• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
58 replies to this topic | 20 praises

Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:35 PM

A_nesta84
  • A_nesta84
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi, am earning around 30k per annual, but if i am interested in getting a credit card, what do you guys suggest?

Basically i think it should have low/no annual fee andi feel like giving money to the bank.. Of cos it should have gd rates and more privledges. but i am not those that go for club and drinking though

Feel free to post ur opinions

Posted 19 March 2010 - 11:01 PM

Blackyv
  • Premium member
    Blackyv
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

posb everyday card n btw, nobody pay annual fees nowadays... laugh.gif

Posted 19 March 2010 - 11:04 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

POSB Everyday card for me.

Posted 19 March 2010 - 11:05 PM

Budgetice
  • Budgetice
    4th Gear
    Author Image

UOB singtel card - free annual fee if u charge ur singtel bill to the card
Citibank Dividened - for cashback

or anyother card that is giving u free cash to use... that time SCB and maybank give $$ when ur card is approved.. tongue.gif
be thankful... and life will be beautiful

Posted 19 March 2010 - 11:18 PM

Ed2win2
  • Ed2win2
    4th Gear
    Author Image

That time I apply HSBC got $100 credit into my next bill

RBS Switch got permanent free subscription.

May be better to apply in credit card roadshow, likely to have more gifts than to apply through internet/mailing forms

Posted 19 March 2010 - 11:25 PM

Yuan
  • Premium member
    Yuan
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi, am earning around 30k per annual, but if i am interested in getting a credit card, what do you guys suggest?

Basically i think it should have low/no annual fee andi feel like giving money to the bank.. Of cos it should have gd rates and more privledges. but i am not those that go for club and drinking though

Just have one or two would be good enough and in case you need to travel overseas.

I, for one, don't like to have credit cards. Only used them when overseas.

In Singapore, I paid most of my bills by cash or debit card.

This is to monitor and control my own finances and avoid the temptation of incurring debts with credit cards, or what they call "spending future money".
|1994|Legum Baccalaureus-Legum Magister|Financial Prudence|HDB|MedisaveApproveIntegratedPlan-Insurance|Manchester United FC|Genuine Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Specifications-Parts-Accessories|Suzuki Swift GS|Mitsubishi Lancer CS 3|Volkswagen Golf MKVI|Audi A4B9|

Posted 19 March 2010 - 11:26 PM

Yuan
  • Premium member
    Yuan
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

POSB Everyday card for me.

I have one too. thumbsup.gif
|1994|Legum Baccalaureus-Legum Magister|Financial Prudence|HDB|MedisaveApproveIntegratedPlan-Insurance|Manchester United FC|Genuine Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Specifications-Parts-Accessories|Suzuki Swift GS|Mitsubishi Lancer CS 3|Volkswagen Golf MKVI|Audi A4B9|

Posted 19 March 2010 - 11:28 PM

Edwardthy
  • Edwardthy
    4th Gear
    Author Image

UOB credit. i can use my $mart points for shell petrol :)
Eat, Drink & Be Merry..

Posted 19 March 2010 - 11:29 PM

Atonchia
  • Atonchia
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

This card if you pump Esso

http://www.dbs.com/s...at/default.aspx
Be not afraid of moving slowly. Be afraid only of standing still.

Posted 20 March 2010 - 12:27 AM

Extramint
  • Extramint
    4th Gear
    Author Image

This card if you pump Esso

http://www.dbs.com/s...at/default.aspx

i use this too.

i also have the everyday card, DBS visa and POSB mastercard.

also UOB credit. thats it. enough. too many will make wallet fat.

Posted 20 March 2010 - 12:38 AM

Ladykillerz
  • Premium member
    Ladykillerz
    Supercharged
    Author Image

For my case,
-> Citibank platinum card: Free entrance to Velvet Underground =D
-> UOB platinum card: Collect points and change Metro voucher
-> Citibank Dividend Visa/Mastercard (ExxonMobil): Best discount to pump petrol -> See Link
-> OCBC Robinsons Platinum Visa Card: Can get some discount when purchase John Little's, for me I buy health products =p

I heard standard chartered manhattan platinum card got this cashback thingy.
Go check it out.
And many more..~ Hope it helps.~

One more to add, don't delay your card's payments! Interest rate is insanely high!~
Ladykillerz
The Sky's The Limit! [angel]

Posted 20 March 2010 - 12:42 AM

Babyt
  • Babyt
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Cashback is useless unless u really spend ALOT. Judging from ur salary (around 30K), i reckon u will spend ALOT so such credit cards will be out for u.

Posted 20 March 2010 - 01:40 AM

Carz
  • Carz
    Clutched
    Author Image

UOB and MAybank cards are goooooood biggrin.gif

Posted 20 March 2010 - 03:28 AM

LoverofCar
  • Premium member
    LoverofCar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

yes..debit card is the best....no need to remember to pay the bank....and most important...no money don;t spend...why go on credit.....

Edited by LoverofCar, 20 March 2010 - 03:29 AM.

''Don't take life too serious...learn to forgive and forget..after all.....no one get out of life......alive''

Posted 20 March 2010 - 07:05 AM

Jeff49er
  • Jeff49er
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I use UOB card for Shell and HSBC for Caltex
Mits Lancer 2.0 EX Sports
Fav team wears Red :devil: My Lancer 2.0 Sports is also Red

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:05 AM

Babyt
  • Babyt
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

yes..debit card is the best....no need to remember to pay the bank....and most important...no money don;t spend...why go on credit.....

some ppl use credit cards not because they no money duhz.

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:14 AM

The_Bear
  • Premium member
    The_Bear
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

some ppl use credit cards not because they no money duhz.

Credit cards are inherently evil.
I think, therefore I am.
I think so, therefore I erm...

Posted 20 March 2010 - 10:01 AM

Tunge
  • Premium member
    Tunge
    5th Gear
    Author Image

with ur annual, can get quite a few cards.... for a start maybe get those without annual fees one like POSB everyday, got dividend/cash rebates, UOB singtel... most of the time i use my Citi Dividend card, easy to get annual fee waiver,

Posted 20 March 2010 - 10:41 AM

Little_prince
  • Premium member
    Little_prince
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

30k per yr better dun over indulge in credit cards la...
"Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it'll spend it's whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

HungryPaPa - https://instagram.com/hungrypapa/

Posted 20 March 2010 - 10:44 AM

Budgetice
  • Budgetice
    4th Gear
    Author Image

credit card quite ok lah... just have the discipline to clear all ur bills in full can already

can help u save money if you use wisely.. petrol discount, restaurant discount.. etc
be thankful... and life will be beautiful

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users