Used Car Dealers Feedback!

Jeff08

do the bank help settle the paper works too?

By paper work, I assume besides the loan documentation, u r also talking about insurance and the ownership transfer at LTA?

Unfortunately the bank only takes care of the loan. U still need either a "runner" to sort out all the LTA stuff..... or u could do so yourself too. U can find all the forms and docs on sgcarmart and one motoring website. Insurance is relatively easy..... can either check with your existing insurer or u could just approach brokers to get u a quote.

↡ Advertisement

Blacklist: Win Way Trading, Turf City

I bought a car here and they promised me 'any repairs or the first service was free within ten months'. My wife and I both were there, he even stated we needed to check with him first, to make sure we use his 'certified shop'. later, I tried emailing them and leaving voice mails to confirm the service. None of my messages were returned, finally got them on the phone and they claimed it wasn't included, and gave me some long winded diversion about how he had already serviced it before we bought it and so on. consequently I had the car serviced on my own, and it was quite obvious to the shop that it wasn't serviced for a long period of time, and had to flush the gearbox (not cheap). I am kicking myself because I didn't get his "free service for 10 months" in writing, it's my fault really...

In retrospect, there were some suspicious differences between when I test drove car and signed, and when I picked up a few days later, including the issues with the gearbox... but I couldn't be bothered at the time.

after reading this post, I have my suspicions about the odometer too! It was really low (main reason I bought it), but never thought there was tapering going on here. Will have to see I can find out... thanks for the posts!

All in all, I have no claims that I am not the sucker here, and I do enjoy the used car. But I should have trusted my instincts about these guys, who are pretty shady. We should have been more careful and i take responsibility for not being an aware buyer. So, this is just in hope that we help any potential buyers, caution that these guys are quite dishonest, and to be prepared. I would not buy a car here, not worth it.

Guys,

wanna share my experience here. collected my car on 4th nov.

on 9th nov,realised my car missing from the carpark.called police

and officer called back n said car under repo.

i was fumed up n called dealer boss..she's suprised and assure me

car will return to me asap. said car is under consignment and nvr

realise previous owner nvr pay instalment..not my f**king

problem man....end of day got my car back.

now i muz pester her to transfer the car i sold them.

any idea if transfer not done,wat can i do? afraid tat bank

will start calling me for payment.i have the necessary invoices.

anyway dealer is at turf club .. M** Enterprise.

Neutral Newbie

like to give a thumb up for carlinguxx at wcega plaza 4 floor, s.e is james, very pro service, fully refund my 1k deposit after my full loan for my fav.suzuki did not fund fully by banks, only approve 90k...

after went back, told my frds about it, they say u heng ar, most of them heard, as long ur loan is approve, regardless full or not full, normally they will not return or return half, claim its approved, just not to ur amount so its ur problem to top it up or eat away my deposit....

haizzz, wasted 150 for a grade a, so what gd is a sta grade a for me to bring home, actually wanted to give to the sales guy, but part of me say keep it for myself, the s.e james even offer half to buy my report, i say no unless its 100buck or full amount, claiming its gd for ur company to upsell the ride with a sta A report card....

did not admit to my own folly till my frds say just now, "what the hell r u going to do with this report now"...lol

Hi all, just bought a 2007 Nissan Latio Premium a week ago at AML. $49800. Salesman quite ok. Within 2 days I was able to drive off the car. Insurance and renewal of road tax were sent to me 4 days later. Quite fast. Only the processing fee (or what they call football money) was quite high $800. I've checked with LTA, by right we do not need to pay the processing fee. But I dun mind paying them if their service is good. [drivingcar]

Edited by Ngsengpoh

like to give a thumb up for carlinguxx at wcega plaza 4 floor, s.e is james, very pro service, fully refund my 1k deposit after my full loan for my fav.suzuki did not fund fully by banks, only approve 90k...

after went back, told my frds about it, they say u heng ar, most of them heard, as long ur loan is approve, regardless full or not full, normally they will not return or return half, claim its approved, just not to ur amount so its ur problem to top it up or eat away my deposit....

haizzz, wasted 150 for a grade a, so what gd is a sta grade a for me to bring home, actually wanted to give to the sales guy, but part of me say keep it for myself, the s.e james even offer half to buy my report, i say no unless its 100buck or full amount, claiming its gd for ur company to upsell the ride with a sta A report card....

did not admit to my own folly till my frds say just now, "what the hell r u going to do with this report now"...lol

hello novice

we can see through your little story

Blacklist: Win Way Trading, Turf City

I got mine car from Win Way, just went to authorize dealer to service mine car. Their feedback that mine car last service is 98K at 2010 but when I bought it at 2011. The odometer only reflect 70K. I will be logging an official complained on them. If required law suit. They are totally out of line.

