Keep Manual or upgrade to BMW?

Quantum

Recently Euro $$ drastically dropping, [thumbsup] think it's good time to upgrade my Civic to BMW, but checked through all BMW catalogs, disappointed me that there is not any model c/w manual version in Singapore[smallcry] ,since I got license have driven manual cars 8 years, not feeling to auto cars, Do I enjoy luxurious have to sacrifice driving fun? [smallcry],

↡ Advertisement

Not i want to say...but u think ts driving civic will look forward to driving m3 whereeby there is manual?

Then what makes you think this is not possible?

TS is indeed looking for manual BMW, what's wrong with me showing him the links since he is asking for assistance? [confused]

all M3. u must be joking bro. zzz

Not joking leh; but anyway the last link is the PI 1 Series Manual.

There are indeed manual BMWs around, and those links for M3 are imported used cars, not brand new, and therefore the prices are not ridiculous at all compared to brand new ones.

Then what makes you think this is not possible?

TS is indeed looking for manual BMW, what's wrong with me showing him the links since he is asking for assistance? [confused]

Haha, you have good intentions but we doubt cars which cost 3x his current ride will interest the TS. [;)]

But I stand corrected if TS is really looking for M3s. [thumbsup]

Haha, you have good intentions but we doubt cars which cost 3x his current ride will interest the TS. [;)]

But I stand corrected if TS is really looking for M3s. [thumbsup]

TS is driving a Manual Civic, maybe CTR? ^_^

6 years back, my buddy sold off his 97' Nissan March and bought a new 2004 Subaru STi which cost about $120K at that time.

Around that time, another kaki also sold off his 96' Nissan March and bought a new 2004 Subaru Forester 2L Turbo which cost close to $100K.

I'm also driving a 96' Nissan March at that time, but can only afford to change to a new 2004 Hyundai Accent 1.3L which only cost me $47,600. [laugh]

Nothing is impossible. [;)]

Recently Euro $$ drastically dropping, [thumbsup] think it's good time to upgrade my Civic to BMW, but checked through all BMW catalogs, disappointed me that there is not any model c/w manual version in Singapore[smallcry] ,since I got license have driven manual cars 8 years, not feeling to auto cars, Do I enjoy luxurious have to sacrifice driving fun? [smallcry],

think about resale value. manuals don't sell too well in premium market. yes, there are people like you and me who are purists, but most people out there don't.

if you don't mind, you can try PI. but be prepared for a long wait. highly unlikely PML will bring in on indent basis because they:

a. need to homologate the car again just for you

b. will be committed to buying/stocking spares just for you

Think TS looking for something more entry level than an M3 ba! Anyway, those used imported vehicles quite scary lei, who knows what happened to it before in it's country of origin? Was the previous owner a seriel killer? No way to check it's history, better stay away lah! <_<

you can always indent a manual version.. slightly cheaper den an auto but u havto wait... PML will bring in for u but booking fee will be slightly higher too

Edited by Mockngbrd

Think TS looking for something more entry level than an M3 ba! Anyway, those used imported vehicles quite scary lei, who knows what happened to it before in it's country of origin? Was the previous owner a seriel killer? No way to check it's history, better stay away lah! <_<

serial killer is ok la... as long as you don't see body parts while cleaning the car one day... [laugh] the worrisome thing is that car was flooded before.

serial killer is ok la... as long as you don't see body parts while cleaning the car one day... [laugh] the worrisome thing is that car was flooded before.

True true! If flooded it would be really bad. Or if the tortured souls of the killer's victims had been entombed within the car...

Recently Euro $ drastically dropping, [thumbsup] think it's good time to upgrade my Civic to BMW, but checked through all BMW catalogs, disappointed me that there is not any model c/w manual version in Singapore[smallcry] ,since I got license have driven manual cars 8 years, not feeling to auto cars, Do I enjoy luxurious have to sacrifice driving fun? [smallcry] ,

with euro and pound dropping, you may want to self import those less than 3 yr old sports cars. some dealers may help you with the paperwork for a small fee. just dun under declare OMV. imagine you can get BMW M3 or M5 and AMG for S$200k or less even after the taxes!

there is a well known white 330ci in manual. very nicely done car.

not sure sold or not though.

not expensive to buy, but maintenance due to insurance, petrol and tax is easily 2 to 3 times of normal jap

go snuff around bmw-sg

↡ Advertisement