars.

i think it'll be a good idea to start a thread to help members & viewers keep a lookout or avoid these dishonest chaps!

but after doing a detailed search, saw this car up for auction by GE Money... & guess what? mileage advertised by GE Money was 68000+km!?

5 years ago, I come across this deal - a possessed RX300. The dealer actually obtained the key (usually w/o keys for possessed vehicles) & let me sit inside to verify the quality.

I told him that I was willing to pay his price but the mileage was too high. He gave me a discount & I issued a cheque as deposit. At the same day, my fren revealed to me that the same car was auctioned.

So I cancelled my cheque immediately. Exactly 1 week later, I saw the same car - well polished & waiting for delivery...... I managed catch a glimpse on the mileage - its 000s lesser!

I pity the new owner.

I dun remember if its the same dealer - but I was warned by all NOT to deal with any dealers (especially on possessed cars) in Turf City.

Cheers!

TS, if u r dead sure, i also suggest u complain CASE.

tis is highly unethical and it being the change timing belt interval, the consequences could b dire..

was told by a dealer in Turf City that there was a GS300, actual mileage was 70+k but some how the owner managed to changed it to 17k+....the dealer found it out after sending the car to check with BM

lawyers got involved as obviously the seller was a fraud, and the car dealer got duped, honestly telling me the story. he said though the car looks new and can pass off at 17+k km .... but don't be fooled

this is another reason to buy from AD so that history can be checked, if they maintain it with the AD, esp for more pricey rides

Edited by Fedup-camry

Seek legal redress..but you'll need proper documentation.

i have a friend who do sales for 4 pre-own car dealers before told me only 1 of those co. dun adjust the odometer and its very difficult to close sales...

actaully 90% of these dealer adjust the odo...

i have a friend who do sales for 4 pre-own car dealers before told me only 1 of those co. dun adjust the odometer and its very difficult to close sales...

actaully 90% of these dealer adjust the odo...

if the car is maintained at the AD, can go to the AD and check the real mileage

Neutral Newbie

Auto Arena was once at Kaki bukit. heard alot of bad comments about their sales of cars so i think bros better avoid this place.. [mad]

Edited by Davetan86

if the car is maintained at the AD, can go to the AD and check the real mileage

I sold my lancer to a dealer. My mileage was 96K. Saw it went onto sgcarmart as 32K, second family car somemore...

recently saw my ex-ride on the road. wanted to catch up with him but he slipped away. i pity the new owner. the timing belt and everything needs to be changed already ..

Neutral Newbie

hi all,

thx for all ur inputs.

they have tis stupid sales agreemnt that disclaim themselves from inaccuracy of mileage clocked.

my only evidence is the ad posted by GE money...

now lan lan...

so now have to send car to change time belt just to be sure.

so hope this helps those who are gg to 2nd hand car dealer!

Beware! now i understd y they say 9 out of 10 2nd hand car dealers are not honest!

Neutral Newbie

i didnt knoe Car odometer can be adjusted... i tot it was a perm type... anyway i knoe for bikes there is no way the odo can be adjusted unless the whole odo is damaged.. faulty is unlikely..

Gather whatever evidence you have and take legal action.

↡ Advertisement