Neutral Newbie

BLACKLISTED!!!!

In-Carz Automobiles

15 Commonwealth Lane Lot 06/17/18/30

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...541&DL=1389

I was looking at this car for a few days and finally agreed the purchase price and my car sale price with the salesman. I paid for the STA check and they replied me the following day (1145am) that it got a Grade B, with 1 highlighted item which they promise that they will fix. I agreed to go down to make a deposit in the afternoon.

However, at about 1230pm, they called and said a couple is viewing it for the 2nd time and has taken the car which I have agreed the price with them on for a test drive. They asked me to rush down to make a payment and I arrive at about 130pm and to my surprised, the couple swipped their credit card to make payment just minutes before I arrived as I still see the other salesman who make the sale carrying the new owner's credit card and receipt.

It is obvious that they used the STA certificate which I paid for to inform another prospect and sounded as if it was a coincidence. Well, it is too much of a coincidence for me really but I think the owner is silly to allow such a thing to happen as business is all about trust! If I had not appear that day or am offered a chance to match the price (which I never had, but will never be held to ransom anyway!). I am not sure how much commission this is for the other sales man (who claims he is helping his colleague to sell), but I think the boss is really stupid to allow his workers to risk the reputation of their company name, as salesman can move on but the bosess gota stay to clear the s--t....

Frankly, they will have made the same money having taking over my car which I found out a few days later that I can fetch about 2K more anyway. Though they offered to refund the money I paid to STA, I still felt cheated and pissed off with their unprofessionalism.

IN-CARZ AUTOMOBILES is very unrealiable and thinking back, I felt even if I had paid a deposit, they would have just refunded me or ask me to get another car. PLEASE AVOID THEM!!!! BEWARE....

Neutral Newbie

A friend of mine recently bought a car from ST Auto from the same turf. The handover was not smooth. Heard from friend, that the SE was not professional. On actual day of handover, car has defect and the SE asked my friend to come back another day to fix up defect.

Understand from friend, that the defect was not rectified till today. If you want to go to turf, open your eyes carefully.

Neutral Newbie

BLACKLISTED!!!!

In-Carz Automobiles

15 Commonwealth Lane Lot 06/17/18/30

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...541&DL=1389

I was looking at this car for a few days and finally agreed the purchase price and my car sale price with the salesman. I paid for the STA check and they replied me the following day (1145am) that it got a Grade B, with 1 highlighted item which they promise that they will fix. I agreed to go down to make a deposit in the afternoon.

However, at about 1230pm, they called and said a couple is viewing it for the 2nd time and has taken the car which I have agreed the price with them on for a test drive. They asked me to rush down to make a payment and I arrive at about 130pm and to my surprised, the couple swipped their credit card to make payment just minutes before I arrived as I still see the other salesman who make the sale carrying the new owner's credit card and receipt.

It is obvious that they used the STA certificate which I paid for to inform another prospect and sounded as if it was a coincidence. Well, it is too much of a coincidence for me really but I think the owner is silly to allow such a thing to happen as business is all about trust! If I had not appear that day or am offered a chance to match the price (which I never had, but will never be held to ransom anyway!). I am not sure how much commission this is for the other sales man (who claims he is helping his colleague to sell), but I think the boss is really stupid to allow his workers to risk the reputation of their company name, as salesman can move on but the bosess gota stay to clear the s--t....

Frankly, they will have made the same money having taking over my car which I found out a few days later that I can fetch about 2K more anyway. Though they offered to refund the money I paid to STA, I still felt cheated and pissed off with their unprofessionalism.

