Used Car Dealers Feedback!

Jeff08

Hi Guys

Thanks for your 'horror' stories.

Maybe CASE should step in to regulate the second hand car industry with mandatory evaluation by STA / Vicom.

I believe this will help newbies and even experience driver make an informed choice base on the grading and reports.

Any idea what is the current practice among car dealers on sending car for evaluation.

Who should pay or share-share?

[grouphug]

Thanks.

CASE??......WLL ah for that useless toothless tiger. tink comprain in mcf more effective. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

STA evaluation pay yourself... of cos if they make alot from your deal, maybe they will pay for you.. but according to my experience, STA grading is a total waste of time and money, the guys at STA will just write what they see...........

just bring to your regular workshop and check underneath, thats the best

Sorry I only know AD workshop even after driving the same car for more than six years. [cool]

Looking for a reliable workshop is altogether another nightmare (so I heard) [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

CASE??......WLL ah for that useless toothless tiger. tink comprain in mcf more effective. [laugh]

Yes bro , learning alot from you guys. [idea]

Sorry I only know AD workshop even after driving the same car for more than six years. [cool]

Looking for a reliable workshop is altogether another nightmare (so I heard) [sweatdrop]

hmm ... bro, i must tell you this: last time I bring my car for STA evaluation, that guy write "oil stain" near engine compartment. I ask him why he write that cos i feel there is no need to write. cos when you replace engine oil during servicing, there will bound to be oil stain especially if the mechanic that day is clumsy or too busy or keep thinking of geylang gals...

but that fella insists to write and even say he wont noe if the engine leak so i also no choice, jus let him write ... but becos of this incident i jus feel they are just doing their job blindly... its like they are just writing what they see ... my own car never has engine oil leaks and stuff like that cos my fren workshop maintain it properly for me... and if he also wont noe engine leak oil or not, he write oil stain for wat ??? he might as well don write, u get what i mean??

you should ask around for a reliable workshop... best is ask a dealer fren, they got all this lobang at their finger tips, my regular workshop also ask my dealer fren then let that guy do regular servicing, its like building a relationship, you give him servicing to deal, he can also help you when it comes to such trivial matters

Neutral Newbie

hi all! Sorry to post this here , I have not posted any before and cannot find any other appropriate topics to reply. I am wondering when comes to buying a used car, do I need to be concerned over the number of previous owners?

For example, given that 2 cars that are registered within the same year (same model, same mileage), would you favor the car with no previous owner than a car which may already has 2 owners?

Does the number of owners be a factor that cause the car to be priced lower?

If the dealer agrees to let me send the car for inspection, do i pay for it first?

Also, if the dealer says the car has already or just passed inspection, do I trust them? Shall I send for inspection again?

Thank you in advance!

hi all! Sorry to post this here , I have not posted any before and cannot find any other appropriate topics to reply. I am wondering when comes to buying a used car, do I need to be concerned over the number of previous owners?

For example, given that 2 cars that are registered within the same year (same model, same mileage), would you favor the car with no previous owner than a car which may already has 2 owners?

Does the number of owners be a factor that cause the car to be priced lower?

If the dealer agrees to let me send the car for inspection, do i pay for it first?

Also, if the dealer says the car has already or just passed inspection, do I trust them? Shall I send for inspection again?

Thank you in advance!

If dealer agrees to send car for inspection, you guys go STA together, after that you pay or he pay then u return him.. works out to be same, also there is a receipt.

If go STA grading, STA will give you a report to keep, grade A, B, C or D. the report is evidence that the car go for grading.

for me personally; number of owners does not really matter but of cos if you are going to be the 4th or 6th owner, perhaps somewhere is amiss?? you go see the car and determine the condition is the best .... my fren car is pearl white and he is the only owner but now his pearl white is like alittle yellowish white! plus he never go grooming or even wash it for CNY, and he smoke like a chimney in the car such that the odour is so bad, when you open the door, the smoke smell is there to greet you already, that kind of pub smell so it really depends on who is the owner, not how many owners

Neutral Newbie

Thank you for your advice :) for the grading, do I go for B only? C and D cannot make it already right? (Don't think will ever get A for used car right, if the car is more than 4 years old?)

If dealer agrees to send car for inspection, you guys go STA together, after that you pay or he pay then u return him.. works out to be same, also there is a receipt.

If go STA grading, STA will give you a report to keep, grade A, B, C or D. the report is evidence that the car go for grading.

for me personally; number of owners does not really matter but of cos if you are going to be the 4th or 6th owner, perhaps somewhere is amiss?? you go see the car and determine the condition is the best .... my fren car is pearl white and he is the only owner but now his pearl white is like alittle yellowish white! plus he never go grooming or even wash it for CNY, and he smoke like a chimney in the car such that the odour is so bad, when you open the door, the smoke smell is there to greet you already, that kind of pub smell so it really depends on who is the owner, not how many owners

Thank you for your advice :) for the grading, do I go for B only? C and D cannot make it already right? (Don't think will ever get A for used car right, if the car is more than 4 years old?)

usually used cars have grading B .... C & D i doubt its not cannot make it.. STA has a set of criteria for grading and if the guy seeing the car that day is strict and like to write essay, you may just get C&D. the best is bring to your regular workshop... you bring a new car from agent go STA, you may not get grade A too, thats what I hear from STA.. so really it depends on who you meet that day