IN-CARZ AUTOMOBILES is very unrealiable and thinking back, I felt even if I had paid a deposit, they would have just refunded me or ask me to get another car. PLEASE AVOID THEM!!!! BEWARE....

if u see from some earlier post theres actually quite a number of complains from customer on in-carz.

hallo. I'm a newbie here and have been reading this blacklist thread ever since i got conned a few days ago by an ubi dealer. the tricked us into to buy a car which they claimed was accident-free, but we eventually found out it was not by calling up the AD to check. We're in the midst of getting our deposit back.

Then we wen on to other places to find a car, got one from a dealer who so far has not given us any problem, but again we called the AD to check on the car, and they said they have no records of any service being done to the car despite having a 3 year warranty on it. Does it sound fishy? The mileage is now at 33K for a Jan 2010 car.. I mean is good news they dont tell me this time that its an accident car, but no servicing records for an almost 2 year car possible?

Then we wen on to other places to find a car, got one from a dealer who so far has not given us any problem, but again we called the AD to check on the car, and they said they have no records of any service being done to the car despite having a 3 year warranty on it. Does it sound fishy? The mileage is now at 33K for a Jan 2010 car.. I mean is good news they dont tell me this time that its an accident car, but no servicing records for an almost 2 year car possible?

No service record is possible as the previous owner may be looking at cost and therefore service outside. Mileage can be both ways. No agent warranty as its not been regular service by agent. So the 3 year warranty is from outside workshop if they really give.

Neutral Newbie

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...760&DL=2373

1 Auto Trading

Address

601 Sin Ming Avenue #01-01

Asian Golf Academy

Office No 67411919

Jimmy Wee 97660099

I saw his ad on the above gtr, he post initial price 248, getting ready to buy, but decided to wait, then Raise to 268, then next day drop back 248, within the nite he raise back 268.

Imssg him y raise n drop price so fast? his reply sold and not for poor idiots like me, scolded mf.

seems like the last 3 posts, all same person leh....

same type of england, same style of posting...... and all trying to shame 1 company, or maybe their competitor.. huh???

I've always wanted to buy cars direct from owners but the problem is that owners would prefer to sell their cars to car dealers as the majority of owners feel safer selling to dealers.

As a car owner, I admit that I prefer to sell to used car dealers as well. Many viewers are just window shoppers with no intention of buying your cars. I would advertised that no test drive is allowed unless the buyer is willing to commit to a deal (with deposit) after test drive. I will drive the viewer around and sound the person out. If I sense a genuine buyer, than the test drive follows. It is this time wasting aspect that I would rather sell to a used car dealer.

The closest that I have come to buying direct is that the owner is out of town and appointed a new car sales person to help sell his used car. The new car sales person was moonlighting and making commission from the loan and insurance. Overall the transaction went well.

A colleague of mine bought a used car just recently from a direct owner. Simple and fuss free, transfer at LTA takes 20mins (including waiting time), followed by a trip to the bank to pay the previous in full through fund transfer over the counter, this takes another 40mins including queue time.

How about buying from owner, cutting out dealers?

Anyone has good or bad experiences, care to share.

Edited by Civicblade

seems like the last 3 posts, all same person leh....

same type of england, same style of posting...... and all trying to shame 1 company, or maybe their competitor.. huh???

cannot be trusted

Hi all, i am new and did not know of such assistance of a forum that you could highlight to people that what bad experience we had gone through. I would like to firstly state that my incident happen 4 months ago. When i purchase a Vios 04 at 33800. Which it was my first car that i ever bought and i am only 21 of age(probably look good to get rip off). It was the first viewing of my life and immediately made 2000 deposit. Requested by the agent. It was an In-house loan for me, therefore, he mentioned i needed to come up with 11500 as down payment, on my agreement there was no indication of my deadline for my down-payment. Well, i made several payments in intervals like 2000 per 2 weeks or 1000 per week. About 1 months 3 weeks i made my down-payment in total including 2000 deposit was about 8500 because the company mentioned to me that they would sell the car off if i cannot come up with the full down-payment. For me, they just called me say if you cannot come up with this amount by end of the week there goes your car. I called and pleaded with the agent but to no avail, till i took the initiative to call the head office and get a discussion which they agreed to drop the down-payment to 9500. I did so by the end of the week.

When i made deposit of $2000. I didn't request a single things from them, however, through my friends advice i made demands and request during my payment of down-payment. That i would require 1 set of Secondhand sports Rim ( Only Rim no Tyres), Solar Film, new wipers, a full polish of the car, and also a visor. He mentioned that no problem and i asked him if it could be in black and white, he said no need la small things only.

When the completed my down payment to the company. I collected the car and realize there was nothing at all.

Not even a visor not even solar films not even wiper, even polishing. He said polishing down but i took more than 1 month to take the car so looks dirty again.

I asked him where is the other things that he promised me, he made this exact comments, If you are so clever to call my head office to arrange the down payment why not you ask them to give it to you all this things. I was so shock and helpless, it was my first time purchasing a car, i thought they would be the one giving me advice and i am so affected that it felt worse than a scam.

I went to the agent office and confronted the agent in-front of his colleagues, he repeated that loudly in front of everyone , as if he was giving me a dress down. He also said sorry you have any black and white that i promised you all this items? No sorry i cannot remember (Sarcastically).

That point of time i felt so humiliated that he was actually scolding me, when he was actually cheating me.

Well, immediately i called the head office to demand an answer and asked the account personnel how come their agents were so rude and had the cheek to be scolding me as i am a customer and Whats more they just cheated me. She didn't even apologize and mentioned i SHOULD understand the agents plight, as i called the office to make arrangement for alternative down-payments, the boss scolded the agent for not being able to do it for me.

I mentioned to her i don't know of any such procedures and i am only a paying customer which i would hope for the best for me. I told her IF you could offer me such alternatives, i believe the agents could do it as well, but why didn't he?? Because he wanted me to give more down-payments for him to benefit?

In the end, i realize that the account personnel i was talking to, was actually the boss's sister. For my assumption she could have given me a better explanation and arrangement. It was pretty obvious that she was condoning her agents of rude attitudes and even the dishonest ways of the agent. I thought as a management level personnel, they would have more intelligent than such.

Upset and Angered but what more could i have done in my knowledge? I accepted all the car at such high price, with nothing at all. After which the company, after me calling in several times to insist that i would want not all but at least some of the items such as the visor, wiper and solar film. They just ignored my request. Until the account personnel probably found it pitiful and offered me a $200.00 petrol voucher. I rejected it and didnt call the office again. I believe i do not need to plead them, as i deserve to get all this which i paid for.

My point is, firstly i checked with other car dealers( correct me if i am wrong), usually deposit only $500.00, but mine? why 2000.00? because is a stupid customer can eat him so better make him put more deposit just in case he realizes and calls off the deal???

Secondly, i may have took quite some time to accomplish my down-payments, agreement is there, no cut off for my down-payments. It was a hefty sum they wanted immediately, if they mentioned to me that sorry must be within a month or so, that i would not even throw in the $2000.00 deposit, as i know my ability.

Thirdly, so rude, as service providers, their intention is not to help clients on what client's need, but what they can rip off from client's (disappointing). Being sarcastic to me in-front of his colleagues and speaks louder about no prove of black and white of the items promise does not mean he is on the side with reason. It only goes to show to me or any other future client's of his integrity and honesty.

Lastly, thinking that agents are not so well verse in handling situations, tried to solve the problem with the head office accounts ( Boss's Sister coincidentally.), rather than trying to rectify the problem and make things work out better. She condone with the actions of the staff and work alongside with them. I know a company must be united but please, be in the right way.

Well all this is base on my experienced. About 4 months ago. Maybe in future, you guys do make notes of such. Always remember, before you jump in and make payments, everyone looks friendly and nice, after things are down, you may not be of any use, they turn their whole attitude. Sad to say but these peoples are only looking at short term deals.Probably, you are wondering which dealer is this? Well i got it at Kaki Bukit Abwin Pte Ltd, "honouredly" served by their agent and accounts.

I guess it is right to share my personal experience as all are based on truth, i feel that all are like friends around here and deserve a friend's advice.

Wah...I hv read n it given me a very gd impressions turn out also dark side [thumbsdown]

↡ Advertisement