Anyone mention Tay motor? I got a car from them show me one owner . Technically I shd be the second owner as the previous log card state 0 transfer . When I took delivery of the car I saw 2 transfer . Meaning in between there's still another phantom owner. So I think since car is ok just forget abt it . Then after 1 yr plus go back to them wanna trade in my mz 6 to them . They quoted my 07 mz 6 can at most trade for their 06 vios . I told them , look my mz 6 is not even worth yr 07 1.5 vios? And it is a 06 vios . After I told them my OMV compare to their OMV he say yr car got 3 name! I was like WTF ! Then I go another way . This type of people dun need waste time talk to them . Since then I already changed 2 more used car & black listed them . Yes almost forgot , when I walk pass their shop even have the cheek to say : if you calculate like this , you can never change car ! CRAP! Bloody bunch of hooligans keep puffing and Suan people outside their shop.

What for trade in your Mazda 6 for a Vios? IMO, Mazda 6 is definitely a much better car as compared to Vios. Dont be angry at idiots like them. Go to other dealers, sell off the car yourself, or hang on to the current ride (Juz dont give idiots like them another chance to make your hard earned $$$$$

Ya man , how stupid right , the reasoning. My mz 6 that time is worth 45k and it is only 4 yo then . Means his 5 yo vios is worth 45k . Crap rite ? I mean a cat b car with higher omv same price with a low omv cat a car which is older than mine . The most tok kong part is he say if I calculate like that cannot change car one ... Not forgetting he mention my car has 3 names and yeah who sell me the mz 6 saying its a one owner car but end up LTA transfer letter got 2 names b4 me . I still have the document but this type of hooligan don't need waste time reason with them cos they have a set of rules for them self but another for customer . Black list this shop

Neutral Newbie

Anyone has any complaints about Kao Lian at Tagore Lane? Please feedback as i m on the verge of getting a car frm them. But i smell something not so right as they only give me 1 week warranty. They told me aftet test drive any parts got problem ask me to point out n they rectify it before handling.the car to me. Is this acceptable? Please advise. Thanks.

Anyone mention Tay motor? I got a car from them show me one owner . Technically I shd be the second owner as the previous log card state 0 transfer . When I took delivery of the car I saw 2 transfer . Meaning in between there's still another phantom owner. So I think since car is ok just forget abt it . Then after 1 yr plus go back to them wanna trade in my mz 6 to them . They quoted my 07 mz 6 can at most trade for their 06 vios . I told them , look my mz 6 is not even worth yr 07 1.5 vios? And it is a 06 vios . After I told them my OMV compare to their OMV he say yr car got 3 name! I was like WTF ! Then I go another way . This type of people dun need waste time talk to them . Since then I already changed 2 more used car & black listed them . Yes almost forgot , when I walk pass their shop even have the cheek to say : if you calculate like this , you can never change car ! CRAP! Bloody bunch of hooligans keep puffing and Suan people outside their shop.

i bought my car from them and so far no major problem.

but IMO, its depend on how the sales person handle it.

Anyone has any complaints about Kao Lian at Tagore Lane? Please feedback as i m on the verge of getting a car frm them. But i smell something not so right as they only give me 1 week warranty. They told me aftet test drive any parts got problem ask me to point out n they rectify it before handling.the car to me. Is this acceptable? Please advise. Thanks.

No experience buying from them. But what they offer is quite the normal practice. some only give 3 days warranty period. 1 week is quite good actually. But do find out what is being covered under this 1 week period. Anyway, jus test drive the vehicle until u song song and identify the possible issues u can find. Good Luck!!

Neutral Newbie

Stay away from IN CARS from commonwealth. guy tried to sell a bmw stating mileage is 80k ask why mileage so low for such an old car... appearance oso quite run down. he said owner seldom drive. did a background chk with PML... last known mileage a year ago was 180k... which means by now sud easily be more than 200k. called the guy up and he was quite insistent that it is the real mileage. i find it very dangerous to buy if the mileage was tweaked. as all the servicing would be way off schedule.

sounds very fair, my dealer fren offer 1wk warranty also .... hw old is the car ?? if 5yrs and above then you don really have to worry.. 2-3yr old types should not be of much concern... when u test drive, turn off the radio and listen carefully, nothing much you can do actually

if there is a problem due to wear and tear (bearing about to be worn), it might surface after a week.. if there is some intermittent problem (gearbox difficult to engage when cold start), it might just surface after you drive it regularly .....

Neutral Newbie

Anyway i discover they are not really honest with me. Kao Lian sales person told me to place deposit $500 to try for loan. If loan not approve they refund $400. $100 admin fee deduct from the $500. Today went to another dealer, told me place $500, if loan not approve full refund.

Anyway i wanted to get a Mazda 6 for my wife. Heard the second hand parts are very expensive for Mazda 6? How true?

Whether whoever mention about full refund or partial refund, its best to ask them to put it down in black and white (With their company stamp though).

All these Tom & Dick can say anything they want when they want your money. IMO, what the fvck for in getting you to put down $500 just to try loan? You can always tell them if they cant find loan for you, you find yourself, or altenatively just place $100 as a deposit for the loaning matter.

↡ Advertisement